Spous imprisoned, how to release??

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jedah

Private
30 Badges
Mar 31, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities in Motion
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
Hey all, I'm new so pleaes bear with me :)

My character died, and continued playing the son, and his spous is imprisoned by some random vassal of another country.

I seem to be unable to find a way to release her, am I missing something? Other characters make offers to release my prisoners.
How can I get her out of prison??
I can't find an answer anywhere on internet:O.

Thanks alot!

• 1Like
Reactions:
right click on her face. you should see 'ransom prisoner'

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for your reply!

That was the first place I looked, second was at her jailor. Neither one shows a option to release.

1600796988161.png

is she a ruler? if she is, she has to ransom herself. maybe give her money

• 1Like
Reactions:
Who is the spouse's Leige? If she inherited in another realm or she is an independent ruler in her own right, she will live in a separate court and you'll have limited jurisdiction over her.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oke LOL, tried sending her money, and then she died. Err problem solved I guess? :p

Thanks alot for the help!
now who's out there?

I know that it doesn't really matter anymore, but based on the second picture, it looks like her liege is the same person as her jailer. This might also play a part in being unable to pay her ransom.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If your direct family is imprisoned by another ruler you can pay for their ransom even if they hold titles. Maybe it isn't so for your wife/husband.
I think (but I'm not 100% sure) this is only true if the titles they hold are in your realm. The few times I have had a spouse who is a landholder outside my realm and who is reporting to a different leige, I've not been able to ransom her as far as I can tell.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Given that one of the options was "invite to court" it's clear she had her own realm. It was grayed out because she was in jail. And her liege was her jailor.

Unfortunately, the game does not have a mechanic to free others outside your realm yet.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just wanted to add: I'm an emperor now, holding almost al of Europe, now some random vassal imprisoned my heir. And I could not get him out. He died in there...

This is so disappointing...

random vassal: " I just imprisoned the heir and son of the Emperor, and let him die in my prison. No problem!"

Really hope they fix this in the future.

Just wanted to add: I'm an emperor now, holding almost al of Europe, now some random vassal imprisoned my heir. And I could not get him out. He died in there...

This is so disappointing...

random vassal: " I just imprisoned the heir and son of the Emperor, and let him die in my prison. No problem!"

Really hope they fix this in the future.
Cheese answer:
1. Put court chaplain on county and fabricate a claim (count will be mad, Duke doesn't care)
2. After you have the claim, retract vassal from whomever has him now (only a +5 tyranny hit, the Duke is mad)
3. Revoke title. No tyranny, you have a claim. Might need to squash count, so move rally point right next door before revoking.
4. Son is probably now free, at worst, in your jail. If in your jail, free him without conditions, +20 opinion
5. Either give county to a lowborn character and transfer back to Duke (he is happy) or give him the title personally (also happy).

Net result, +5 tyranny that decays to 0 in less than a year.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Cheese answer:
1. Put court chaplain on county and fabricate a claim (count will be mad, Duke doesn't care)
2. After you have the claim, retract vassal from whomever has him now (only a +5 tyranny hit, the Duke is mad)
3. Revoke title. No tyranny, you have a claim. Might need to squash count, so move rally point right next door before revoking.
4. Son is probably now free, at worst, in your jail. If in your jail, free him without conditions, +20 opinion
5. Either give county to a lowborn character and transfer back to Duke (he is happy) or give him the title personally (also happy).

Net result, +5 tyranny that decays to 0 in less than a year.
I will definitely try this! I basically already abondoned the entire campaign because I was so bummed out. Thanks for your reply!