SPOILERS - - Of Unknown Origin, the 411 on the HM Mini-Campaign - - SPOILERS

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prussian Havoc

PDXCON 2019 ~ MechWarrior of the Year
58 Badges
May 12, 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
This thread is a spoilerific discussion of all-things HM Mini-Campaign.

Read further at your own risk!

:bow:

EDIT: (Read no further unless you want a major Spoiler. No, really, I mean it. No further.)
unknown origin Clan Wolverine.png

So there it is...

...Clan Wolverine.

Clan Wolverine.jpg

(pic courtesy of our very own @OathOfFealty :bow: )

Last edited:
It’s begun.

I have just accepted travel to the very first “Of Unknown Origin” FLASHPOINT!

Of course the planet is at the very, very edge of the ARGO’s map.

And the Mission is brought to brought to us by House Kurita no less!

Recovery of a Mission Combine Officer... hmm... maybe there’ll be some H. R. Giger craziness going on. : )

I’ve got to say... as my game is loading... I bet this is how the Coreward Quick Reaction Forces felt in 3049/3050 when they were responding to reports of “Unknown Invaders” our past the Free Rasalhague Republic!

I'm curious to know what is the model of the Jumpship on the FP window. The images on Sarna for the Jumpships are from the TRO's, and I found none that looked similar. :confused:

I'm about to start the Prototype FP to get the Raven, after that I might start the first part of the new FP, as it's 2 skulls.

Also curious, there is another DC FP in a nearby system, the "Red Hunt" I think it's called. I wonder if there's any connection... o_O

...Also curious, there is another DC FP in a nearby system, the "Red Hunt" I think it's called. I wonder if there's any connection... o_O
The Red Hunt has been with us for quite awhile. I don’t think there’ll be a connection to the Mini-Campaign, other than the House Kurita connection of course! : )

The Red Hunt has been with us for quite awhile. I don’t think there’ll be a connection to the Mini-Campaign, other than the House Kurita connection of course! : )

Aye, that one is part of the Urban Warfare, and the likeliest is that there are no connections among the two beyond the same employer. But it's still amusing to speculate. :D

Okay, having gotten the New Bull Shark, I believe the mech itself definitely qualifies for this thread.

The Bull Shark isn't IS. It's Clan. Have fun with that running around.

Okay, having gotten the New Bull Shark, I believe the mech itself definitely qualifies for this thread.

The Bull Shark isn't IS. It's Clan. Have fun with that running around.
How far into the Mini-Campaign have you gone?

Because from my perspective it is...

Off a lost ship from Kerensky’s Exodus

Gotten to the point where the bull shark is recovered (Extra spoiler, you're Probably on the black widows shitlist at that point too), and the Bull Shark as a quad of ER medium lasers that have stats that outperform a regular medium laser, and fit rather squarely as an improved Clan ER med laser.

So I wouldn't go parading this around the clanners if you value things like not dying, I don't think they'd appreciate something that one runaway clan made showing up and combat ready.

Here's a thought that *might* tie into the origin of the Bull Shark: Look at the manufacturer name of the COIL weapons.

So much HEAVY METAL Loot and not a single COIL Weapon!!!

ARGHhhhhh!

lol : )

Time for a bit of a review.

I dove head long into the Mini-Campaign and am just now coming up for breath. I had hoped to take my time with this first journey through HEAVY METAL’s Mini-Campaign. But that just isn’t turning out to be the case. This is just too much darn FUN! : )

I still managed to capture about 20 Screen Captures of the various Mini-Campaign Mission Screens, some key dialogue screens and of course a couple captures of the first appearance of the Bounty Hunter and his troops.

Yes, there is a distinctive Green Cbill Camo for the Bounty Hunter’s crew! : )

I’ll pull these screen captures forward as applicable, later in the thread.

I am still managing to run this Career Attempt as a Rule of Skulls Career (in other words, I take a Lance equal to or less than the difficulty of the Mission.)

This is driving some nicely challenging missions. I’m enjoying every minute of it! : )

End of Day One Report

That be SPOILERS here! Proceed at your own risk. Ye’ve been warned!

It is way too late... close to morning actually. And I’ll set the Mini-Campaign aside for now. Having started at the 700-day mark of an on-going Career Attempt, today I’ve burned through 170-days chasing down Mini-Campaign Missions and marking time between Mini-Campaign FLASHPOINT Clusters of Missions.

Having been fairly well advanced in my Career Attempt, I get the feeling the Mini-Campaign is routing me along at its fastest pace between FLASHPOINT Clusters.

Tomorrow will be a busy day for me and I won’t get back to the game until late afternoon. I’ll try to post some screen captures by tomorrow night.

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS: I am really enjoying the Mini-Campaign. I like the weaving of the Mini-Campaign’s story and I am enjoying its pace. It begins with a Local Actor and transitions seamlessly to an encounter with The Bounty Hunter’s “B Team.” While I still have a lot to unpack here and many missions to yet undertake, I am very very satisfied with the Mini-Campaigns Scale and Scope. It adds an immense amount of immersion and vibrancy to my Career Attempt. LOTS of replayability here. Great Job HBS! :bow:

SPOILERS follow, ye’ve been warned...

So what do you think of the Mini-Campaign’s story thus far?

I am about halfway and I am loving it, we’re not overwhelmed with the Bounty Hunter and Wolf’s Dragoons right up front!

There is a third-party, a successful Mercenary/Business Interest who being first on the scene gains some serious resources and power before it all begins to turn against him with first us, then the Bounty Hunter.

All that is missing is COMSTAR!

Of course who might be paying the Bounty Hunter’s retainer!?!? (Like I said, I’m only halfway through the Mini-Campaign. : ) )

What do you think of the quality of HBS’s storytelling here?

I am really enjoying it. High quality, a real “One More Contract” feel to it all.

It would make for another awesome Sourcebook from Catalyst! Maybe Kiva and Andrew...

Only did the first two missions yet, I need to spend a few days repairing my Phawk for the third. It's been exciting, and I'm looking forward for the twists, regardless of how predictable or overused may be. :D

Found it funny, Sumire addressing Shugo as "Bob", don't remember seeing that before. Oh, and the map on the second mission -> :eek:
When this first part of the FP is done, I'll likely have to do a bunch of contracts to get more C-bills to buy the second bay and have Heavies before continuing it...

Time to start a new Campaign / Career.
Two small points on the last battle - even with my pc - 16gb ram video 4gb the debris of the widows / bounty mechs are pink ?
No mech salvage ?

hm5.jpg
hm4.jpg
hm3.jpg
hm2.jpg

Last edited: