• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(48557)

Captain
Sep 13, 2005
As the sunshine slowly filtered into Martinn Schaefer's suite, the Alexanderplatz came to life. Awoken by the newfound light, he slowly pulled himself from his slumber and stumbled into the bathroom. Despite his grogginess he couldn't help but feel nervous. This was their final gamble. If they failed, the ban the government had been pushing for decades would finally pass. And so deep in thought he put on his robe and stepped out onto the balcony. Greeting the world once again he took in the sights from the twenty first floor of the Forum Hotel. His gaze came to rest upon the World Time Clock and it's numbers roused him from his stupor.

"7:35. Damnit, I must meet Dieter in less than an hour!"

Hastily grooming himself he grabbed his small duffel bag out from the closet and left the cozy room behind forever.

Exiting the warm building the crisp air greeted him with an icy blast. Making his way to the metro his mind escaped the hustle and bustle of the Alex and wandered to his mission. He was brought back to reality by the scalding coffee on his arm.

"Watch where you are going, ass!"

He snapped his head back fast enough to only see a stocky man making a rude gesture. No matter, he was not to be concerned with trivial issues today. His journey to the metro station went on uneventfully. He had made great time once on the streets, and when he finally sat down and checked his watch he determined he had roughly thirty minutes to reach the cathedral.

He eyed his fellow shipmates on the subterranean voyage suspiciously, but none of them seemed to notice or care. He pulled into the correct station and made his way to the escalator. On his way up a business man brushed against his bag but he didn't seem to notice what he had just felt.

Emerging into the streets he gazed up at the church and marveled at it's beauty. He would have to return here someday when his task was completed. He spotted Dieter in the predetermined alleyway and quickly escaped the teeming masses. They checked eachother's bags and, after assuring that the needed equipment was present, Martinn called Hans on his cellphone and gave him the codeword.

The two men settled in for the wait and a heavy silence descended. For a few minutes the pair were deep in thought, but eventually, Dieter had to speak.

"Is this really right, Martinn? I know that what we are fighting for, but has it really come to this?"

"We have had fifty five years to try to free our nation peacefully. Both sides have brushed us aside while they warred with eachother for dominance. Now we will re-assert Germany's will."

With that Hans pulled into the alley in his black mercedes and came to a stop next to the pair. The two men silently entered the car. They turned onto the avenue and headed for the Reichstag.

Last edited:
The mercedes weaved through the thick morning traffic. The trio came alongside the Spree river when they hit the gridlock. Hans cursed.

"Damn it to hell, if this doesn't let up we'll miss him!"

"Patience, Hans. We will be there." Martinn calmly replied.

While Hans nervously scanned the street for any kind of detour, Dieter stared at the floor. Martinn could tell he was having doubts. Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye on him, but I have faith in him. Dieter is with the cause.

Finally a bus took off along it's route and a side street opened up. Hans seized the opporunity and soon the trio were once again moving at a brisk pace. A few uneventful minutes later they reached the garage owned by Karl Grunfelder, another man loyal to the cause. As the approached and signaled the security camera the garage doors opened. The mercedes glided inside and the men exited. The men grabbed their bags, and Karl wished them luck. Moments later they were on the sidewalk heading for the entrance to the Reichstag. They were to enter using a service corridor, but Martinn wished to show Dieter the famous inscription. They finally reached the front plaza, and even though security was tight, the net started at the entrance. Dieter and Martinn wearily approached the plaque and Hans watched for any signs of trouble.

Martinn reached up and brushed his hands over the words.

Dem Deutschen Volke
(To the German People)

"Do you see what we fight for, Dieter? We are fighting for the german people. The men inside this building are not the people of Germany, they are but craven pawns of the british and french. We will bring honor to Deutshland once more."

Dieter slowly looked up and their eyes met. Martin knew. Dieter was ready.

Last edited:
Duke: That's quite a compliment coming from you! :)
I'm glad you like it, and yeah, I suppose I'll be continuing the Irish AAR on a reload. I got really angry at the whole thing after Scotland annexed me in 1421 :mad:

lifeless: Glad you think so :)

Probably another entry tonight

The service tunnel was located on the eastern side of the grounds in a small concrete building tucked away from the Reichstag. Hans took a small device out of his duffel and attached it to the side of the camera watching the entrance.

"There. It will loop the ten seconds before I attached it until it's removed. The fools are totally blind!" he proudly announced.

Dieter produced some bolt cutters and made short work of the padlock securing the door. He opened it, and the three intruders filed in. The tunnel was dank with pools of water on the cracked concrete floors and humming electrical cables running along the ceiling and walls. There were no overhead lights inside the tunnel, and so each man removed a flashlight from their bag. Martinn took the Uzi from within his duffel and slung it around his shoulder. There was not supposed to be any security personnel stationed within the tunnels, but with Chancellor Schroeder and his entire cabinet in the same room as the Bundestag who knows what kind of extra security they had implemented.

They crept along the tunnel until they finally reached their destination, a nondescript hatch on the right side of the tunnel ceiling. Martinn cautiously climbed up the short later and started to turn the hatch lever. When no sounds emanated from the other side to indicate someone had heard the hatch moving, he opened the door and climbed into the storage closet. He stuck his hand through the hatch and motioned for the rest of his party to follow. The men quickly took stock of their surroundings and then locked the door.

Dieter set his bag on the floor and extracted his prized possession: a Heckler and Koch PSG1 semi-automatic sniper rifle.

Last edited:
Ohh, things are heating up. Great stuff and looking good. :)

:eek:o How silly of me! I haven't mentioned that this is Hearts of Iron 2 version 1.2 with the Modern Day Scenario 2 mod.

I hope the cell phone and mercedes S-class references weren't confusing :rofl:

Sir Humphrey: Thank you very much, so great to know I pleased a legend such as yourself :)

Last edited:
true but if that happend in real life, the Germans wouldnt even get the chance to become Fascist as the UN would be there in a second if they became Fascist. :D . Anyways good job with the AAR so far.

The Luger produced a noticeable bulge, but Hans was not the least bit worried. As he looked back and got his last glimpse of the storeroom door he cleared his mind of thoughts about his friends and focused intently on his destination. The security guard's uniform fit comfortably, and his I.D. badge was free of any signs of counterfeiting. His thick overcoat masked his greatest weapon of all, concealed in a large modified pocket. He nodded to the the man stationed at the speaker's entrance and entered the main chamber of the Reichstag unhindered. Ten feet away Gerhard Schroeder was going over the last minute changes to his imminent address.

Dieter carefully disassembled the rifle and placed the parts in a modified briefcase. He placed a few extra cartridges in the lining of his coat and turned to Martinn. Wordless, he looked into the eyes of his mentor and both men understood the other. He tore himself away from what might be his last moment with the man he looked up to most and stepped out into the corridor.

Although most of the upper rotunda viewing areas were packed with members of the media, VIPs, and the few lucky tourists, one particular such room was under renovation after problems with the structural integrity were found. The government was unaware of the building inspector's ties to the movement. Making his way through the throngs of eager onlookers was difficult, but at last he cleared the area and moved unseen into the abandoned room. He checked the room and then moved to the area overlooking the floor of the Reichstag.

Removing his tools, he hastily reassembled the PSG and got his bearings through the scope.

His target was approaching the podium to thunderous applause.

Schaefer focused on his watch in agony waiting for his cue. When he heard the announcement over the stereo system and the applause filtered through the wall, he wearily stood up and tucked the Uzi under his coat. Casually leaving the room he stopped in the main hall to briefly listen to the speech. Each of the men knew the address by heart, courtesy of Schroeder's personal speechwriter, and Schaefer could sense the line was near. He took up position by the main exit, and waited. Waited for his destiny.

At last the fatal utterance was on the horizon. Even in the upper rotunda the words were clear, and Dieter was counting the seconds. Schroeder finally came to the crescendo of his idiotic rhetoric: "And so, I defiantly say, that Germany will not fight with America. We join our close friends in France..."

Dieter did not hesitate. He simply thought "Dem Deutschen Volke" , and pulled the trigger.

The concussion rocked the building, and stunned the masses into silence. It was not clear who had been shot, if anyone, to the onlookers. People closer to the podium knew differently. The entirety of the Chancellor's security team was dead.

Hans took a deep breath, and moved toward the podium. He reached the Chancellor, and whispered something into his ear. Schroder turned pale white. Before he could say anything, Hans removed the swastika flag from his coat and draped it over the podium.

He brought the Luger to Schroeder's head, raised his arm in salute, bellowed "Sig heil!", and fired.

Last edited:
From Associated Press - March 21, 2003

GERMAN NEO-NAZIS ASSASSINATE CHANCELLOR SCHROEDER, CABINET, BUNDESTAG

"BERLIN, GERMANY - Early yesterday morning fascist militants infiltrated the Reichstag parliament building in Berlin and assassinated German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, his entire cabinent of ministers, and 2/3 of the Bundestag during a special address called by the late Schroeder to discuss America's declaration of war on Iraq. Simultaneously, multiple groups of insurgents attacked other government ministries and police headquarters. Large amounts of the federal military forces have also joined the rebels. It is unclear how large the insurgent force is, but reports indicate hundreds of thousands of citizens with hitherto unknown nazi sympathies have joined the organized military force in attempting to coup the government. With the federal government in severe disarray, and reported similar uprisings in cities across the country, the fate of germany is so far undecided."

"NEW YORK, NEW YORK - United Nations Secretary General Koffi Annan expressed extreme disturbance over the events transpiring in Germany. Although condemning the rebel forces, he offered no plans for UN intervention. French President Jeaque Chirac offered similar sympathies, but also failed to detail any plans to reinforce the federal government. US President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair issued a joint statement of extreme rage. Bush declared: "The free nations of the world will not tolerate another fascist government upon this earth, and I can assure you any new government in Berlin will not be recognized by the United States or Great Britain." Despite their obvious disapproval, the US led Coalition's war on Iraq has prevented the US from making any plans of military intervention as well. For now, the Federal German Government stands alone."

This is building up to be a very sinister plot.

There's a mod running in the background, I imagine ;)
Let's see what happens next (given the costs of the war with Iraq, the costs of a war with Germany look like they could be impossibly big :eek: )

Can we see some screenshots? :)