• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
June 23, 2003

Martinn briskly marched into the all too familiar Reichstag building and sat down next to Sascha Rossmüller, leader of the militant youth wing of the National Democratic Party. Three months to the day after the revolution the situation sat with the entirety of the country in fascists hands. President Rau was in fascist custody, and the last remnants of the Federal Republic of Germany rounded up. The day had come. The age of the Fourth Reich had begun.

The crowd gathered outside the building was enormous, numbering in millions. They would watch on giant television monitors through out the city, but inside, the soon-to-be leaders of the new government sat quietly as Holger Apfel came to the podium and introduced the new Reichschancellor. Party chairman Udo Voigt walked to the center of the stage and, in a chilling scene recorded by a select few journalists, everyone in the building, and many outside, raised their arms in unison and greeted, "Heil, mein Führer!".

He returned the salute with a simple "Sieg heil!", and began his inaugural address.

"The great Empire of Germania has for too long been held under the grasp of corrupt foreigners. Today, Germany rises once again to claim it's title. We are the most powerful nation on earth, and we will not hold back in taking what is rightfully ours.

The Deutsch people are a strong people, and your county needs you to be strong. German industrial capacity will be expanded, the military bolstered, and new diplomatic ties forged. You must support the new nation in any way you can.

The false conformity of this so called European "Union" is nothing more than a plot to once more keep Germany under the heel of the rest of the world. No longer, my friends. The new Germany will not be a part of this insulting mockery.

Today, Germany leaves the United Nations and European Union. Today, Germany embraces it's destiny. Today, we bring about an era of unhindered Aryan dominance. Today, Deutschland is whole once more!"

With that he promptly exited to thunderous applause. The new Reichschancellor had much work to do. A new government was to be created, although the ministers had already been pre-selected. A rapid expansion of german industrial capacity was planned, as well as the modernization of the military. The heads of every major corporation had been replaced with much more loyal leaders, and their research and development capabilities were being fully utilized by the new Reich.

A few hours after the landmark event as Martinn slept in his home in Munich, a courier arrived with official directives from the Fuhrer himself.

He left for Beijing in the morning.

Again, thank you everyone for your support :)

There's a mod running in the background, I imagine
Aye, Modern Day Scenario 2. I didn't communicate this in the title originally, and I apologize for any confusion. Mettermck, however, decided to be awesome and fixed it :p

Can we see some screenshots?
I'll post them for sure tomorrow, I recently had to system restore and HOI2 folder was corrupted, so reinstall and then I'll take some... :mad:

Hmmm, ties with Beijing. Communists and Fascists united?
Time will tell, time will tell... *shifty eyes*

Good updates. Interesting plot.
Haha, I hope so. Hopefully the plot is entertaining, even if the writing quality isn't that great...

I would like to add that please, if anyone has any suggestions to improve my writing feel free to post them. I am a freshman in high school, so naturally, there's tons of room for improvement :rofl:

I'm afraid this AAR will lead to some very stereotypical images and views...
hope it doesn't.
Is the MDS mod already capable (will it ever be?) to support a whole game (+ writing a AAR about it???).

lol. good luck! did you mod it so relations with other countries go down? will you? hopefully, the us wont come over and kick your ass....:p

yeah lets hope it doesnt come to that. But i wouldnt want to see the Germans become fascist yet agian. Well i hope the UN will intervene soon before things spiral out of control.

Spitfire_Pilot said:
yeah lets hope it doesnt come to that. But i wouldnt want to see the Germans become fascist yet agian. Well i hope the UN will intervene soon before things spiral out of control.

LOL! Hilarious, better than the AAR itself. :rofl: :rofl:

LOL! Hilarious, better than the AAR itself.

Maybe its just me..but i dont get it... :confused:

stabsoffizier said:
I'm afraid this AAR will lead to some very stereotypical images and views...
hope it doesn't.
Is the MDS mod already capable (will it ever be?) to support a whole game (+ writing a AAR about it???).
I really hope you're not implying that I'm some kind of bigot, or that I've let bigotry into this AAR. : /

And I don't see why not. It runs fine on my system with the 1.2 patch, and there are leaders, events, and tech teams for the major countries...(So what if Jamaica and Bahammas are thrown into a "The Carribbean" nation? They're unimportant in the grand scheme of things.)

lol. good luck! did you mod it so relations with other countries go down? will you? hopefully, the us wont come over and kick your ass....
No, I haven't modded the relations. I could try, but I don't really know how to do that :) (The heaviest modding I've done is move an event from the GC in vickie to the 1919 mod scenario file!)

Some screenies and another update to come shortly!

GBIT said:
I really hope you're not implying that I'm some kind of bigot, or that I've let bigotry into this AAR. : /

No, shouldn't be an offense! You know, it's often that, say feeling, you get when the terms nazi and germany are thrown together. Go on with your AAR, it was about time for a new MDS AAR since the last was abandoned.
I would have started my own if I'd just figured out how to install MDS :)

stabsoffizier said:
No, shouldn't be an offense! You know, it's often that, say feeling, you get when the terms nazi and germany are thrown together. Go on with your AAR, it was about time for a new MDS AAR since the last was abandoned.
I would have started my own if I'd just figured out how to install MDS :)
Hehe, alright. I don't know why I took it as an insult, but oh well. :)

(And trust me, this AAR is in no way about domestic issues under the new government. And by the way, this is a wiser Reichschancellor. Everyone is an equally productive member of the work force in his eyes! ...But watch out homeless people! :p )

Anyways, here are the screenies I promised as of inagauration day:

Political situation of Europe and parts of Africa/Middle East (And a nice view of General Schneiderhan and the 3rdKorps)

The new Reich's government and political policies

Loyal corporations set about brining technological superiority to Germany

The government has continued planned expansion of the Kriegsmarine, and has decided to finish re-outfitting the Wehrmact and Luftwaffe before examining where the industrial base can be improved

It would be funny to see Poland invaded again. :rofl:

June 25, 2003

Lufthansa flight 3401 hit the tarmac at Beijing Capital International Airport with a small jolt and proceeded to taxi into the terminal.

The disturbance brought Martinn, who had been engrossed in Das Boot on his laptop, back to reality. A wave of exhaustion hit him, reminding him of the fact that he had not gotten a single minute of sleep the entire flight. He checked the time and realized the plane had landed about fifteen minutes early, more than enough time for a coffee before meeting this "Li" fellow. Although he had a huge file with exact details regarding his mission in Beijing, he still didn't understand why he had been chosen. He was no negotiator, but he supposed the Führer just wanted to be certain a man truly representative of the German government was present. "Oh well, It's not like I can fly back now." he sadly reminded himself.

Collecting his baggage he left the exit ramp and was thrust from the quiet, cold plane interior into a massive hodgepodge of people and street vendors. Making his way through the throngs of people he finally arrived at the curb and looked around for the sign of the government car that was supposed to retrieve him. He spotted a small Asian man holding a sign with barely legible English reading "SCHAEFER". He casually approached the man and shook his hand. Without a word he opened the passenger door and then made his way back to the driver's seat.

He sat down in the back and the man simply pulled onto the street and took off for wherever their destination was.

"Not one for words, eh?"

No answer. Either he didn't speak english, or he was just an asshole. Either way, Schaefer was too tired to care. He finally closed his eyes and drifted off into glorious sleep.

The clang of a closing gate finally coaxed him into consciousness. He groggily examined his surroundings and realized the car had just entered a gated compound, with armed guards stationed all over the area. They pulled up to what appeared to be the main plaza and the driver exited the car. Opening Martinn's door he silently motioned for him to get out and proceed up the steps and into the looming utilitarian doors. Reluctantly, he did just that.

Inside he found a pretty receptionist, but he had no time to flirt. She simply motioned for him to sit in one of the many chairs, and he obeyed. For what seemed like an eternity he stared off into space waiting for whoever this Li was to come and finish the damn deal.

Finally, a young chinese man in a suit came and retrieve him. He sincerely doubted the man spoke Deutsch. Luckily, he spoke english.

"Mr. Schaefer! We apologize for keeping you waiting so long, please, come with me. Minister Li is waiting in the conference room down the hall. My name is Chon, by the way."

"Hong Kong, eh?"

"Yes, good catch. My father was British, worked for the governor's office there. After the transfer I was recruited by the government. Seems there's a genuine lack of German speaking translators, so I hope you won't feel insulted that we're using english."

"Not at all, I didn't really expect anyone here to speak German."

"Well, if you'll come with me..."

He followed Chon down the hall and into the very large conference room. The table had three occupants. One was an older chinese man, whom he assumed was Minister Lee, another older man, and a a much younger one. He had no idea who the other men were. He though nothing of them until he realized the most important detail. They were Indian.

The three men stood up to greet the newcomer.

Minister Li said something unintelligible to Martinn, but Chon immediately translated. "Welcome to China, Mr. Schaefer. I am Armaments Minister Li Jiang. I hope we did not keep you outside for too long." They shook hands.

Now the younger Indian man began. "A pleasure to meet you as well, Mr. Schaefer. I am Sarjit Narwan, a humble translator, and this is the Minister of Trade, Jaswant Singh.

He shook the three men's hands, but strangely Minister Singh said nothing.

Li cut right to the chase. "We all know why we are here, and I think all of our governments have already communicated their intentions. We are only here to work out the details."

Finally, the older Indian man had something to add. Sarjit translated: "As I understand it your Chancellor has left the European Union and United Nations prompting almost all of Europe and the United States to completely embargo your nation."

"Yes, that is true."

"And so we are here. Even though our countries are run by vastly different governments with incompatible ideologies, we are united by our wish to stay independent from the United States' influence. You wish to fuel your economy solely on Indian and Chinese goods. As I'm sure Minister Li will agree, neither of our countries have any love for the European Union. We also understand the diplomatic implications of defying a Western Embargo and supplying your country with needed materials for a fraction of the cost at which the other European countries receive them."

Li finally interjected. "And that is why we have only one demand from Germany in return for extremely close trade relations. A mutual defense pact."

Martinn stared out the window while he contemplated the repercussions this would have on his homeland. He understood this was only one step short of a full military alliance and even though he was now considering throwing his hat in with a communist country and a democracy, he could not find any other alternative. He simply nodded, stood up, and walked out of the room.

Last edited:
a defense pact with india and china! :eek: be kinda hard for them to help you tho...but then again this is the modern age with ICBM's....

lifeless said:
a defense pact with india and china! :eek: be kinda hard for them to help you tho...but then again this is the modern age with ICBM's....
There is one very useful characteristic India and China share that Germany does not possess.....yet. :)

(BTW, mutual defense pacts in game terms basically meant we guaranteed eachother's independence)

June 23, 2004

The one year anniversary of the new reich found Markus Geyer in a naval office in Kiel. Every single u-boat in the Kriegsmarine, including the newly commissioned Type 212A's U31 and U32, had gathered for a massive training exercise. Markus didn't know why he had been called here, given that he had graduated from the Kriegsmarine's academy only a month ago. He had a sneaking suspicion he was simply a Public Relations stunt, but either way, he hoped this ended in him being assigned to a u-boat. So far his exciting career in the Kriegsmarine involved retrieving coffee for Admiral Kuhn in Wilhelms-haven.

At this point Admiral Feldt entered, and promptly shook Markus' hand.

"So THIS is the boy! Your father was one of the greatest heroes of the war, my boy, I'm glad you've decided to follow in his footsteps. Perhaps YOU will be the next Ace of the Deep!" He gave out a light chuckle.

Markus sighed. So it was about his father. No one seemed to understand the pressure associated with being the son of the greatest u-boat captain of WW2, Otto Kretschmer. Not even his mother changing their last name allowed them to escape the reputation.

"Yes, well, I'm glad to be here. Why exactly am I here, Admiral?"

"I assume you've heard about our little exercise, and I'll also assume you know that U32 was launched just last week. She's the best u-boat we've got, but we haven't found the right captain yet. Well, hadn't found." He smiled wryly.

"Sir....I've never even served on a u-boat before."

"Bah! You are the son of Otto Kretschmer! It will come naturally!"

Markus recognized the futility in arguing and resigned himself from the conversation.

"Well that settles it, let's go down and show you your new boat!"

As the Admiral led him out of the office he had a sinking feeling in his stomach. An untested boat with a brand new captain and a brand new crew. Taking part in a training exercise involving thirteen other u-boats.

His only thought on the way out was "This is going to end badly..."

Last edited: