• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

justabloke

Recruit
3 Badges
Dec 15, 2012
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris Sign-up
Hey,

Is there a way to create a spell that would alter a mage's (player's) relationship with a god. As you lose the ability to build shrines/temples to gods when they don't like you anymore, I thought perhaps a spell (ritual) of significant cost to appease them might be an interesting mod to add.

ATM it doesn't look like there's a way to do that. I don't see anything that could be used to achieve that, though that doesn't mean there isn't anything. It's possible there is something programmed in to do that, and is just not used by anything right now, so I can't see it.

What I used to do was work my way around the circle of gods using temples. It was a little time consuming, but it worked. For example, I have Krypta relation, but I want Agrela. I would build a temple to Krolm, then one to Helia, then demolish something from Krypta, build one to Dauros, demolish the Krolm temple, and then build one to Agrela. Or something along those lines.

Nowadays I just use a personal mod that changes when the Gods prevent you from building temples and such from -10 to -40. It gives a little breathing room for pissing them off.

It has ben a while since I played, but does not casting a god spell increase relation with that god? Now sure you can specify by how much?

If so, you could create a dummy spell that does not much but will increase relation.

Casting the spells does not increase relation, they simply require a certain amount before they can be cast.

But you might be on to something with the events, I know you can trigger random events with a spell. If it's possible to increase relation through them then that would work to get the OP's goal.

Hmm! I did not know that. That could expand the possibilities of a spells that I requested previously. It seems if I decide to continue my mod, I'll have to take a look at those events effects.

Thematically, it could be some sort of ritual spells.

I just checked the modding tool and I have not seen any spell effect that would trigger a quest, or any quest that would require a spell to be cast. Quests are the only "Event" in the game right? Unless there is something else in the XML?

I just checked the modding tool and I have not seen any spell effect that would trigger a quest, or any quest that would require a spell to be cast. Quests are the only "Event" in the game right? Unless there is something else in the XML?
I was referring to the "Random Events" in the xml, not quests. Though I'm pretty sure those can start quests.

I was not sure if "Random Event" where actually "Quest" Or if there was something separate.

Still I doubt new effects could be possible because most of the time, it consist in applying a perk to a player, so it does not add more effect than what perk design has to offer.

I checked the so call randome event from data.xml and there is not that much there. Wondering if it actually has a use. There is at most a dozen of events. Here is a sample:

<Item>
<s_name>ev_spawnLocations</s_name>
<s_type>SpawnLocations</s_type>
<subEvents>
<s_Item>beast</s_Item>
<s_Item>fly</s_Item>
<s_Item>elemental</s_Item>
<s_Item>rogue</s_Item>
<s_Item>demon</s_Item>
<s_Item>necros</s_Item>
<s_Item>chest</s_Item>
</subEvents>
<ip2_startTurn x="5" y="7"/>
<s_startSpell/>
<b_isSelfFraction>false</b_isSelfFraction>
<s_startPreset/>
<s_endSpell/>
<i_countExecute>-1</i_countExecute>
<ip2_frequency x="20" y="30"/>
<questNames/>
<s_person/>
<s_message/>
<s_gameMode>NOT_SET</s_gameMode>
<dlcs>
<u_dlcs>1</u_dlcs>
<entities/>
</dlcs>
</Item>

s_type is probably the kind of Event generated. So far there seem to be: SpawnLocations, Terraforming, HeroCome, ArtifactTrader. So not much options.

Sub events probably specify the type of monsters that can be spawned.
Start turn and frequency has and X and Y value which I have no clue of what it means.
StartSpell and EndSpell is probably a trigge rto start or end the event from a spell. This could be the thing we are looking for.

There is a lot of other pointless value. The only other meaningful value seems to be <questNames> Which seem to specify which quest to start.

So in theory you could cast a spell, that trigger and event and that triggers a quest. So now we will have to see if quest offer something spells does not offer by default. Like I said, most quest will grant perks which can already be done by spells. If so, I imagine you can design a quest with 1 choice and a sure victory condition to apply the effect you want when the spell is case. I'll have to check if quest really have non-perk effects to offer.

I don't know about other effects, but you could probably have the quest reward God relation. As there are already quests that do that, it would be pretty simple.

As to the random events, you are correct there isn't actually much you can do with them directly. I just remembered that I had seen the ability to start them with a spell, as well as start a quest with them.

Start turn is what turn the event will start on, so x=5 and y=7 will pick a turn from 5-7 to start that event on.

Frequency is how often it will reoccur, x=20 and y=30 is every 20-30 turns.

A few others have uses only in specific circumstances, message is which message will pull up on the screen, person is who says it etc. Not sure what countExecute or isSelfFraction are, but I would guess the second one has something to do with whether to apply the event to only one faction.