• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Achievement

fesq563gr

Recruit
66 Badges
Sep 7, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
Hello

I am playing a game on the most recent patch where I formed a republic but I didn't get the achievement. Even though the achievement menu tooltip explicitly says I did "enact the decision to become a Republic" see attachment.

I pick the option, waited a half a year in game. It was still greyed out but the tool tip confirmed that I had enacted the decision.
Then I restarted the game, after which the padlock showed up. This is when I took the screen shot.

I have NOT messed up the options when I started the game, I know this because I checked by doing the "International Relations" achievement on the same run/savegame. It was rewarded both in the menu and in steam no problem at the end of the month.

Additional info:
I launched the launcher through Steam (Cannot remember if I bought the game at launch through Steam or a Steam key through Paradox directly, one of the two)
Iron Man
Very Easy
I began this play through yesterday
I have made sure I was logged into the Social thingy both in the launcher and in the main menu before starting any game
I detected no issues with internet connection throughout my play through
Game was NOT saved to cloud

Is there anything I can do at my end to get it? It just bugs me an irrational amount that I did it but there's no acknowledgement.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Tribal Assembly Error.png
    Tribal Assembly Error.png
    3,7 MB · Views: 0
I can see that some folks have that achievement already, so it is gettable and not bugged. No real idea why it has not triggered for you.

Have you tried exiting then reloading the whole game? I've seen that work with other achievements sometimes.

I can see that some folks have that achievement already, so it is gettable and not bugged. No real idea why it has not triggered for you.

Have you tried exiting then reloading the whole game? I've seen that work with other achievements sometimes.

Hello Andrew

Yes, I attempted to reload the game. As previously mentioned that just made the padlock appear over the logo for the achievement.

And I can see that on Steam others have already gotten that achievement. 1,7% of people as of writing this message. But this achievement has been in the game since launch I think. Maybe some trigger got crossed in a later patch?
I don't buy the augment that the achievement is 'gettable' because it was 'gottable'.

I have also tried to 'verify the integrity of game files' through Steam. It claimed everything was in order.

Any recommendations of what to do in my end is appriciated.

Best Regards

If as it seems you believe this is a game bug , please make a new thread on in in the Bug Reports forum and attach the affected save game there for QA to look into.

Sorry for that problem!