• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Most of all
Opposing rebels should fight each other, and maybe in certain circumstances form coalitions (e.g. communists join with certain nationalists to fight fascists sometimes etc)

Maybe even have a "will ally with" list per country similar to the party system. So that there's more and less hardline rebels (like for instance fascists or communists that will or will not accept the demands of nationalists and ally with them) of various types in different countries to add flavour.

And
With tariffs, how about two seperate sliders for raw goods and manufactured goods? No doubt there were some countries that made raw goods cheap and manufactured goods expensive or near impossible to import.

Indeed. I believe they send the patches to Steam the day they release them.

I would love to see a civil war system, not a US civil war, but a generic one. Something along the lines of EU Rome which functions like this. You have any country where if one rebel faction grows strong enough (Say Communists/Fascists/Reactionaries/Jacobins/) grows strong enough and militancy is high enough (Say 40% of the countries POP's and 5 militancy) A seperate government of the same country will be formed an they duke it out. It would allow a better simulation of the Carlist Wars or the Russian Civil war or any other Historical/Non-Historical scenario you can concieve of.

I would love to see a civil war system, not a US civil war, but a generic one. Something along the lines of EU Rome which functions like this. You have any country where if one rebel faction grows strong enough (Say Communists/Fascists/Reactionaries/Jacobins/) grows strong enough and militancy is high enough (Say 40% of the countries POP's and 5 militancy) A seperate government of the same country will be formed an they duke it out. It would allow a better simulation of the Carlist Wars or the Russian Civil war or any other Historical/Non-Historical scenario you can concieve of.

Agreed.

I would rather like it if we get more time to play with an expansion. As it is now, gives me already to short games. I hit the end date mostly when I play on weekends in just 2 or 3 days. Ok I know its hardcore to play a full weekend hour for hour... But then I can enjoy it.

Im pretty much sure that I would buy all your other games if you would combine them to just one game or at least that they are savegame compatible. It would be more then awesome to play a complete history. :)

I would like more emphasis on the relationships between countries, and the way they interact with one another depending on their relationship. Also the addition of a new map view: Relations; where -200 = dark red, -100 = ligher red, 0 = white, +100 light green, +200 = dark green (like the RoN system).

eg.:

start2011062800302625.png

Last edited:
I would like to see posts that don't include gratuitous and out of context acronyms. :D

I would like to see the economic system improved so no more dreadnought spamming and building no more covering russia in railroads. Also the ability to purchase warships from other countries would be nice

On time being not weeks of differance. Paradox imo is the only company that seems to screw up with its steam content over and over again...

Steam is far from perfect. Many games I play via Steam have patch difficulties due to the difference in how the company patches and how steam patches. The Witcher 2 was a recent example of weird incongruity between Steam and the developer. Many Steam customers had to re-download 9 GB worth of files when the developer released 30 MB patches.

Stuff happens, and in this case both sides could probably do with reform, but it's not an easy thing to influence the methods of Steam.

Not sure if this was said yet or not, but maybe a fix for the woar score system so that if you have 100% against say GB, then it would be more reasonable to demand most of their overseas territory, or at least a independant India

The single most important simple economic fix I would like to see would be: Give capis a pre-industrial income source.

The chicken-egg problem where capis don't get income because they have no factories, and no factories because they have no money to build them with, persists.

There was a bourgeois class far before there were factories, getting its income from trade and pre-industrial production and such (and who employed others to work in facilities they owned, so that isn't adequately represented by the artisan). Industrialization began by people already having lots of money investing into factories, not by poor artisans pooling their money together and starving on the streets in the hope that enough other people would join them to eventually get that factory capital raised.

With that in mind, how about letting capis skim a small income share from all production that happens in a province, RGO as well as artisan? In exchange they'd give a small output bonus to everyone present to make their existence worthwhile. And preferably scale it so that a higher % of capis in a province get a higher income share, so that actually promoting more capis is better than promoting a few, contrary to the current situation where the fewer the better as the income share remains the same and the part of income going to consumption (rather than investment) is smaller.

What I think Vicky 2 needs are: Intelligence/spying, parliament/ministers and/or advisors and way to affect internal politics in your own country (like gradually trying to change popularity of the political parties, and other countries too, usable by spying or disrupt their goverments etc.).

The FtM players report a performance boost compared to SF. I hope this will apply to AHD as well.

Not that Vicky is particularly laggy unless you own three fourths of the world, but hey.