• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's what the "popular movements" reffers to. Rebel movements will be more focused on specific reforms, so you should be able to choose to give them what they want to make them go away, or ignore them until they rise up then shoot them. It should get rid of the situations where rebel movements form but you can't grant any reforms to calm them down.

Oh, that's quite exciting. If this same kind of improvement could extend to the nationalist rebels as well (as they currently have to occupy every last core in order to achieve success, unlike in Vic1), that would make me a happy man. Even so, any revamping of the rebel system is reason for celebration.

How did it take so long for me to notice this announcement. :eek:

I'm very excited, and I like the list of features.

However, there's one great speculated feature missing: regional markets. I've been looking forward to that immensely. It would make the economy much more deep. Especially with transaction cost economics between regional markets. Any change of this still being implemented?

Edit: after reading the thread a bit better, I'm not the only surprised one.

I could live with or without regional markets. I suspect they wouldn't give a whole lot of gameplay bang for development buck, so I'd rather these features get implemented and perfected instead.

All I can say is: I'm as happy as a Frenchman who just invented self-unzipping trousers! :D This announcement made my day, week, and probably month! :)

To be honest, I am shocked - shocked, I say - over this.
Not, admittedly, that an expansion is being made, just that its planning was finished enough that it could be revealed at E3 (and with such in-depth commentaries by others!), given some not so distant comments by Johan (that no expansion was planned, but ideas were being bounced around in the office).
1861 is... a good start. Long enough from 1836 that it is fairly different, yet not so long that there is little left of the game, and it takes place in a popular and pivotal era. Hm... of course, the American Civil War wasn't the only civil war in 1861... one wonders if China will get some Taiping love...
EDIT: Reading the in-depth look, China, at least, will look different, though the Taiping thing in 1861 still remains unknown.

Last edited:
Things I would like to see with patch or expantion:
1) GP should be able to Embargo specific country from their own Sphere, like it now while at war.
2) Make conditions for converting colony to state moddable. If you don't want to change conditions, please, make it possible we could change them.
3) Please, remove *2 effect of supply while at war, it gives strange effects to economy. It can be replaces by states: regiment is fighting (so *4 supply effect), regiment is moving - *1.5 supply effect, just standing - *1, etc.. Same for ships.

this is why i hate paradox, i have exams to do and coursework and they go and make an expantion which i will have to play religiously. Curse you paradox and your addictive and brilliant games

Not bad news. Not bad news at all.:D I assume the multicore improvements mentioned by a dev in relation to FtM will be in this XP, if you can get it shoehorned into this version of the engine?:) I understand it can be difficult when not having to remake the game from scratch?