• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox, as you will improve the economical side of the game, please don't forget to rework the tariff system. At the moment, as POPs always buy first from national market, tariffs have only one purpose : filling national treasury. But the real protectionist purpose is totally forgotten : local producers aren't helped by tariff whose historical purpose was to make national consumers buying national production. On the contrary, national producers just pay the tariff on importations. So that's dumb.

Less trolling, please. I'm sure mods make things more balanced or more interesting for you, but the game is quite playable without them.

Now, sure. But do you not remember 1.00, with the millions of anarcholiberals who overthrew the US? The uber-Britain which turned India into a dark satanic mill? The never-forming Italy, Germany, etc?

Sounds good. I have wanted to play a game as the CSA so the ACW scenario looks interesting but I don't know if I would want to start that late, especially when the CSA won't have much room to expand (outside of the U.S.) if they win the war. I do have a few suggestions though and the 1st one might balance things out and help get people to play the scenario instead of the GC.

1. Make the Manifest Destiny event fire for all nations whose primary culture is in the American group and not just the U.S.. This way the CSA and Texas might get the opportunity to expand westward if they survive. If the U.S. already controls the American southwest though you could still add in an event that gives Texas/ The CSA (if they control Texas) cores in Northern Mexico and the opportunity to expand to the pacific down south. It's not entirely realistic, but hey neither is the South winning the civil war or Texas sticking around. This would add more depth to CSA and Texas games as well as give more people an incentive to try the scenario since they would need to have Texas to get the event to fire.

2. Allow for espionage. I didn't use it too often in Eu3 but I see a lot of potential for it in V2. You could have spies sabotage factories in other countries or help promote revolution.

3. I think there should also be a remove from own sphere option. To my it's kind of silly that once a country lands in your sphere you can't declare war on them and you can't remove them from your sphere in order to do so. I guess the simple answer would be not to sphere theme in the first place but still it seems kind of silly not being able to declare war on them just because you hold a lot of influence over them.

questions, questions, questions...
1- will opposing rebels fight each other if they have enough organization and numbers?
2- any improvement to colonisation model?
3- multicore support in mind? what is the goal of performance improvement?
4- mind to reduce the huge money supply that makes money not an issue?
5- will internal migration be reduced?
6- ability to form more solid alliances will be implemented?
that's all for now :D

I think I must have died in my sleep last night because it seems that I've woken in some sort of heaven today. I think this announcement addresses all of those features that I most sought in the game (at least partially we'll have to see the game before providing a final assessment.) I'm indifferent to the ACW scenario but I would have preferred a WWI scenario (though I think the combat model of the game would make WWI less impressive so ACW might be the best choice in the end.)

:D Now off to confirm that I am indeed still alive.

Great to hear there will be an expansion!

Though the focus is on economics and politics, I do hope we will get a better naval combat system (and maybe convoys). The current one is too simple!

Also I hope infrastructure in general will be improved and will no longer enable level 5 railroads in the Amazones or the Sahara desert. Furthermore, all structures should also require some maintenance.

Gorgeous!

All the things announced are great for me. It could improve hugely two of the three big dimensions of Victoria2 (politics and diplomacy). The other one is economics, but, wow, two of three is a big deal ;) (and of course we're talking just about the first expansion).

A 1861 scenario is good also, both for Vicky lovers and for marketing reasons (and more sales is good also for Vicky lovers).

OT: after PoN and a Vicky2 expansion focused in ACW, I'm just wondering how long the announcement of Ageod's American Civil War 2 will take :D

Now, sure. But do you not remember 1.00, with the millions of anarcholiberals who overthrew the US? The uber-Britain which turned India into a dark satanic mill? The never-forming Italy, Germany, etc?

Sure, but that wasn't what you said: You said it required modders to fix the issue as if we didn't bother. Even then you are streaching "unplayable" a fair bit, I think.

Excellent!

Concentration the efforts into the original time frame is the right way to go in my opinion.
Good luck with the development!
Even if I am a bit more restrictive in my game buying (and playing) these days I will buy this one.

Yes, I want to know this too. It's probably my most wanted feature.

Mine too. And as we've seen in Pride of Nations, it works (of course, there's the thing that real-time and turn-based games are quite different and so).

I would just add (to those new features/things) a revamp of CBs (it CAN´T be that after the mother of all wars the UK still remains number 1 or 2 power in the wolrd) and a revamp of score calculations.

PS. Oh, I forgot: Great news¡¡

I'd love to see regional markets implemented as well, though the preview doesn't mention anything about it.

I would just add (to those new features/things) a revamp of CBs (it CAN´T be that after the mother of all wars the UK still remains number 1 or 2 power in the wolrd) and a revamp of score calculations.

PS. Oh, I forgot: Great news¡¡

These new "manufactured" CBs might just do... something interesting :)