• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kallocain

Executive Producer
22 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Divine Wind
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Legio
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Ok, I have a bomb to drop, are you ready?
Really ready?
Here goes. The first expansion for VII is brewing in the Paradox office.
Ok, maybe you are not completely shocked. :)

The aim is to improve upon mainly the political and economical aspects of the game, with focus on the American Civil War era.

I'll list a few of the features here:
  • New starting point in 1861, allowing players to experience the US Civil War from the start.
  • Manufacture reasons to go to war with other countries, all in the name of the great game of power.
  • Civilize your country with various new reform paths to ultimately become equal to the western nations.
  • Invest in building infrastructure and factories in other countries to strengthen their ties to you.
  • Deeper political system with new national focus options and new types of reforms.
  • A new system of popular movements that can be appeased or suppressed, but if ignored, will become the revolutionaries of tomorrow.
  • Improved interface, with more information easily available and improving gameplay.

Let the praise/critique begin!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great news! :) The popular movement concept and deeper political system sound especially interesting. As well as the CB manufacturing and foreign investments, and well... everything :D

Oh no, an expansion! I don't have money, so I won't be able to buy it, so if I'll make some mods then no one will play them, as they'll be all playing the expansion! :(

It's a V2 expansion. Taking up prostitution for a month seems a worthwhile trade-off.

Well yeah, but I'm sure there must be some non-profit organisation out there that helps poverty-stricken V2 fans that are in need of an expansion.

Yes, the TV in Africa is full of adverts telling the locals that if they give just two pounds a month, a bored Western history nerd can enjoy the latest Paradox expansions :)

wow. I really thought they would leave starting date as it is or at least push it to 1820 or something when EUIII ends but they just cut the most interesting years and start with 1861.

Other stuff is genuinely appreciated :)

Can my moderating duties be temporarily suspended so I can use strong language to express my reaction to this?

...or, hell yeah. Best news I've seen on the forums since, well, since V2 was announced!

Will this also take about a year to balance? This all sounds fun, but you're adding more complex to a game that's taken dedicated modders to make playable...

wow. I really thought they would leave starting date as it is or at least push it to 1820 or something when EUIII ends but they just cut the most interesting years and start with 1861.
No, you'll still be able to start in 1836 if you want. The 1861 start in in addition to, not instead of.

Last edited:
A WWI focused one is sorely needed as it wasn't done in the first game either, hoping it will be done as the next one at least.

Will this also take about a year to balance? This all sounds fun, but you're adding more complex to a game that's taken dedicated modders to make playable...

Less trolling, please. I'm sure mods make things more balanced or more interesting for you, but the game is quite playable without them.