• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This looks very interesting! One of the reasons I have not bought Victoria 2 is that I don't like war-games as much as nation management and development. I realize war is part of that, but I do not enjoy it as a primary focus; hence I have not put time or money towards more war-management style of which Paradox seems to specialize. It's a bit sad for me as these games are quite intriguing - if only I more enjoyed making and moving troops, and plotting our rise through gunfire...

An increased focus on economy and the nation-proper including infrastructure, in particular development of overseas economies and tighter relations through investment does interest me! I'll keep an eye on this for sure, now.

Can I request (for the love of all that is holy!) that the ledger in V2 is upgraded to at least the standard of the V1 ledger. In my opinion the clunky interface is V2's biggest problem.

fasquardon

This looks very interesting! One of the reasons I have not bought Victoria 2 is that I don't like war-games as much as nation management and development. I realize war is part of that, but I do not enjoy it as a primary focus; hence I have not put time or money towards more war-management style of which Paradox seems to specialize. It's a bit sad for me as these games are quite intriguing - if only I more enjoyed making and moving troops, and plotting our rise through gunfire...

An increased focus on economy and the nation-proper including infrastructure, in particular development of overseas economies and tighter relations through investment does interest me! I'll keep an eye on this for sure, now.

I don't know what you heard about this game, but it pretty much is a game which focuses primarily on the economic and social aspect. It is by no means a war-focused game.

This is great news, I'm really looking forward to this expansion.

This may have been mentioned by others, but I think it would be awesome if an earlier start date was created as an option (e.g. 1800 or even earlier if possible, like the recognition of American independence by the British in 1783). That way it would be possible to participate in the Industrial revolution right at the start and it would create a number of interesting game mechanics (e.g. other playable nations such as Poland, fewer existing colonies, less overwhelmingly powerful United Kingdom).

Either way, any expansion is welcome, and one that focuses on the Civil War is a great idea.

i would like to see events where irland and finland will declare independent.

espionacesl system would be nice. stealin technology and if it is revealed could in some cases lead to diplomatic crisis and maybe even war

Yes i know that say is not useful... avoiding the opening of topic i write here about my think: I suffer for the lack of news about patch and expansion etc about V2, i hope that gamescom have for us important information for V2. :'(

Will there be any change at the diplomacy gameplay? I find it rather annoying to have to aways keep an eye at the influence screen. Things should work diferently with relations and influence. Its too micro intensive.

(bad english, sry)
I have an idea for the upcoming expansion, or for Vic 3:p
Trade-diplo system upgrade with embargo function, and export-import moratorium (in time of war, you can bleed out the enemy without gunfire, he cant buy on the world market important goods (if you are the main exporter(vica versa) and the contraband cut down enemys budget, riots, whatever...)

infamy punishment: if you become a very bad (kitty) boy, in vanilla vic, you are the strongest -> everyone fear your country, or attacking, and fail...
maybe, the first punishment: trade embargo (weapons, ((technology))) like in the real world...
second punishment: diplomatic war, riots in the bad country, higher revolt risk, revolution
third: war against you (you are weak (embargo-revolt risk)) free the last annexed-occupied land, puppet government->consolidation

diplo enhancing is a good idea:) new alliance types, trade regions, techs (blueprints),

and many other idea:) what do you think? (sry again, bad english)

1. In-game Province and Region renaming
2. Industrial score that favours military industry and country/empire self-sufficience
3. UI that shows how much you need/how much you produce/how much youre missing/etc in the same panel

I believe the above are necessary for the game. Other than that keep up the good job and start giving dev diaries already! :)

Also It would be nice to see a different colony/homeland distiction. In the current system 'colony' is a development/production tag while it should really be political. Although industrialising 'colonies' is nice, there should be some kind of hierachy for your regions and possibly different sets of management options. Eg SPA Philippines are a colony - Cuba can be a home province, FRA Algerian coast is integrated, rest is colony etc. I believe itd add to immersion considerably.

1. In-game Province and Region renaming

This, please! If not all provinces, at least colonies. There's no point in having an African colony named Libreville as Germany, when it could instead be Freistadt :) But of course, conquered provinces could also change names. I'd love to rename italian Nice as Nizza, for example.

Also, it probably has been already suggested, but regarding UI improvements.
- Please add a final sum of factors for assimilation/promotion/emigration chances, etc in the little pop-up when you hover your mouse over an icon. I know it's easy to add the numbers up in your mind, but it takes a while taking red and green asterisks into consideration and becomes a bit confusing if you want to check multiple factors. Something like this would be good:
|(*) +0.6% : Literacy above 40%
|(*) +0.6% : Getting more than 50% of their Luxury Needs
|(*) +0.6% : Getting more than 70% of their Life Needs
|(*) -0.6% : Militancy above 9.0
|(*) +0.1% : Unemployed below 5.0%
|=============================
|Total chance : +0.7 %
|_________________________________________________

Government system like monarchs, presidents, prime ministers maybe even the cabinet, etc...
I would like to see this feature as major addition. Player should be given the ability to apoint individuals, each with different perks like bonuses to industry output, immigration, tax and adm efficiency. It would also be nice if the quality of those polititians should reflect things like let's say consciousness, plurality or literacy etc.

Lots of great (and ambitious!) suggestions here!
Can we expect some sort of Development Diary to give us an idea of the features we can realistically expect, so that our suggestions can be a bit more implementable/relevant?