• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice, but please think in the ones that like to play MP a lot.

More diplomacy, like the one already existed in Vicky I, money, techs and land transfers, loan of armies, etc.

O
[*]Civilize your country with various new reform paths to ultimately become equal to the western nations.
[*]Deeper political system with new national focus options and new types of reforms.

I am very excited about these two changes. However, I'm a little skeptical about the term "Deeper" political system. If all PI adds is new reforms, then that would "broaden" the political system, not deepen it. If new forms of government, like Westminsterism, Presidentialism, Unicameralism, Federalism etc were introduced, then I would say the system is deeper :)

I hope this will be more interesting than before...

Anyway, I don't care about the ACW, and I don't like the game to impose one historical event, juste because there are many american players, while they destroyed all the other events. ACW is a minor event of the XIXth century.

I'm very satisfied to hear about these improvements and additions. I don't care about ACW that much, but I understand that many do.

Most of all I'm happy to see that PI will keep improving V2!

A serious problem is that for the player, whichever party is in power or whichever king or dictator is ruling, the head of government is like Bismarck, mainly because the player has the foresight of history. All rulers were not so far-sighted, in fact, many of them were pleasure loving or corrupt or just purely inefficient. Although I know this is extremely tough to design, I feel this is a major issue in the game.

So if this is scripted then the wimpy ai want surender strait away?

What are you talking about?

Well in normal victoria 2 1.3 the usa white peace and then go to war with them shortly after the white peace sometime that can beat the csa sometimes they cant but it should not happen often considering the unions strength compared to the confederates.

Well in normal victoria 2 1.3 the usa white peace and then go to war with them shortly after the white peace sometime that can beat the csa sometimes they cant but it should not happen often considering the unions strength compared to the confederates.

In most of my games the US wins reasonably easy, I'd say about 80% of the time. Occasionally they lose but generally only if they have recently fought the UK. This won't be a scripted war though, I think it's fair to predict. Paradox have long since dropped that modeal.

My games played number maybe 15 but my luck must be off, never seen the US win the civil war or reconquer the CSA. A good chunk of that is never taking land, or very little, from Mexico.

Love the idea of investing in other nations infrastructure. Very realistic, at last my satellites can be true extensions of my empire. BTW I would suggest a discount for building in satellites and countries within the SOI. Oh and I hope very much that the problem with French over industrialisation is solved. I have not played the game since 1.3 as it is too annoying.

Any time someone complains about the lack of a big finish to the game (ie there's no WWI to act as a capstone to your politics), I feel compelled to roll out this discussion from a previous thread. Since there is an expansion in the offing, we might as well discuss the possibilities without rehashing the same old things.

LGT my post on the topic, but the whole thread is worth reading.

(The Devs might want to take a look as well, if the expansion is not feature complete. ;) )

Any time someone complains about the lack of a big finish to the game (ie there's no WWI to act as a capstone to your politics), I feel compelled to roll out this discussion from a previous thread. Since there is an expansion in the offing, we might as well discuss the possibilities without rehashing the same old things.

LGT my post on the topic, but the whole thread is worth reading.

(The Devs might want to take a look as well, if the expansion is not feature complete. ;) )

I don't really care about it as a capstone. I care because as a game-long warmonger, I really want to be able to shatter the UK and achieve the dream of driving Europeans out of Asia.

I know I probably won't get an answer, but anyway :p

Is there any ETA as to when we might get some new information? As in, say, after HoI3:FTM is released? (assuming the same development team will take over the V2:AHD project)