• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have really been very busy as of late, but worry not: I am still working on this, even though in a half-arsed way.
The update will come soon, I believe. :) Thanks for the comments, everyone.

October of 1944 in pictures!

emptyseimas2jpg.jpg

The election results of October 1944. Eurasianists secured most of the votes, yet not the absolute majority required to freely pass new laws in the Seimas (32 seats). The Christian democrats received 24 seats, almost twice more than in 1941. However, CDP's only chance to form a cabient would be a broad coalition between CDP, LNU and PP; something which was virtually impossible, given the differences between the factions. LNU lost most of the national support, ending third with 15 seats. The populists won 9 seats, and 5 seats were granted to the national minority representatives.

250pxberlingspeaking.jpg

Triumphant Zygmunt Berling of the EP holding a speech before loyal followers in Warsaw, October 3.

50623449.jpg

Stanislaw Mikolajczyk of the People's Party (right) signing a coalition treaty between Eurasianists and the Populists, October 5.

890771.jpg

Augustinas Voldemaras, head of the new LNU in shock after hearing the news about a EP-PP coalition. October 6.

479722232258c2d1f014.jpg

Karol Popiel (on the right) of the CDP discussing the election results with representatives of CDP, LNU, PP and the minority representatives. October 9.

borutapopiel.jpg

New Lithuanian foreign minister, Kazys Boruta, laying a wreath to honour the 69 dead in the riots that took place in Grodno, Commonwealth. On the front right bench, from left to right are PP's Stanislaw Mikolajczyk and CDP's Karol Popiel. October 16.

P.S. Once again, sorry for the delay and the wait! I am going abroad for a week to heal my strained nerves and will be back with some proper updates and storyline.

P.P.S. Bergioyn and Jape, I've counted your votes. :)

Hooray for the EP victory! It may not be an absolute one, but it can definitely become such soon enough!

Nice update, not the election result I've hoped for but it was quite sure LNU would get a beating. No problem for not updating for long, considering the circumstances ;) I hope you return in good health, enjoy the holiday! (is it a holiday? :D)

Tim

The coalition of EP-PP has 41 seats - so they don't even have the majority of votes in the Seimas. Or do the minorities' representatives count as included into their coalition, similarly to the situation of the contemporary Polish Sejm? This alliance between EP and PP seems shaky at best, especially considering the two parties' policies are almost contradictory.
I'm really curious how the situation will develop.
Have a nice time on your trip abroad!

Great victory for Eurasianists, this will probably strongly affect Lithuanian international policy.