• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How did Korea get in Japan's alliance???

Kaiserreich has so many events that I get swamped by them all.

I think it is great idea that you chosed to intervene in China. You realy made Lithuania interesting nation to play. Story is very creative, it isn't limited by storyline of KR and it isn't ''Lithuania world conquest''. It is just unique.

Invite Russian against Japan, make peace with Japan, status quo with the German Company re-established.
Then strike against Ruthenia and Ukraine. :cool:

to Kaisermuffin:
Allright, I'll think what I can do about it. And...faster? I update almost daily, jeez. :rolleyes:

to Asalto:
Thank you kindly. It's originality I tend to chase all the time.

to Austria Hungary:
In this timeline, liberals secured the Japanese government in 1937 and lobbied proclaming Korea independent, given that they join the Japanese military alliance. They then kept talking about more democracy and stuff, but ended up DOWing Qing China anyway.

to Enewald:
Yes, I guess that's what I'm going to do now. Russian war against Japanese and getting back Dalian, a.k.a Port Arthur, will be quite...original.

December 5th, 1939

The Russians have entered the war, following three days of long discussions.
Russian Prime Minister, Irakli Tseretely, joined the Mitteleuropeans in the Cologne discussion, and eventually the Cologne Treaty was signed by Germany and Russia, which successfully divided Far East between Russian and German spheres of influence.

chernovvolkonskycopy.jpg

Russian President Viktor Chernov and Prime Minister Irakli Tseretely, "solving" the question of land and peasantry. Syndicalist caricature, 1938.

The Cologne Treaty proposed a creation of an independent Chinese Republic, with German bases in Tyanshan, Taiwan and in the south on Hainan Island that would prevent any conflict in the region. Question of Western Chinese States (Yunnan and the Shangqing Tianguo) would be solved later on. The Russian-Mongolian alliance would receive the whole territory of Fengtien Republic and Transamur, dividing it according to their respective territorial claims. Korea would be made independent, with Russian military bases in Dalian nearby playing the same peacekeeping role as the Germans for China. Both countries agreed to guarantee international safety and prevention of syndicalist, nationalist or any other uprisings of the same kind. In addition, Russians would receive a small border region of White Ruthenia - Mogilev and Orsha Oblasts - provided that Mitteleuropa declared war on the country.

colognetreaty.jpg

Rough map of the Cologne Treaty.

General Sikorski arrived at the Chinese front, and at once called General Popeliucka for a meeting.

- What do you know about contemporary English poetry, General? - asked Sikorski.
- Barely anything, sir, apart from the fact they're Syndicalist and thus compose poems about work, equity and atheism.
- There's one English poet, who still writes well, General, and his name is Thomas Stearns Eliot. Following the British Revolution, he wrote a very interesting poem, called The Hollow Men. It spoke of the uncertainty that arose after the revolution...it complained on the emptiness of the modern world, even with Syndicalists praising hope and change. And, General, one of the lines is particularly suitable to the situation I was planning to discuss with you.

Between the Idea
And the Reality...
Falls the Shadow.
- General Sikorski read aloud in English.

- I'm afraid I don't speak English, sir. - replied Popeliucka.
- Oh? What a shame. Well, I'll rephrase it then, General...you have to drive your soldiers to Bejing earlier than the Russians.
- The RUSSIANS?!
- Yes, my friend, the Russians. They are starting their offensive on Transamur and Fengtien tomorrow. We've managed to provide them with a good offer, so we're sort of allies now. Who could have thought about it back in 1919, eh? - smiled Sikorski, patting Popeluicka on the shoulder.
- I...but...
- No, that doesn't mean we've invited them to Mitteleuropa, General, neither does it mean that we should close our eyes on what Russians have done to Europe over the centuries. Just accept our...cooperation as necessary reality,for now.

General Popeliucka take a look at the map again.
- But it's so far to Bejing...

Last edited:
Popeliucka is right, it will be a long and bloody road to reach Beijing.

is this war a kaiserreich event, or a custom event?
anyway i think you should give yourself claims for the pre 1772 commonwealth territory :D

i hope you won't stay forever in the alliance with the descendents of teutonic knights. grab what you can with their help before 1940 and when france DoWs them stab them in the back :D

To gooy:
That's a custom event. Making such an event in Kaiserreich would totally ruin the game for Japan, I guess.
As for 1772 territory...well, I prefer to stick to historically plausible outcomes in my AARs. World domination can be easily achieved with the magic words "acceptall", but as a veteran of roleplaying, I see no fun in that. Although, I do believe Lithuanian commonwealth will chip a piece off Ukraine in the future. We'll see. :D

Last edited:
lithuaniansoldiersofthe.jpg

By 1940, General Popeliucka's Corps was provided with Chinese bycicles produced in Canton. They further improved the mobility of Lithuanian soldier, a factor that would turn the tide in Mitteleuropa's favour.

January 26, 1940
Dear Marta!
Earlier this winter, General Sikorski decided to pay our Expeditional Corps a visit. He said some English poet called Ties Eliot wrote a poem about our tanks coming to Bejing. I'm sure we will reach Bejing, Marta, it's not as far away as I used to think.

january26.png

An exceptionally risky maneuver performed by Exp. Corps would later be analyzed thoroughly by the German Generalstab.

At the moment, we're trying to encircle a large Japanese army group, and, as usual, the Lithuanians are spearheading the operation. I'm starting to get a feeling that Germans are blatantly trying to get rid of us, sending us in the greatest heat time after time, but, on the other hand, it's not Germans the English poets write about.

There are about 8 Japanese divisions in the area we're trying to encircle, losing them might be the breaking point of this yellow wave.

March 18, 1940
Dear Marta!

I've got even more great news! We've wiped those Japanese out, and have just encircled a second portion of them bastards! That means, that if everything goes fine, they'll lose another seven divisions, and we'll finally get an upper hand. What's most symbolic, the encircled Japanese are hiding in Qingdao, the German enclave city they captured back in 1939.

march18.png

Yes! Seven more divisions to die alone and unloved. Even Japanese convoy supplies won't help them.

We've also had our tanks upgraded. They look like proper machinery now, I'm proud of my boys. The war will be over soon, I heard, now that those Russians and their Mongolian allies entered the fray, Japanese have one more front to worry about, and noone ever won a two-front war, except the Germans, of course.

vikerscardenloyd.jpg

Modernised Vickers tanks were now able to give Lithuanians sufficient fire support while taking down Japanese fortifications.

We're receiving some controversial information from the Northern front, Russians have made significant breakthroughs in Fengtien and are now close to Vladivostok, but Japanese counterattacked them in the Mongolian area, probably trying to force the country to switch sides. Again.

You know, I really wonder what will happen once this war is over, Marta. I guess we'll finally get down to cracking those White Ruthenian betrayers, and then there's Ukraine...I never thought Ukrainians would manage to keep being independent for long, I thought - I think - Germans supporting their independence was one of the worst mistakes during the Weltkrieg. And now that there are us, resurgent Russians and ever-expansionist Cossacks on their borders, they won't manage to hold on to their self-reliance.

I have seen a lot during the Asian War, and I have stories to tell both to you and my colleagues when I get back to Vilnius, but I'm still a soldier and will do anything my country wants me to. If history demands a General Popeluicka's Ukrainian campaign, there shall be one, and it will be as successful as this one, my dear Marta.

Yours,
General Popeliucka.

Last edited: