• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

erdem701

Corporal
69 Badges
Apr 25, 2018
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
When i play Japan or another country, even i try rush colonism almost before 1500 most place Spain and Portugal start colony illogical places, i go Alaska they come, Australia, many location how can easily colony there, even if i powerful i cant defend myself, they have high manpower indeed their subject powerful than me. After 1550-1600 they start ruin game

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Play with the Beyond the Cape Mod, it makes for much more historically feasible exploration and colonisation experience l, as well as having lots of other great features.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Cant you just build heavy ships and beat them in any war? They shouldn't be able to land armies if you dominate the seas, and you should be able to dominate the seas in 1500 as Japan.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Let me tell you a story from a recent campaign...

I was Japan, I was going for all the remaining Japanese achievements I didn't have. I colonised the Spice Islands. Spain kept DoWing me for those islands. Fun thing is that them and their colonies could never manage their navies or land on the designated province so it was an instant -25% warscore for them. Throw in some decisive naval battles for me by building loads of heavies and I swear to god, it was the easiest set of wars I'd had in EU4. I had no allies FYI, it actually made the war easier because they were never able to siege anything down.

My point is, invest in a good navy (heavy ships, get 100), keep up to date on Diplo Tech and in an absolutely rare case, maybe invest in Naval ideas although Quality may do you fine. You'll demolish them.

• 2Like
Reactions:
As others have said: beyond the cape. I'm playing a game and I am in the 1680's right now, and America is barely colonized. It is partly due to Portugal getting PU'd and integrated by Aragon, but even if Portugal had been there I doubt that it would have changed much. The game is almost exactly how colonization was in real life. It is just Beautiful.

• 2Like
Reactions:
As others have said: beyond the cape. I'm playing a game and I am in the 1680's right now, and America is barely colonized. It is partly due to Portugal getting PU'd and integrated by Aragon, but even if Portugal had been there I doubt that it would have changed much. The game is almost exactly how colonization was in real life. It is just Beautiful.
What about native giga federations?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Mamelukian Australia in 1550s says hello too

• 1Haha
Reactions: