• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, a very abrupt ending, but altogether a fun AAR. Made me laugh :D

Thank you.

You're welcome!
A most enjoyable ride :) I admit the conclusion seems a little abrupt, but overall that's a small blemish on what has otherwise been an entertaining experience.

...Though I really think you missed an opportunity by not tying the Ganlarev somehow to the origins of Pedro the Unwashed :p

Funny you should mention tying a Stellaris AAR to an old EU2 one (Pedro the Unwashed being from P is for Portugal), but anyone who has been around long enough to remember My Big Fat Gujarat might recall that that zany tale contained a very obvious Stellaris sub-plot. The Zloqtana of Aldebaran IV had a Stellaris-style Observation Post above Sol III , or Slob III as they called it, and their observation of the Sultans of Gujarat was far from passive. In the very last chapter they even seemed to be about to get their come-uppance from a Fallen Empire. All that written 12 years before Stellaris came out! In fact, I'm pretty sure Paradox pillaged that AAR for ideas when they were designing Stellaris, but I won't bother suing them for plagiarism since Stellaris is such a great game. :D

So I have been toying with doing a Stellaris AAR to tell the story from the Zloqtan side. Maybe some time...
Yes, a very abrupt ending, but altogether a fun AAR. Made me laugh :D

I do apologize for the abrupt ending. I felt quite bad about it, but as can be seen the end of the game was pretty quiet and there really wasn't much in the game that inspired me to write, so I just decided to get it out and finished off as quickly as possible.

As I said at the start, this was a bit of an experiment to see how easy it was to write a comedy Stellaris AAR, especially since I hadn't done any AAR for about seven years. My conclusion is that, yes, it's possible and fun, so no doubt I'll be back with another sooner or later.

As always, a huge thank you to all for reading and posting!

It's over already? :eek:

Well, it certainly was a most enjoyable ride, thanks for the fun!

I find the Domination victory often comes when I least expect it. I don't keep track of how many colonies I need and the victory condition counts as soon as the colony ship lands (and not when the colony is established).