• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here are some screenshots. National space programme became active as it meant to be, although it didn't give me NASA (not checked files yet). After researching the satellite tech, the numbered decision became active. Also, it was present from the start (1942 scenario), it just wasn't active.

p.s. Now I see, that in this situation there's no other option than failure :p

Would you do me a favor and, after getting an artificial satellite up, switch to a different country and see if you can get and trigger the same decision?

I think I'll try to work on a scenario to do along with this for testing purposes. Do you think the USSR's post war air doctrine should focus on Heavy target Destruction or infantry destruction? What about the USA's?

I don't save frequently, so I can't provide saves...

The national space agency events seems to trigger randomly for AI nations, both Spains had it during the civil war (they probably had much time to work on rockets...) while no major nations are having ones so far.

List of nations with space agency's in my game by 1942:
Republican Spain
Nationalist Spain
Iraq (seriously...)
Australia
Sweden

Also, requirement for ICBM doesn't appear in decision, so I had to check the event files reqs of the NSA event.

Would you do me a favor and, after getting an artificial satellite up, switch to a different country and see if you can get and trigger the same decision?

Will do.

UPDATE

Applied patch, continued saved game. I guess that's why I still miss NASA with the USA, but I managed to put the Explorer-1 in orbit.

Checked out the UK and some others, they have a couple of space-related TTs.

Continued with the USSR, took three tries, but Sputnik was launched in around 1956. I also got the decisions to help the Romanian and Mongolian SPs (LOL). Gagarin was sent up in late 58 without any events or decisions. I guess that's how it should work by now. Space stations and lunar techs are underway.

Last edited:
I've been doing a bit of working checking on things. It looks like the Space teams are now working. For instance, Argentinian spies have revealed that the USA unlocked NASA when it established a space prgram and is using this team to research artificial satellites.
argentinaspiesontheusa.jpg

I've also added a feature (which doesn't have the text implemented yet), where countries may announce the launch of their first satellite. Then every country in the world will get an event about the occasion. Countries will respond to this in one of three ways
  1. Countries that have already sent up a satellite congratulate the new power on making it into Outer Space
  2. Countries on good terms with the new Space power will be amazed by the Scientific Achievement and gain a slight relations bonus.
  3. Countries on lukewarm or bad terms with the new Space Power will feel threatened and suffer a loss in relations and a dissent hit.

explorerbadnewsforargentina.jpg
Argentina has lukewarm relations with the USA (under 100) and thus is alarmed to hear the news.

Unless if I messed this up somehow the latest version of the space_race events file should be attached here and available for you to download and try out.
General Fixes:
  1. Countries should only start their space programs once they get ICBM techs
  2. The USSR AI will now only assist the Space Programs of Countries that are actually its puppet
  3. Multiple countries can and will send up artificial Satellites now

Attachments

• space_race.txt
    124,1 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
But is 5% dissent a bit too high? I think it should depend on what kind of country (if possible). Like if the USA launches a sattelite and the USSR hasn't, I can imagine they are very upset because of Cold War and such (same for a few other countries). But smaller countries, although not on good terms, should get a lower dissent (+2-3% something like that). Only if possible though, I can imagine you want to have some sort of IC above / below certain level (say 60-80 or so) to have a good trigger.

The whole mod does look amazing, I hope it will be implemented soon :)

Tim

But is 5% dissent a bit too high? I think it should depend on what kind of country (if possible). Like if the USA launches a sattelite and the USSR hasn't, I can imagine they are very upset because of Cold War and such (same for a few other countries). But smaller countries, although not on good terms, should get a lower dissent (+2-3% something like that). Only if possible though, I can imagine you want to have some sort of IC above / below certain level (say 60-80 or so) to have a good trigger.

The whole mod does look amazing, I hope it will be implemented soon :)

Tim
Yeah and maybe having relations of below 100 is too low to trigger that particular response. I'll want need you guys help getting this all polished and balanced. :)

Update:

The base DH went a bit wierd way, SU had Bitter peace, and Germany countinued for Africa, and annexed Free France. Later she declared war to SU again, and pushed them back to Mongolia, then was halted and defeated in Africa, and USA landed in Europe, and after capturing most of Eu, annexed Germany. USA released a new Russian puppet, and didn't gave France back to the Fascist France.

Yet, more nations started to have early space agencies: France, Mongolia (earlier than SU...), SU (only a mediocore nation this time), Russia, Japan.

The only nations who waited peacefully until ICBM's were USA and UK, with UK being the first to research ICBM.

Now we are going to turn into 1957, thus beginning the space race (I was a bit impatient, so I'm already halfway to satelites).

The 1000 supplies isn't marked at the prereqs either, and I nearly went crazy because of it...

EDIT: I was impatient again, so started launching satelites late '56. Everything seems working, except the 1000 supplies didn't appear again... Everything seems fine for now.

EDIT2: France was second place with Asterix. Still no ICBM for them btw...
USA 3rd place, with both ICBM and Artificial Satelite.
SOV 4th place, no ICBM
UK 5th place, with ICBM and Satelite
Russia is researching Satelite.
JAP 7th place.

I checked the savegame, and France and Sov both have researched ICBM and AS. Either I missed them, or they are getting caught for cheating... Russia also successfully launched her satelite since then.

EDIT3: All nations that can announce her spaceflight has done already, I'm at 1957 dec. There might be minor nations that also reached space, but were left from my attention.

Last edited:
I apologise for my double post, my point was that NWO 2 is the exact mod that the maker of this mod needed to test the space race in a cold war scenario....

Thanks. We've actually talked a bit. I'm going to use a modified version of his 1953 scenario for these purposes once he's done with it. :)

A streamlined game from WWI through the Cold War would be a logistical nightmare, unless one strays down the middle and has a completely historic outcome all-the-way through.

I think they all have the potential to make it into the core game, but perhaps remaining as they are now (just scenarios).

A streamlined game from WWI through the Cold War would be a logistical nightmare, unless one strays down the middle and has a completely historic outcome all-the-way through.

I think they all have the potential to make it into the core game, but perhaps remaining as they are now (just scenarios).

the events and countries should at least exist so that incase their requirements are filled they can go off, i've been in a situation where the both german countries have existed, although the allied one was only the rhineland and part of france was a communist puppet.....

First off, I need some graphical assistance with the mod. Can anyone help with (a lot of) additional event/decision, tech team, and tech pics? If so, please contact me at danielshannon@gmail.com

Ghery, your input has been very helpful. I won't have anything new ready to test for about a week.

I'm doing a PC Game review this week for some much needed monies. That will diminish my time working on the mod somewhat, unfortunately. However it will also mean that I can exchange currency for much needed chemical energy. Maybe I will do something on Kickstarter to try and raise some money for this mod's development so 1. I don't have to do much additional non mod related work and 2. I can give some monetary compensation to people who help out with pics, events, etc.

My earlier plans for the next iteration of the mod are probably a little ambitious for next week since I plan on doing some bug fixing based on Ghery's feedback. I'm also giving some assistance to NWO 2 in exchange for Bizon's assistance with creating a 1950s scenario for testing the Space Race mod.

I'll do my best to get as much of these original plans plus bugfixes in an update for next week, but work will have to take first priority. I might only have a minor bugfix ready for next week. However, expect a few surprises along with some of the stuff mentioned here. :)

BTW Each of the countries that launched an artificial satellite of their own accord in real life
India (1980), Israel (1988), Russia(1992), Ukraine (1992), and Iran (2009)
will get an announcement event the next update.

So expect an Alpha 2.5 version for next week with Alpha .3 following shortly thereafter.

Plans for complete Alpha .3

1. Stay Away from CK2 lest it encompass my life and slow down mod progress
    Artificial Satellites Tech Related
  2. Figure out how to get the Artificial Satellite launch event working correctly for all nations.
  3. Add text to Decisions about announcing your first Satellite launch to the world.
  4. Add and Revise Events for global response to your first Satellite launch.
  5. Add Events for countries to have another nation launch artificial satellites for them.
  6. Add Events for first communications and weather satellites.
  7. Add Event for first object successfully returned from orbit (blueprint for early spy satellites)
  8. Add Event for Confirming the existence of the Van Allen Belt
  9. Add Event for the first operational navigation satellite
  10. Add Event for first commercially useful communications satellite
  11. Add Event for first geosynchronous satellite
  12. Add Event for first Space Probes
  13. Add Event for first Mars Probe
  14. Add Event for first Venus Probe
  15. Add Event for first successful flyby of Venus
  16. Add Event for first probe to hit another planet (Venus)
  17. Add Event for Orbiting Solar Observatory
    Manned Spaceflight Tech Related
  18. Add Decisions for launching animals into Space (providing blueprints for Manned Spaceflights)
  19. Add Event for Successfully returning an animal from Orbit
  20. Add Decision for putting the first Man in Space (Gagarin, Shepard, Glenn, Hartmann)
  21. Add Decision for putting first woman in Space (Tereshkova, Beate Uhse, Ringenberg, Sally Ride, Savitskaya)
    Race to the Moon Tech Related
  22. Add Event for first Spacewalk
  23. Add Event for first Lunar Flyby
  24. Add Event for first probe to impact the Moon
  25. Add Event for first images of the moon's far side
    Lunar Landing Tech Related
  26. Add Event for first automated landing on the Moon
  27. Add Event for first probe to orbit the Moon
  28. Add Event for first probe to map the Moon
  29. Add Event for first crewed mission to orbit the Moon
  30. Add Event for first successful crewed flight of a spacecraft capable of landing on the Moon (Apollo Lunar Module)
  31. Add Decisions for Lunar Landing
  32. Add Event for first Lunar Rover

I can't really help much with modding, but I do still have those German tech names you asked for waaay back. If you still need those it should be no problem sending them now.

Just a minor update on my progress thus far.
  • All nations that launched an artificial satellite with their own rocket (plus Germany and Nationalist China) now have special reaction events for their launches.
  • Working on text for each of those events
  • Israel now has an event to unlock their space tech team if they have icbms.
  • Special Event if you are the first to launch an artificial satellite.
  • 1000 supplies now marked in the AI prerequisites of Space Agency events so hopefully Gherry will go less crazy.
  • 18 new (not entirely Space related) tech teams added

I've also got several new techs in development. The code is written for most of these, but I haven't added them to the mod yet. Going to focus more on Space first.
  • 7 Education techs that Culminate in the so-called Cold War University (representing the Cold War era Military-Industrial-Academy Complex)
  • 3 (or possibly more) additional Computer techs culminating with Arpanet
  • 3 additional ICBM techs (if possible, I may just add range to existing model till I can figure out how to make a new model)
  • 3 additional Nuclear Techs
  • Indeterminate amount of Additional Air cavalry techs (may just boost the stats until I can figure out how to add new models)
  • Indeterminate amount of Additional SAM techs

I have a review due later this week, but then I'll get back to it and have an alpha.3 for you all. :)