- Nov 22, 2002
Several months back I put my Space Race mod on hold because of work, trouble with coding, and various personal issues. However, things have changed. First, I’ve recently been laid off, and thus have more time for modding. Second, I’ve received multiple messages from several people who want this project to see the light of day, including Fernando Torres. Finally, the latest patch is out, and it has added a few commands that may make editing things a tad easier on me.
Unfortunately, there have been some setbacks. I lost a lot of the original files. Thankfully, I still have the pics (which is good as there were like 100+ of them). I also have a lot of notes that I’ve made for the project. I’m using that to get this stuff remade asap.
The rest of this post will be reserved for download links, occasional updates on the general progress of the mod, as well as lists of what help I currently need with the mod.
Download the latest alpha (.2.5): http://www.mediafire.com/?46afwknh8bb9u4l
- Artificial Satellite launch event working (correctly?) for all nations
- All nations that launched an artificial satellite with their own rocket (plus Germany and Nationalist China) now have special reaction events for their launches.
- 1000 supplies now marked in the AI prerequisites of Space Agency events, so hopefully Gherry will go less crazy.
- Israel now has an event to unlock their space tech team if they have icbms.
- 18 New Tech Teams Added
Stuff that would help me out a lot
- Does anyone know how to edit AI files, and would be willing to help with that? I want to make sure that certain AI countries will actually research these techs.
- Can someone help with the creation of some sort of Space Race specific Victory Screen (which wouldn’t include any alliances). My goal is to get this mod implemented in the base game and maybe convince Martin to add a code that will allow me to fire off the victory screen once you’ve made it to the moon (as a “minor” country) or to Mars as one of the big 3 Space powers (USA, GER, USSR).
- Is anyone willing to help with additional tech team and event pictures as needed?