Soviets not building any new units or anything else in scenario 1942

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Crispin

Major
43 Badges
Apr 12, 2007
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Knights of Honor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
When the soviet ai finishes with their starting production line, they never put anything into production. I first noticed this in my 1942 Japan game about 6 months ago, and I just tested it again today to see if it was a one game off, but it happened again.

Why would this be? Is there an ai file I can check and see what's up and why they do this?

Answered by the great Nick3210 in another thread:

The problem was solved when I fixed this setting in the Misc, I set it to 0.80 instead of vanilla' 0.25:

# Do not start producing any new units when more then THIS percentage of the total IC is needed to supply existing units (0.0 to 1.0; 1.0 = 100%, disabled). Enabling this will encourage AI to build more IC when this ratio is exceeded.
0.80 #0.25 #1.0

So things are working and it's just the corralation between total number of units and the IC of the Soviets that makes the AI not build anymore troops at that moment.

• 1Like
Reactions:

The problem was solved when I fixed this setting in the Misc, I set it to 0.80 instead of vanilla' 0.25:

# Do not start producing any new units when more then THIS percentage of the total IC is needed to supply existing units (0.0 to 1.0; 1.0 = 100%, disabled). Enabling this will encourage AI to build more IC when this ratio is exceeded.
0.80 #0.25 #1.0

So things are working and it's just the corralation between total number of units and the IC of the Soviets that makes the AI not build anymore troops at that moment.
Where is this "misc?" Would it be recommended to change it for each scenario or is the misc going to affect general ai behavior across the game?

0.80 #0.25 #1.0

I wonder if this is the reason why the AI Soviet Union gets steamrolled by AI Germany in every All-In-One game and the mods based on it, such as TGC. I must look into this.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can find the file in - mods - darkest hour full(or whatever mod you are using) - db - misc.txt.

The soviets in 1942 have something like 450 land units so in that regard it seems balanced enough, although they could probably do with more air and naval units. It seems to be a general behavior for the ai for all darkest hour full. I have no idea how the balance or how the game would look like by changing the numbers.

I might try to up it a bit in my next 1942 Japan game. Please let us know if you notice any difference Pasha.

You can find the file in - mods - darkest hour full(or whatever mod you are using) - db - misc.txt.

The soviets in 1942 have something like 450 land units so in that regard it seems balanced enough, although they could probably do with more air and naval units. It seems to be a general behavior for the ai for all darkest hour full. I have no idea how the balance or how the game would look like by changing the numbers.

I might try to up it a bit in my next 1942 Japan game. Please let us know if you notice any difference Pasha.
I'll definitely test it. I've seen reports for the 1914 campaign in which people pointed out that Imperial Russia wasn't building any new units either.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: