• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well, now talking seriously, we need a way to stop easy conquering of South America...
An example of new parameters that we havein the AI are:

Code:
[COLOR=white]protect = {
	#Central America
	UCA NIC COS GUA HON ELS CUB DOM HAI 
	#South America
	VNZ CLM ECU PEU BOL CHL ARG BRZ URU PRG
}
befriend = {
	ENG FRA
}
combat = {
	CSA
}[/COLOR]
easy to understand, right?
so, what do you suggest, from an historical point of view and gamebalancing also, this should look like for all south american countries?

Originally posted by Generalisimo
well, now talking seriously, we need a way to stop easy conquering of South America...
An example of new parameters that we havein the AI are:

Code:
[COLOR=white]protect = {
	#Central America
	UCA NIC COS GUA HON ELS CUB DOM HAI 
	#South America
	VNZ CLM ECU PEU BOL CHL ARG BRZ URU PRG
}
befriend = {
	ENG FRA
}
combat = {
	CSA
}[/COLOR]
easy to understand, right?
so, what do you suggest, from an historical point of view and gamebalancing also, this should look like for all south american countries?

As for the matter of Paraguay War, the AI of Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay should have target provinces in common, to coordinate the attack, right and Befriend and Protect arguments, right?

The others arguments are like HoI?

How to you manage HoI and Vicky?

Originally posted by pimparel
As for the matter of Paraguay War, the AI of Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay should have target provinces in common, to coordinate the attack, right and Befriend and Protect arguments, right?

The others arguments are like HoI?

How to you manage HoI and Vicky?
yes, i was thinking adding that to the AI... but only for that part... because if someone attacks Brazil later, why Argentina will go to save it?... but, maybe it is good for gamebalancing? or not?

Also, we need to help the others, like Venezuela, Colombia, etc...

About the target provinces, they are only for sea invasions... not posible for Paraguay... :D

In the Paraguay case, maybe somebody could script an event, triggering the war and, once is over, dividing some provinces between the winners (Arg and Brz that is:D )

On the other hand, I don't think any country outside the continent was interested in protecting nor invading South America in the early XIX th century, it's too far away and invadig it would have resulted in a Vietnam kind of conflict...

Of course, this should change with the time but I don't know if you can change the AI as the time goes by...

Originally posted by elbasto
I don't know if you can change the AI as the time goes by...
At least in EU2 it is possible. For example, on the EEP, various ottoman sultans have their own AI file, which is triggered by AI-only events when they raise to power.

It may also be possible with Victoria, I think. So, it is possible to change the Ai as the time goes by.

Originally posted by elbasto
In the Paraguay case, maybe somebody could script an event, triggering the war and, once is over, dividing some provinces between the winners (Arg and Brz that is:D )

On the other hand, I don't think any country outside the continent was interested in protecting nor invading South America in the early XIX th century, it's too far away and invadig it would have resulted in a Vietnam kind of conflict...

Of course, this should change with the time but I don't know if you can change the AI as the time goes by...
an AI controled Prussia will not invade Argentina... but a player controlled will surelly do it to get their resources... that's why i want to create this "protect" things... if not, the player has the road open to do what he wants in South America... recreating the Colonial Time (specially the spanish ones will love to do that ;) ).

but...

But Generalisimo, we all know that latin america was a total mess in the XIX c., don't we?

If you want to make this "protection" please hel us vs the texans and americans and we will take care of the european invasors as we did against the french :p :D

Re: but...

Originally posted by MXTiger
But Generalisimo, we all know that latin america was a total mess in the XIX c., don't we?
Not only on the XIX century, my friend...:D

Monroe Doctrine.....

elbasto said:
On the other hand, I don't think any country outside the continent was interested in protecting nor invading South America in the early XIX th century, it's too far away and invading it would have resulted in a Vietnam kind of conflict...
Spain did try (former colonies after all), you know better, but in 1836, was over

Britain somehow protected independance of new Republics some time (nothing personal, a customer is something sacred :D ) then USA

continent ? America or South America ? USA considered AmericaS as their PRIVATE turf and make this VERY clear

they wouldn't have meddled with old world, Africa included (Liberia and backing King of Belgians Congo were special humanitarian cases), but would not tolerate European intervention in Western Hemisphere

nobody tried, except France who tried (not very smartly) in Mexico to create "for their own good" a latin authoritarian (is it anything better :rolleyes: ) counterweight to the neighbouring anglo saxon republic, and this while USA had their hands busy with secession war.

after surrender of Confederation, Union made clear that it was high time to pack up and go, else they could even speed up the process themselves

"friendly advice" was followed..especially as "benevolent" well intended imposed FOREIGN rule had encountered VERY disappointing strong hostile reactions (killing one's emperor was clear sign of rejection) of local population and then the usual guerilla/counter guerilla / atrocities mess..wasn't a good idea after all, Louis Napoleon was painfully surprised :rofl: ...reminds me of something more contemporary :(

in the end of Era, USA frequently intervened in Central America (Haiti, Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico (plus Cuba and Porto Rico ousting Spaniards after American-Spanish war),

in one opportunity, Venezuela failing to repay his debt, Italy, Germany, Britain and USA (countries having granted the loans) sent gunboats and cruisers to "motivate "em - was considered as usual normal practice then - if they don't pay, you're entitled to invade, seize and repay yourself :wacko:

then USA made very clear to others that they intended to solve the problem alone, threatening war - US post mahan fleet was third in the world then Brits had other uses for their fleet (namely France Germany and Russia according to policy) and Germans (more or less likewise) and Italians were no match - USA took care (alone) of ensuring repayment then :D

Revolter & Brazil AI

I am having two problems with my AI's in the military portion of it.

1) With my revolter AI, I would like that they go for their claim, and dug in and stay in that way. I can't make that way. They go for their claim, and go on to their doom.

2) With BRZ, I would like to garrison a province N, NE and the capital, however, they garrison all frontiers, even the amazonian and don't garrison the province especified.

I think that I am having problems with the parameter ranges.

Code:
# AI for U00 Rio-Grandense Republic in Farrapos War
# written by Pimparel as for 1.02

max_front_ratio = 3
max_garrison_prop = 0.6
min_garrison_prop = 0.4
war = 20 
neutrality = 25
ferocity = yes

protect = { }
befriend = {
	ARG = 100
	URU = 100
	POR = 25
}

admiral = {
	target = {
		2662 = 1000 #Laga dos Patos
		2439 = 500 #Baia Paranagua
		}
	}

invasion = {
    base = 2.0
    random = 1.0
    coastal = 3.0
    beach = 3.0
    distance = 0.5
    pocket = 2.0
    island = 1.5
    enemy = 10.0
    adjacentenemy = 5.0
	}

front = {
	recklessness = 1
	enemy_reinf_days = 5
	reserve_prop = 0.30
	panic_ratio_vs_ai = 1
	panic_ratio_vs_human = 0.75
	base_attack_odds = 1.75
	min_attack_odds = 1.5
	max_attack_odds = 4.0
	reinforce_odds = 0.75
	withdraw_odds = 0.50
        distrib_vs_ai = reactive 
        distrib_vs_human = reactive 
	   }

garrison = {
	capital = 150
	human_border = 100
	war_target = 150
	claim_threat = 150
	militancy_multiplier = 2.0
	country_priorities = {
		BRZ = 150
		}
	war_zone_odds = 2
	home_multiplier = 1.0
	overseas_multiplier = 0.30
	area_multiplier = {
		2664 = 1.0 #Porto-Alegre
		}
	}

...(snip)...

peace = {
	quiet_factor = 0.05
	ferocity = 10
}

Code:
# AI for BRZ Brazil at Farrapos War

max_front_ratio = 4
max_garrison_prop = 0.3
min_garrison_prop = 0.2
neutrality = 50
war = 50
ferocity = yes 

protect = { URU }
befriend = { ARG }
combat = { U00 }

admiral = { 
	target = { 
		2440 = 200 #Coast of Rio de Janeiro
		2662 = 200 #Lagga dos Patos
		2618 = 10  #Rio de la Prata
		2143 = 50  #Baia de São José
		2098 = 50  #Baie d'Oyopack
		}
	}

invasion = {
	base = 2.0	
	random = 1.0	
	coastal = 3.0
	beach = 3.0
	distance = 0.5
	pocket = 2.0
	island = 1.5
	enemy = 10.0
	adjacentenemy = 5.0
	}

front = { 
	recklessness = 1
	enemy_reinf_days = 7
        reserve_prop = 0.30
        panic_ratio_vs_ai = 1
        panic_ratio_vs_human = 0.75
        base_attack_odds = 2.0
        min_attack_odds = 1.5
        max_attack_odds = 5.0 
        reinforce_odds = 1.0
        withdraw_odds = 0.25
        distrib_vs_ai = reactive
        distrib_vs_human = reactive
        enemy_handicap = { }
	}

garrison = { 
	capital = 125
        human_border = 100
        war_target = 150
        claim_threat = 125
        militancy_multiplier = 4
	country_priorities = { 
		U00 = 150
		ARG = 75   
		PRG = 75
		}
    	war_zone_odds = 3
	home_multiplier = 1.0
	overseas_multiplier = 0.30
	province_priorities = {
		2108 = 100 #Manaus
		2140 = 100 #Natal
		2455 = 100 #Sao Paulo
		}
	}

...(snip)...

peace = {
	quiet_factor = 0.005
	ferocity = 2500.000
}

Generalisimo said:
the country priorities are too high...
also, remember that all the other parameters are too high... you better low them a bit if you want to make them only look at your provinces specified. ;)
This is during a war? or peace?

It's war time, one against the other. My doubt is which number is high and which is low? 100 is default? 0 is default?

If 0 is default? the others are parametrical in relation with each other? So 100 to capital and 50 to another province. Whats the final. If 3 divisions are in game 2 would be in capital and the other in the other province?

As I said I know the commands, what I don't know is the parameters, how they react to a 100 or to a 10.

But I my test with lower parameters.

Almost giving-up!!!

My AI, goes for one of their claim, win. And doesn't go for the second claim, they dug in, even if they have 3-1 odds. Why? One division even goes cross-country from here to there!

Code:
# AI for U00 Rio-Grandense Republic in Farrapos War

max_front_ratio = 3
max_garrison_prop = 0.3
min_garrison_prop = 0.2
war = 20 
neutrality = 50
ferocity = yes

protect = { }
befriend = { 
	ARG = 50
	ENG = 75
	URU = 25
	}
combat = { BRZ = 100 }

admiral = {
	target = {
		2662 = 200 #Laga dos Patos
		2439 = 50 #Baia Paranagua
		}
	}

invasion = {
    base = 2.0
    random = 1.0
    coastal = 3.0
    beach = 3.0
    distance = 0.5
    pocket = 2.0
    island = 1.5
    enemy = 10.0
    adjacentenemy = 5.0
	}

front = {
	recklessness = 1
	enemy_reinf_days = 5
	reserve_prop = 0.1
	panic_ratio_vs_ai = 1
	panic_ratio_vs_human = 1
	base_attack_odds = 1.2
	min_attack_odds = 1.0
	max_attack_odds = 3.0
	reinforce_odds = 0.8
	withdraw_odds = 0.5
        distrib_vs_ai = defensive 
        distrib_vs_human = defensive 
	   }

garrison = {
	capital = 10
	war_target = 100
	claim_threat = 150
	militancy_multiplier = 1.0
	country_priorities = {
		BRZ = 100
		}
	war_zone_odds = 1.0
	home_multiplier = 1.0
	overseas_multiplier = 0.1
	}

military = {
	relative_build_scheme = yes
	desired_army_size = -1
	desired_navy_size = -1
	mob_inf_perc = 25

Please help!!!

well, it is not an easy task to make an AI do what you want it to do ... :D
I will try to take a look at it before this weekend...
I suggest you take a look at this:
# NOTE(!): In practice, "reactive" is the most defensive and slow of the schemes. The other two are more offensive, despite the name.

# Countries we do not counter-attack for a certain number of days.
# NOTE: These values are ignored for human-controlled enemies.
# CAUTION: Values apply for _every_new_ war with a set nation.
# EXAMPLE:
enemy_handicap = {
ENG = 100
FRA = 120
}

;)

Generalisimo said:
well, it is not an easy task to make an AI do what you want it to do ... :D
I will try to take a look at it before this weekend...
I suggest you take a look at this:
;)

Thanks, but I had a breakthrough this weekend, I tweeked the OOB and 'cheated' in one event, revamped the garrison numbers.