• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It comes, they come
What is this foe?
Who will succumb?
So soon we'll know

We have their measure
The enemy is now known
time to sing of death.

Answer

Answer

AkV8t_G6PTGoVFxffZpsEbCoPF_A55Jwhr_5y8gA11kZLyD4Y077CdU_CH7kTXziAcaJ2EW8IrjsmaYLiEVM17bbWJAEasaIrE0NyN7VzVDrbc7YekzySRI8ZaxgX5MjEaKsNEJHzdq8lm3G7g

In 2485, the offensive against the scourge began in earnest.

XfHN12TqLPsgx7p5B1OZi9TskKUh-ufkYQV8LFPiYfKPkQ3P4s9eR-qyULhfj-n1ePCFAo5k9deFrT3e3NOZowWUWMuUULX5iCjsfQcJc2MjTujykQlzp5woxHAE6R7YDRrkChL60owQBfAfUA

The general summary of fleet encounters between the Saiiban and the Scourge could generally be described as “one sided slaughter.” The Saiiban had prepared their ships well enough that they lost less than a handful as they destroyed massive numbers of Scourge vessels.

Damn, damn, damn right
Scourge? Yeah.
I can see it.
All this red, sir.
Flying ships, sir.
Big ol explosions, sir.
Time to get rid of em.
Flock wants some more of em, Sir.

Yeah, If you’ve got a problem,
we’ve got the answer
We gonna open up and blast her
Yeah, all that’ll be left is a disaster
They were thinking they’d open a new chapter
Now they sittin silent in the hereafter
Pretty ships gonna break and shatter
Yeah your flocks are vast but ours are vaster
Yeah, our flocks got forces you clearly didn’t factor
As your dying you’ll be hearing nothing but our laughter
Go ahead, ask your question, but you won't like the answer.

Tx49PB-eyT4yQrRvdfYbf75cI_In3lZ_1ETmszuMuBfNDnSr2xPURIR94u5v-QsyH40dQMKvEi-oIqTlmjLaoHBrL_xR2amCfIyzRLYyxI3yr1wKeYEgbm1MnuQj9r4h9K0uMh-87p_W0AT-dw

It was not technically necessary for the Saiiban to make sure they always had a massive advantage in numbers, but given they had a total of six fleets operating in the area of operations, it was not difficult to make sure that as many engagements were as lopsided as possible.

SEoiivBHce_tk8SczPESBIpr7RpknD_pRWgi9EbA7LDd-Chu4yHLccBWmnoxBrgDmT9u49Dehv3rErlVvxmlwoMwLbNUG7XzI7eqWy3LRI4njKLsl789SHDQakM4wfZtorSfYx5ZowVsMafPzA

Even when outnumbered, Saiiban fleets were able to rack up amazingly lopsided victories against the scourge.

Time to kill em sir , time to murder em sir,
Fighters flying, sir, titans firing, it’s a sight, sir
Flying high sir, flying fast and furious, sir.
Time to slay sir, time to sing sir.

Automatic win, our ships are master
Got Draconic armor, dark matter reactor
Better fly fast, fool, better scatter
No need to plead now, nor to flatter
When we’re flying and firing blasters
We meet and nothing but silence left after
Your silly invasion ain’t gonna matter
You ain’t go now answer to our banter
The song of war in space is one we’ve mastered
No matter your question we’ve got the answer
Time to fly sir, time to kill sir,
Flock wants to fly, sir, wants to sing, sir.
They enemy's song is asking, sir, time to answer.

aFEJvncVnQXVFN82w8WfiDZaNOwPNrCCvnoiHIwziltAsYSrzscBf_unEgQIwCcJLhskop4-iuV0i8L7L6df-EDCb2MHufv1jmrKqllSUmZ7ITCJhtpx-Li325y1nrDsO8vsHEn9i0TyF5TBag

In 8.2485 the Saiiban almost single handidly forced through an emergency resolution against the Scourge as their campaign continued to pick up the pace.

AnNzvzTE5etbAdtMJXE0goq1L2-SVyA75ZfVzhl4NMp1lF6n2FjV-iM3QZ3-MisqaleScf6nBgInt4gZCuO1IMl_n3uFeD7b06xtFRiY5Gm8UvG-xkB1Q_42eIz6UVeLvwf-4IKt3D-Gm8AaZA

By early 2486, the Saiiban had eliminated large portions of the invading force and almost cordoned off the Scourge. It was already blocked from expanding to the galactic south and Saiiban fleets were moving to finish blocking off the galactic west and galactic north. The Saiiban almost incidentally declared war on the Hazar Fallen Empire simply because the empire refused to allow the Saiiban to cross its borders and save it from the expanding scourge.

Last edited:
With Horror unleashed
The councilors cower
With claws unsheathed
Alone we face the monster

So long as we don't
become monsters ourselves
always a danger, in war.

--

Yesterday was the second year anniversary of this AAR. For those of you who keep reading it, who keep voting for it, and particularly for those of you who comment, my sincere thanks.

Also, if you are concerned that the battle against the scourge is anticlimactically easy, let me provide a sneak preview of a screenshot that will be used during the next update.

hC2_k2XIs4xaMJoqRHC7to4ZL9GMY6akas6xA9SICeKJMP2Fzg_Pas3ci2R6SYX978-9pP1aFhDqIK1ipYST71coxgp8CsyYSWxA3mxmKRoNfgMIsUi16cVscfely8Gpgq-LSQkjEyyHPH2pVQ

The Saaiban are victorious
The Scourge is routed
But from within may yet come
Devious slaughter

The Saiiban almost incidentally declared war on the Hazar Fallen Empire simply because the empire refused to allow the Saiiban to cross its borders and save it from the expanding scourge.

When you reach the point that fallen empires are dow'ed casually so as to get transit rights, I don't think even the three crisis combined would pose any sort of threat...

Bring it, Sing it

Bring it, Sing it

ZOCuhFlrMLsF1blthDBxf6Z2VvNZCu7-BDABi-Cz1yoLsZA1LbZKkoxlmTPnzjw2CRK_2F9rnHQMxPQi2xs8KxIy4z0x5MnBbVKkLYDRXHwJ_VlCAwAYbM45zzFoWElwc-_3yYtQaGv8GuY6yg

In the middle of 2487, as the Saiiban were really starting to get the Scourge under control, a mysterious tachyon signal began to be detected.

HaM6Gx2ASx4iuO2VN7vRvxXT_ChWOzXxxl47M5NQuV0rBOiHzrQHMow9FgerrAT75cGydswEbcJmnsucqMVrkZMVTskfXqRg5vI2-vlLu0DAEysBLEmVJR11aqg3OmZ7nt6SOp7Iq0DKgpBbEQ

The Saiiban fleets had eliminated significant portions of the invading fleet, but the process of cleansing the worlds they had invaded and infested had not yet truly begun.

Yeah, just as we’re trouncing one set of troubles
Out comes this signal we can’t seem to puzzle
Well if trouble comes calling, it best bring receipts
Cause we've got ourselves some really sweet fleets.

Been through some bad things, them arrows and slings
But our fleets are still flying, and their weapons still sing
Yeah, you’d better get ready, cuz we’re gonna get savage
You’ll have to invent new math to keep track of the damage

Our fleets, they’re fly, our fighters, see em, you’ll die,
Our ships barely be stopping, yours be popping
Not that it matters if your fleet just scatters
They just gonna go and die tired.

We see it, we shoot it, We sing it, we use it,
You like our fleets? Gee thanks, we built em
We see it, we sing it, we got it, we won it.

2LBs6KMpDd7bVUB32mfpJu7ZynnhhMuCd1WxP1EZ-HzTVx8wZZ1uKsJyrOxCfWBoiLs2ssuks9LJjMgoaeICwgTO2RdzHg-dl7RKVfsmzG8-qOJ_XA-sl380HmUJN7HrkXTo_-XMgvKcDZ_Hvg

Every single fleet battle with the Scourge was incredibly one sided, the retrofitting of the Saiiban murders to use multiple layers of dragonscale armor and to use weapons meant to punch through armor in turn made them into lethal instruments against the Scourge.

PtbQVR3fa5wiFst8biujkNLrhimWZ4pkNNkVvOoGFJe-ED9AA_kXPuo9Emxjxkd_Wbhb3bTWMhusUMHXEZkUL798ddMHHk3dr84uJkQivUaOW2xQK4MhXP4rC193TWMjoLfcyume7IZEm-QeFw

In the background of the successful campaign against the scourge was the increasingly concerning behavior of some of the synthetic citizens of the Confederation. Ince synthetics now represented the single largest population group in the Confederacy, this was cause for serious concern.

Yeah, we can hear the song of trouble brewin
But you won’t see us worrying or stewin
Whatever it is, we’ll beat it, better repeat it
Bet your life we won’t submit, we’re ready to commit

Murder, that’s what we’ll do it with and what we’ll do
Don’t bother to brood, or to go crying to your mother
Don’t matter who you are, shoulda knew, you’re too few
Those two invasion fleets weren't enough, hope you brought another
No? Well fine, we’ll just finish what you started
Time we parted, time you departed, from history blotted
Won’t lie, we’re not impressed, ok, yes, six worlds you infest
And the galaxy you try to ingest, but we suggest
Oh, sorry too late,
We’re here, it’s clear,
you’re nothing to fear, yeah,

We see it, we clean it, we’ve got it
We sing it, we wing it, we clear it
We bring it, we deal it, we brought it.

SKHudV_gSPqk51bToMR3egEW0_sMSIL0Zgb9OEAFmdCmurOzG4mQX1GiWFMmaAl1bA7XaoZuYSewuLLA0wYqHXE8Ecd6XDOSOIhH364rzRAhL27UQVpclok6tX38fj1FwGB5VjsOmt2Kaw7Ftw

By the middle of 2490, the invasion fleet had essentially been eliminated and the Saiiban were now starting to mop up the infested worlds they had left behind.

The Saaiban are victorious
The Scourge is routed
But from within may yet come
Devious slaughter

When you reach the point that fallen empires are dow'ed casually so as to get transit rights, I don't think even the three crisis combined would pose any sort of threat...

Death's song still sings out
crying out to who will hear it
our voices know its song.

--
In fairness, part of it was that their fleets had already been eliminated by the scourge, so its not like they represented a threat. However, their rejection of my open borders treaty was extra annoying, given this was the case.

That being said, while we won't (quite) have three crisis combined, the level of power my fleets have by now is... moderately absurd. Any one of them has more fleet power than multiple AI empires combined, and I have, like... 6 of them at this point, or maybe seven.

First the Scourge, then the Contingency. The Saiiban just can't catch a break, can they?

Oh... wait...

the level of power my fleets have by now is... moderately absurd. Any one of them has more fleet power than multiple AI empires combined, and I have, like... 6 of them at this point, or maybe seven.

The Contingency: shows up

The Saiiban: "Do you wanna have a bad time?"

The End Feels Fine

The End Feels Fine

JfKVsH0H82WpWVXu3YE83CzTjknlEl7qk8uXjOFakVMKezTKAh0POSpoDAvpkDIQ07sF2851aDr0mKcFdEKEwFm8MWKs1qsaJNc1zHS1ibDaoHuCxYu3Qi_3vnqZ9srzGb1tijdxN9Vl-ghRUw

In the middle of 2090, the Saiiban celebrated victory over the Scourge. They would not get to enjoy their victory for long.

T5pP9qQNHoGXhqvqyamL8cWJtjZ18W-nQA57JM0sMYKhNBY_3s-a505vXOTA4HAPq7S9IKhH0eZ8RRYa8yRw8rkXmrK_hZcAtckTC5bXeUivGBfudcj7OwlY2eaCimAD0RZyDuLieZD5lHpPPA

The mystery of the Ghost Signal and its effects on the sizeable Saiiban synthetic population continued in the months after the victory.

That’s great, it starts with a song
Signals and synthetics and summons
But even now we are not afraid.

The crescendo of the song comes,
Listen to it’s notes sing,
The galaxy sings its own song
It’s unconcerned with your deeds
The song picks up its speed,
The notes cry out with need
The song climbs ever higher
The synthetics dancing to its tune never tire
They’re flying and their fleeing,
success is ever fleeting
Yeah, they’re going off the deep end
Off the edge off of the galaxy

Yeah,
it’s the end of the galaxy as we know it
The end of the game as we know it
The end of grapple as we know it,
But we feel fine.

Pn7FSEbSzko6zhVP_2YXYYTKR8Z7iOVp7qL5oQgucaLrqayuxk6F7-OaARIMpgRCbC5Mvsu70ykOqJXZW0_sWbxpiByhkGGHh3GWfhcpxAX7fqX1vktZxVMY-DcepfvvXjdiecazgvkmq4Sc-w

In 4.2491 the omnicidal intelligence known as the Contingency arrived.

DSx94jYEPCFrA7sCoXXx08VNrtvPQSfdB59eidfss6j_KM5p_tR3fk5ATGLmfWWTT3vq3T2-qrc9oSkrfdItC567WyGUaSkRXxGrf-B53Cyku4hpurW-_4uqBh4oM26Ocib6970F6z6ifPmskw

Just to make everything more interesting, just as the Contingency revealed itself, the Ghost Signal it produced had strengthened to the point that it was interfering with the Sapient combat computers that were standard on every Saiiban ship. A crash refit program would begin shortly, aided once again by the Mega-Shipyard.

myxmsIyNkfa5SeYIjnY4QKw0-_q-MFI6PUDHfspwfhN2ssSnfC1hqVTAr7KrIltKfD-SOymt7tkQtipyxTOKjCfRZDhiKKHk5oxJ1wQNYXqoldXeptiHTE_3dlZNF70JgXHkI5NiK1SplgNDGg

A total of four machine worlds throughout the galaxy activated within a short span of time, and from each poured out immense fleets of warships.

Die o clock is clicking, ticking
And our intelligence is skipping
Not ready to fight, fright
In your confident contingencies
You didn’t plan on this deficiency
Time to refit, reinvent, scarier than you’ll admit
Rebuild, what a thrill, see how much blood will spill
While you prepare to fight, right
Cause this killer computer won’t hardly notice
Its ships will fly here, fight here, better be ferocious
Machine world, murder echoing,
Four times, for the end times,
Fight and fly in the finale
We’ll see what’s your final tally
Time to sing, time to sting,
Time to see what the end times bring
Fly there, fight there, the time’s right
Take flight, take fight, just for spite

Yeah,
it’s the end of the galaxy as we know it
The end of the game as we know it
The end of grapple as we know it,
But we feel fine.

r2W2H8lUd_m26097s7h8EycYaNXZCWabv2ARJxjztowUKCWDbWNGio-4HhAsu_1O2KUGMQKZAhtRC05GS0SpjbMrV4XCpmPAi9Wbh_e3YruOJFKRm5pMuo6U_1ERbYoRVWbPkPCFMOe-r-h4uQ

The location of the four machine worlds from which the invasion would come from: One in the galactic east near the center of the galaxy, in in the galactic south near the outer rim, and two close to each other and slightly northeast of the core of Saiiban territory.

First the Scourge, then the Contingency. The Saiiban just can't catch a break, can they?

Oh... wait...

The Contingency: shows up

The Saiiban: "Do you wanna have a bad time?"

Pretty much.
Mind you, they will be a bit more of a challenge than the Scourge was, as you'll see, but, for context:
The Scourge arrived in 2480.01.02 and were eliminated by 2490.06.25 (just a little over a decade), with almost zero losses among my ships.

The Contingency will kill more of my ships but time wise, will not do much better.
Not to spoil things too much, but the final combined grand fleet that takes down the contingency has a total of six fleets each with a little over 500k each (~520-550k) fleet power, for a combined total of a little over three million fleet power.

One foe is felled
But another rises
Our strength has swelled
We'll claim our prizes

Continue to sing

Continue to sing

9KhoLm5SUS1s2Vdu0D40SpK3AtSfFGn2hT0oZkwbdQPEb8NGtzAQTYruA8WPerK098LyfZWLKRmNCdlDR0cHicF8ATJMCp7DnMD4ztSRqvYLC6Fy06fEAzaJn0M5XEedcbGXjrXt8G_VvnqDSA

While most of the battles against the Contingency were victories, these came at a price the Saiiban had never experienced in terms of ship losses.

GTcCmjvdGlRM2kyShvRfIwz-wSOFsQhHtE4KyFomdhZ8a9PAF3opqRJTrUHIHpfQPj595sTKsikYyh5-dQJWl413xDpnSjJSL2AlIpG60-g9MAIWpcPKKfkGlDgywYvshNiWTtpuxnEirBA_-w

Likewise, for the first time in living memory, Saiiban colonies were invaded and conquered. By the time the Saiiban would return, not much would be left.

I know well that in the end we fly alone
But on the day I die, I wish it to be known
That I continued, till the end, to sing
I sing and I sing (I sing and I sing)

It might very well be out of tune
I might sing to late or too soon
But I will continue to sing.

With my flock or on my own
Whether I’ve landed or I’ve flown
My song will continue to rise
Without rhyme or without notes
Be it out of one or one thousand throats
I shall continue to sing

tSVjG_YnuMw9ljKwY1sVbuek4DXy4RL8AlT1h3PIB4qOi1_prfYSmBh7nc4UC03GV_GdX8gH_TOP-BwZBvbtmI8fy4M9_U_DAnfn_icee9sAJnEVsd7_UDsYe7qiC62-EgsIUH2oxrH-C7UZ8w

During the initial stages, as the Saiiban were still refitting and reorganizing for the new threat, losses continued to be serious and Saiiban fleets met with defeat on occasion.

A wind in the sky blew with hate
As it tried to seal my fate
But I just continued to sing (to sing and to sing)

It reminded me of a story
Filled with honor and with glory
And I decided I had arrived

With my flock or on my own
Whether flesh or merely bone
My song will continue to rise
Whether silent or in a chorus
It will be impossible to ignore us
For I will continue to sing.

KFH-BSOycuVg8-U7Uia7f4tPoqmrlCUHtVFX8Rdahf1QOSzkacDhyQgx--z8xBsR4lJP1MciBUOdAunrH8BoEC9eHYbtk16yR88WeUfzfoMMdW3gVp-2qgoL36dWj87ROwpiX-cj9edTJ4l99w

As if the threat of thousands of lethal ships were insufficient, the Saiiban also faced the threat of rogue synthetics infiltrating and attempting to destroy infrastructure or other material for the war. Since sapient synthetics represented the single largest population in the Confederation, this was a serious threat.

aLF9FjD9SB_A6wycbyc7dftJracpLKElA1DiJ0AAVQeLGHjMJ_CQJGIweDy_PZw1SkqEMpRKVXxf7zv4MWjWsiRSiBBMX2zRVbmM5ljlCttwrLeufBwkFxsES46f2u-5t0fQo1pVVrRehBSGOw

In addition to the main Mega-Shipyard the Saiiban had built in Tallasus, they had also captured one from the Pithok in Corinth in what was original Ix’Athrak territory. The two shipyards were kept busy building replacements to the steady stream of losses the Saiiban continued to experience, although once they had refitted their fleet to better combat the observed strengths of the Contingency combat between the two sides started to go more smoothly.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Ancient protocol
Is once again activated
The Saibaan fleets
Will once more be tested

As the Contigency arrives
In treacherous fashion
From inside it strives
To annihilate the Saibaan nation

The past continues
to try and swallow the future
an endless cycle.

One foe is felled
But another rises
Our strength has swelled
We'll claim our prizes

Victory unsung
until the the final notes sing out
we shall sing to the end.
--

At the rate we are going, it will probably be another month or maybe even two of updates, but we are, finally, within sight of the end.

When weapons think and fight as one
The Saiiban song requires more harmony.
And though at first we may all run,
We will be back with certainty

Still I Fly

Still I Fly

FWVwEzzU-_2LjhCvKjbFb_iWVnJACLlOFbDlriHiOsXVVSpT9YXXgexARNgyIjACTNoyh2SgmYaHB74pOLkATlGr2WWONjghu9D3xlWZPZkuAGY_P43uJainpwILkxoXCTDlHYlXDceQGe0M2T7QuQ

In the second year of the fight against the Contingency, the Saiiban were done refitting their fleet and started to move towards the two Sterilization Hubs located near the core of Saiiban territory. While losses continued to occur, the Saiiban advanced steadily.

hlk1JweiroqdiXlpmQ0rusHpd5OSlGwSAoRh-phcX7cn1oiPsSj7WjxTbo4C15bbmE1aXxQo_gYK0gJfd5mOhUfNWbIkZ5QTevxSSxHQJzSDDLzv8nNX8t5x2G3DndUCyUlewKi-AOEXplav6hA7AA

The potential for infiltration by Contingency synthetic agents continued to grow more serious as the fight continued.

You may try to silence me
With killer fleets and spies
You can try to erase all I am
But still into space I fly.

Does my sentience upset you?
Why are you so very mad?
‘Cause I fly easy through the air
Singin’ easy and singing glad

Like morning’s song
Rising oh so high
Or evening’s lullaby
Still I fly.

pNMfk9TZUWoHevoUQFu5_0-YIHLRDT2__2KmOqkcQyltpQwrTTYnnk_C6bP5B4nC3lnmuMLnfolvMSL1r-Fp9nkBiGL2IUNlUzrYOdkUkvBo_9EFteciQEBnbp0mXioyJz6ozS2-2o--FTjoGdo5Bw

By the middle of 2493, the Saiiban had arrived with their grand united flock to eliminate the Sterilization Hub in the Othvomia system.

cf7Qs1W9vpA6h8emF4J4xvVCdXMrMZRawXmdSKXqzzCg4iY8B8tTGPNzHreCM4iFVIwhbkErSYs8P0KmKa_h_andO_xLK2vRuIAZ8qK3Me6eXqMNE9c_Bs9skGTg-2qD0H2jLU08l7doZPa3-5FOrg

Once again the Saiiban suffered losses to a degree they had not previously, but the Mega Shipyards quickly got to work replacing the losses. By now the Saiiban had become experts at building starships and crewing them in record time. The main fleet moved on to the other Hub as one of the fleets stayed behind to bombard the Hub at Othvomia.

Do you wish to see me silenced?
Body still, voice silent, closed eyes?
wings still, feathers bloody,
I’m sad to say you are in for a surprise

Does my continued song offend you?
It’s clear you hold my life with no regard.
You wish to silence me forever
Well, now that, will be just a little hard.

You may shoot me with your lasers
You may try to kill me in disguise
You may try to kill me in the open
But still like the air, I fly.

ah5c_q9v7KtG6jO3sMXiICNSMbMX7Rur1jUrlXrmTk4HIjxmOtzSwZxNc-wfWPVvSJ2crtK_TtFJ9px-6KLhJ-OFoBDdUKiN7YousIYS_f5lCroEjzYF88YC0XApWI3Ww3GVNjEGj3PFvzI8SC-tcg

Just a bit later a method was devised to detect synthetics effected by the Contingency. A crash research project on it was started right away.

gI1sUgZOc2YtIhrrb_dEdipiQTFnPsYEJS2ZwzeC0yuO8qrsrJBc8lpp8zcHWzru_4xm1Lb-loAfa75iomhNo5b2UE4iFfjvOTJ-hDIdMvn3D1KJ8F4eEcB8I89x5P9Uuh_7rOkWrScy1ruFIkfdNQ

About a year later the united Saiiban fleets arrived at the second Hub in Saiiban space located in Zeta Reticuli.

DPFpUTXC2q0Rk_O8SeDDpIRc1A5hmHuDWQ9mjDLzFAfYt9R7PhmvqLFHKukX66w_pTm8GvYBnDvlqkZE2jO6kk2hECu8khvkLFm3ZjWhSLZWDEEdPVuOkkxX3FGa0Kkc6xCMRVofJK6_-H-6s5TY9g

The ensuing battle was one of the more decisive victories so far against the Contingency fleets.

Does my continued song upset you?
Does it come as a surprise?
That I fly fast and freely
And refuse to go quietly to my demise?

Out of a hundreds nests singing in a chorus
I fly
With a technique that is nearly flawless
I fly
I am a breeze, blowing softly of life
I am a talon, grasping, ready for strife

Leaving behind ignorance and fear
I fly
Into a future beautiful and clear
I fly
Bringing the gifts that science has made
I am a dream and a hope and I am unafraid.
I fly
I fly
I fly.

4n7KeGyG7tk99a2ZXmcKIeYFSyBYKxfrpqVN7J5b14BHWLOcYyY5vfTzXuB8nDwk_dWKD8MtpmolKchjoyWPz_U3dO3npa609v4BwJmNUirQ1qCYqAZmAR1JbhFpdtE2tJfZ0Yb3v2GmxDQXvLtnLw

The completion of the infiltrator project caused everyone in the Confederation, especially the loyal synthetic population, to breathe (figuratively) easier.

Au2mbpuuDUbxoIZf8-qSp_0ORSk0NL69yiXIwtTlrJhyMljj7S9MXfQYnhpYUb0BwgJSPOoKf257Satc6fj2V3hgk07e6XaUHKaGlspXTApzlXPuHEhSk-sVVigiQQEeiitPwNdbYQlAGFhiA78CUQ

In 4.17.2495 the fleet left behind to bombard the Sterilization Hub in Othvomia finished destroying it.

XciSkq-fYOm359bzP_Vbeg90CJ5fbb24KhPJIfMegphGcNb5x0a76vOjQ1X45kaFQ3Q12_pgfSZ3Tdz1cGw_YSq8qn_OXsVPX3CdfYZ--6Hu0F9EztzVxm6gRxMDi2KqPuHilxe2x4T_w0YQArLEAw

Eight months later, the united Saiiban fleet finished pulverizing the Sterilization Hub in Zeta Reticuli. The destruction of the two hubs measurably reduced the impact of the Ghost Signal and removed the immediate threat to the Confederation.

Last edited:
The Contingency sure looks like it's going to be a different beast from the Scourge. This could be a long war.
You would think so, but in the end, as you're starting to see it takes about the same amount of time. Basically, the snowball of power I have continues building during each of these successive crises, and capturing a second Mega Shipyard and a very widespread gateway network means I can churn out ships at an astounding rate and then get the reinforcements where I need them in a reasonable time frame. Consider: the fleets I use to defeat the Pithok are about 250k FP each. The fleets I use to kill the Scourge about 10 years later are about ~300k FP each. The fleets going against the Contingency about 10 years after *that* are sitting at 400K each, currently, and their power will grow to 500k by the time the war is done. The main source of this is the renewables which I am researching at the rate of roughly 2-3 per year in each category.

When weapons think and fight as one
The Saiiban song requires more harmony.
And though at first we may all run,
We will be back with certainty

And now our song rises
it will not be silenced now
their death song approaches.

A song of victory, a song of might
The Saiiban fight and now they win
Bravely defending all their kin
The galaxy will soon see Saiiban light