• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Edit: Africa sounds great too. Draka anybody?
Well I did suggest to Dragoon the idea of the Khitian monarchy being exiled to South Africa or China back in EU4 and rebuilding their empire from there. In fact, that idea that work well with the storyline we came up with about an exiled monarchy fighting a Republic in a civil war between Rupublicans, Monarchists, Fascists and Communists in HOI4.

Edit: I also think Ancient Egypt or one ot the succesor states of Alexnader the Great's Empire would also make for a good kingdom to play as going off the idea we threw around in EU4 of a mega-campaign spanning from Imperator to Stellaris. Carthage would also be good choice I think for an African mega-campaign.

Last edited:
Well I did suggest to Dragoon the idea of the Khitian monarchy being exiled to South Africa or China back in EU4 and rebuilding their empire from there. In fact, that idea that work well with the storyline we came up with about an exiled monarchy fighting a Republic in a civil war between Rupublicans, Monarchists, Fascists and Communists in HOI4.

Edit: I also think Ancient Egypt or one ot the succesor states of Alexnader the Great's Empire would also make for a good kingdom to play as going off the idea we threw around in EU4 of a mega-campaign spanning from Imperator to Stellaris. Carthage would also be good choice I think for an African mega-campaign.
Personally, I think Egypt is overrated for AARs. Carthage or Etruria would be much better choices. If Dragoon's up for a challenge, he could also consider a Germanic tribe. Maybe the ancestors of the Annionas?

Keep in mind that at the time of Imperator, Ancient Egypt would be one of the Diadochi states, being ruled by the Ptolemies.

A Greco-Egyptian run could be interesting, but the only concern I have pertaining to adding Imperator to megacampaigns is the giant gap between the end of Imperator and the beginning of CK2. In that gap (in our history at least), the Roman Empire rose and fell, the Germanic, Slavic, and Altaic tribes migrated across Europe (Eurasia in the case of the steppe nomads), and two major religions, Christianity and Islam, rose to prominence from nothing. I think there would need to be another game set between Imperator and CK2 to fill in the gap, or at the very least mods for each game. We already have When the World Stopped Making Sense for CK2, so the mod for Imperator could just extend the timeline up to the late 300s/early 400s. I think someone's even working on a Crisis of the Third Century submod for WTWSMS, so you might even be able to get away with a mod that only extends Imperator's timeline up to 235, something which is probably easily doable in and of itself.

Keep in mind that at the time of Imperator, Ancient Egypt would be one of the Diadochi states, being ruled by the Ptolemies.

A Greco-Egyptian run could be interesting, but the only concern I have pertaining to adding Imperator to megacampaigns is the giant gap between the end of Imperator and the beginning of CK2. In that gap (in our history at least), the Roman Empire rose and fell, the Germanic, Slavic, and Altaic tribes migrated across Europe (Eurasia in the case of the steppe nomads), and two major religions, Christianity and Islam, rose to prominence from nothing. I think there would need to be another game set between Imperator and CK2 to fill in the gap, or at the very least mods for each game. We already have When the World Stopped Making Sense for CK2, so the mod for Imperator could just extend the timeline up to the late 300s/early 400s. I think someone's even working on a Crisis of the Third Century submod for WTWSMS, so you might even be able to get away with a mod that only extends Imperator's timeline up to 235, something which is probably easily doable in and of itself.
Well, that's what the When the World Stopped Making Sense mod is for.

We actually covered this discussion about the time gap between Imperator and WTWSMS in EU4 the last time we brought up deas for a mega-campaign. I think Dragoon brought the idea of a few interludes at the end of Imperator like the ones at the end of the Anninoverse HOI4 to cover the gap, These are the discussions I found regarding the Imperator-Stellaris megacampaign.
Speaking of which maybe after this mega campaign you could do a mega campaign starting at Imperator Rome and take out Rome with a major nation Rome historically conquered like : Boi,Carthage,Etruria or Macedonia or play as Rome itself and blob like mad but have a few problems that would undermine the empire in the end. You start the campaign and consolidate your power in your region and then you do some different stuff if you're Boi you have to unify the Gallic tribes under your banner before conquering anything else, for Macedonia you have to get all of Alexander's empire back under the fold before going after anything else, for Rome you have to conquer all the territory in their real life peak before conquering anything else and for Carthage you have to deal with Rome before going anywhere else (because we know what happened in real life) and the goals should be having an empire that spans from Ireland to the Indus valley, Have your capital be a metropolis by the end of the game by having the most pops and the best buildings you can put on it that suits its purpose,(if you don't start as one) Become a monarchy and stay one and be the dominant power on the Silk road. Some rules would be: console commands to keep the A.I sensible, keep some corruption around for role playing purposes, Balkanization when converting to CK2 with the WTWSMS mod (obviously) and the CK2 section you must abandon your old Pagan faith and adopt a monotheistic faith your choices are: Chalcedonian Christianity or something it branches off into and should have Orthodox mechanics as well as 10% cheaper stability and +1 tolerance of the true faith in EU4, Sol Invictus which would use the Holy fury astrology mechanic in CK2 and In EU4 the Hinduism mechanic but instead of patron gods it's called a horoscope but it fills the same niche as well as 10% more fort defense and tolerance of the true faith, The Mirathic cult which give extra diplomacy in CK2 and in EU4 can spread the faith through trade like Islam and it uses the pre-COC expansion piety mechanic as well as 10% extra trade power and 10% more navy morale, The worm cult which would be a reference Annionaverse and it would condemn sun worship as they believe that the sun imprisons the worm and it should promote Alchemy because of an apocalypse myth that predicts that the world would be purged in fire which they must prepare for because it states that the faithful would go to mars in exile and recolonize Earth as Immortals destined to rule the heavens and purge the unworthy non-human sentients (basically the Stellaris portion of the Anniona mega-campaign) so not only should they get +1 learning but members of the hermetic society should get +30 opinion with the worm cult as well as having the worm emperor as a secular religious head and unique events in EU4 but if you do pick Sol Invictus you can always have them as the satanists for every religion and remove the hermetic society as they should be able to get the Hermetic events (as well as no human sacrifice or human sacrifice missions which would be replaced by the assassination of people who follow Sol Invictus) and in EU4 they get 15% more research speed and 10% missionary strength and a Holy Empire government type which is locked at emperor and the ruler is a God-Emperor or God-Emperess and Maybe you should have the surviving half of the Empire being the western half and have some Khitan clans migrate into the Eastern half and one Khitan Mercenary is curbing the last bits of the Eastern half and there's one enclave of your eastern empire hanging on like an Egyptian governor of your culture group declaring himself pharaoh of Egypt as well as the Angles,Jutes and Saxons are migrating into Britain while King Arthur fills the Power vacuum you left by abandoning Britain as well as a Civil war being fought between the ruling dynasty from the end of IR and the Karlings (as an excuse to put Kill all the Karlings on your to-do list again) on who rules the empire then the Aztecs invade soon after you reunite your empire and in EU4 after imploding instead of colonialism you have to conquer your stuff back and assert dominance over the other great powers and in Vic2 you just have to hold a decentralized empire together then in HOI4 you have to deal with nationalism from foreign culture within your domain either holding on to the empire of old or reforming into a federation that can weather a cold war and 21st tensions where you can reform by 2050 and go into stellaris with the primitive players mod with the world as your oyster and the galaxy ripe for the picking.
That's all well and good, but Imperator ends centuries before the start of WTWSMS.

Other than that, some parts of it seem interesting, but other parts seem a bit railroaded. I'm also a bit confused about the bit about the Worm cult; obviously it's a nice reference to the Annionaverse, but how would these people know about the Worm or the exile to Mars?

One last thing; there doesn't need to be an "excuse" to kill all the Karlings, that should simply come naturally.
I know it sounds a bit railroaded on paper but corruption isn't a hard thing to have on some or most of the characters by the end of the game that and having some disloyal generals would be easy for Dragoon to pull of whilst blobbing all over and he doesn't have to follow this to the letter he could have a few tricks up his sleeve and for the east falling to the Khitan would be a reference to this mega campaign but he could have the west fall instead it's up to him and I know Imperator Rome ends before WTWSMS starts but he could do what he did with the Annionaverse with the transition from HOI4 to Stellaris by making an Epilogue for Imperator following the Empire to it's conversion and a prologue to WTWSMS with the Division of the empire and the Khitan migrations because it would be cool to have the Eastern half of the Empire centered in Babylon fall to Khitan invaders and no Islam but Instead a Faith similar to Islam based in West Africa
Sorry about the Delay, I moved cross country in the last week, Had an update planned before, but life intervened so its here now. Though I;ve been working on a little side AAR that will make up for lost time that I plan to release very soon.

Think Client states like occitania was. Members of the Holy Roman Empire, but seperate Kingdoms as well. Whereas Bohemia and Italy were merged with the central government.

I generally dont plot that far out ahead, I tend to find that makes thing a bit more boring when I know whats going to happen. Take Stellaris for example, I've done it about 4 seperate times, and thanks to Utopia and a few incredible mods its been different every time. One Run had me forming a federation only for Space Fascists to take over and start purging all the xenos unfortunate enough to immigrate into the empire. Then there was that time we all turned into robots..

The default state of Karling is death, It is our duty as paradoxians to always ensure they return to such a state

I mean I won several brownie points awards, so maybe but so have lots of mega campaigns (including yours) :p I think the only AAR people like to reference by name is Cook's Crown Atomic, for obvious reasons. everyone else gets a scavenger hunt :p

Oh I will certainly do a megacampaign with Imperator. Its too juicy to pass up. Hell i've been waiting to do one with WTWSMS for a while now as well but ive been waiting on the mods ability to allow modern recognizable cultures to form out of it. I imagine its really hard for alot of people coming into this AAR to figure out whats going on what with Cathay being in France. Thankfully Bohemia, Italy and Scandinavia are recognizable names for other powers in europe so that probably helps.
I think someone even made a poll for what playable nation Dragoon should play as in EU4, through I don't think many people did the poll.

I personally think Dragoon should move towards a mega-campaign with Imperator more gradually, starting with a megacampagin with WTWSMS fiirst and later one with a Crises of the Thrid century mode before he does Imperator.

Last edited:
We actually covered this discussion about the time gap between Imperator and WTWSMS in EU4 the last time we brought up deas for a mega-campaign. I think Dragoon brought the idea of a few interludes at the end of Imperator like the ones at the end of the Anninoverse HOI4 to cover the gap, These are the discussions I found regarding the Imperator-Stellaris megacampaign.

I think someone even made a poll for what playable nation Dragoon should play as in EU4, through I don't think many people did the poll.

I personally think Dragoon should move towards a mega-campaign with Imperator more gradually, starting with a megacampagin with WTWSMS fiirst and later one with a Crises of the Thrid century mode before he does Imperator.
That was me and the poll was for the Imperator Rome of said mega campaign but I can do a new poll after this one and I had the same Idea

Prelude Part 4: One Thousand Towers
Prelude Part 4: One Thousand Towers
mnifHwV.png

While Consul Petrovic's Campaign was waged in the Adriatic the North African Front was reaching its Final Chapter. The City of Tunis, capital of the Kingdom of North Africa and Tunisia had been taken by General Lorenzo Stephanopoulos forcing the remaining Tunisian army to Lake Sciott Gerid while peace talks were begun.

In the North the Persians and Scandinavians unwilling to call it quits prepared to renew attacks Upon Riga to force the Khitan armies in Eastern Europe North and away from Prague. Meanwhile a campaign by Khitan reserve forces and some of the Bohemian Army was being undertaken to seize Jutland from Scandinavia and secure the Kiel Canal.

80d509d17fe201859122561402526843.jpg

(Petrovik's March into Bohemia 1825)
Petroviks plan was simple with layers of complexity, as was common for the Consul. Two Armies, would advance North through the Alpine foothills and North into Bohemia. The Westernmost army would attack in force at Vienna forcing Italian and Bohemian armies within the vicinity to believe that Petrovik's push was going to be for the Southern Danube crossings before an Italian Campaign. Meanwhile Petrovik's eastern army would cross the Danube in friendly territory and then march into Bohemia through Slovakia.

Battle-of-Vienna-8.jpg

At Vienna Petrovik's trusted second in Command, General Stelios Tassos laid siege to Vienna's powerful fortifications and intentionally undermanned his outriders so word would escape the city of his Arrival. Extra Tents, Campfires and Horses were provided to the army to make it appear far larger than it was.

The Response from Italy was to March North to Relieve Vienna, and for the Bohemian Army of Germany to march south into Bavaria with intent to march alongside the Northern Danube and relieve the city.

43363.jpg

(Battle of Prague 1825)
By the time the Bohemian Army command had received words of a far larger army crossing over the Slovakian Provincial Border it was too late, The Italians and the Army of Germany were both out to field and would be unable to relieve in time. Instead Reinforcements needed to arrive from Poland and Fast.

To prevent the city from being at risk the Bohemian Imperial Guard Regiments as well as several army divisions met Petrovik in Moravia in a fighting retreat to slow the Consul down. This tactic found some success even buying enough time for a Fully army from Poland to return though ultimately when Petrovik reached Prague and forced the Bohemians to choose between a siege and a field battle there was little option but to engage outside the city walls and attempt to save the capital.

339768.png

Victorious outside Prague, Consul Petrovik set the city aflame. The News of the Defeat and Destruction of Prague had devastated the Entire Absolutist Coalition and had Fractured it. Emperor Wenceslaus II prepared to sue for Peace with Petrovik while other members of the alliance quickly hurried troops out of Bohemia for fear of Encirclement, namely Khitan troops in Lithuania who left a winning series of battles in Riga.
signing-of-the-treaty-of-ghent-1812.jpg

(Treaty of Pest 1826)
The Hellenic Demands to Bohemia were Harsh but reasonable beyond many expectations. Bohemia itself would lose only the Crimea, Viborg and its control over Holstien and Avaria. The Crimean demands would be reconstructed as Client States of Greece and Persia. The True demands however were those of Bohemia's allies.

The Italians for a Start would be required to return Southern Greece to the Republic. The King of Italy would be forced to abdicate much of his power to an Elected Office based in Rome and several islands and other reparations would be paid to the Republic.

Tunisia Meanwhile would be completly split into spheres of Hellenic and Mali Influence, with the Southern side of the Pillars of Hercules ceded to Mali wholesale. Gibraltar would be given instead to the Hellenic Republic. Granada would also be forced to pay reparations.

Again Cathay, the Demands would be mostly Colonial in Nature. To pay the Scandinavians and Persians off Cathay's holdings in India, and Africa were demanded as part of the peace treaty. The Khitan Ambassador responded to the Demands by simply walking out of the Peace conference.

Bohemia, however with its capital taken and feeling alone against the Might of Persia and the Hellenic Republic agreed, forcing an Italian and Tunisian Surrender as well. The Granadan and Portuguese Delegations however also refused to sign anything and walked out.

While Consul Petrovik was happy with the demands gained, Effectively several Client states, Defacto Control over Italy and Eastern Europe the Persians and Scandinavians who received little gains of their own with the Khitan refusal placed Pressure for a continuation war against Cathay. Regardless the Second Continental War was over, The Hellenic Republic had found itself victorious again to the sounds of Cheering and celebration in Athens and Constantinople that would continue for almost a month.

Petrovik would stall for over a year on the promised continuation war claiming that the Army needed time to rebuild, resupply and reposition in Italy for a continuation war though ultimately Threats from the Persian Embassy of Persia's imminent departure from the Alliance would force the Consul's hand.

Suvorov_crossing_the_alps.jpg

Petrovik would Declare war on the Khitan Empire and cross the Alps in the winter of 1829. Moral was high throughout the Hellenic Republic and the Entire Republican League in General. The Hasty declaration would bring problems however.

The Kingdom of Granada and Portugal declared their own intent to side with the Khitan, as well as Occitania and Ireland. But the Greeks now had the armies of an effective puppet government in Italy alongside them, and Bohemia's neutrality.

But Arthur II had his own cards to play. The Khitan army was numerous, Well trained and Legendary the world over. It has the largest economic in the world and of course a vast colonial empire from which to pull additional manpower and treasure to fight off invasion. Further greek Troops had never before set food on Khitan Soil, and the Greatest Empire in the world was not about to go down without a fight.

Inspecting_the_Troops_at_Boulogne%2C_15_August_1804.png

Just as Quickly as the Second Continental War had ended, The Third one was about to Begin.

Last edited:
Every revolution has its high-water mark. I wonder if the Greeks are about to find theirs.

Sorry about the Delay, been a bit busy but were Back, and the Narrative Prologue should be finished in another 2-3 parts so stay tuned.

Also in case anyone is curious how I'm determining how these offscreen wars go, Every update I roll a D20 and then apply a plot modifier to pull it towards how the conversion in victoria Looks. Bohemia Rolled a 1 This week. ;)

A showdown between Central and Southern Europe something so very rarely seen. It promises to be epic though.

This is all moving towards a titanic clash.

Its going to get really bloody before the End, don't worry.

The city of St. Wenceslaus shall never fall to the Republican scourge. Prague must hold. Let the blood of traitors turn the Voltava red. Let us barricade the Charles Bridge(probably called something else TTL b/c butterflies) with the corpses of those who would defile our sacred city. Let every inch of the city from Šarka Valley to the hill of Libuse be bristling with cannons to blast any Republican fool enough to set foot in the city to the hell he so richly deserves. Constantine Petrovic is not the first arrogant fool to test the resolve of the Czechs. Let him not be the last.

Totally out of character, but not to be presumptuous: it would be pretty cool if the next mega campaign was based in Asia or Africa. Would make a nice change of pace.

Prague has Fallen, But the Great Dragon of Cathay is not so easy to slay as a two tailed lion.

Technically, the Khitans are based on Asia. Dragoon, if you really want a change of pace, do a Native American run.;)

Edit: Africa sounds great too. Draka anybody?

Africa is a Possibility, Though I'll point out on short list right now is Prussia into Russia and Norse India as my favorites. A Native American Campaign might be fun too, though How I run that in Ck2 will be, difficult.

As for the Khitan Monarchy being exiled, well stay tuned, it may happen it may not. As I said with Imperial Hearts way back when, there was a contingency for the Annionas to exile to California and reclaim the homeland from there. It never came to pass.

Personally, I think Egypt is overrated for AARs. Carthage or Etruria would be much better choices. If Dragoon's up for a challenge, he could also consider a Germanic tribe. Maybe the ancestors of the Annionas?

So the trick is WTWSMS has to have mechanics implemented to make it so Dark Age cultures can evolve into ones more easily recognizable or theres going to be a bit of work. Thats not to say no, Imperator is a firm yes provided I can get it to convert to ck2 properly. I'm of a firm stance that any true 'Mega' Campaign has to include all the Paradox titles provided they fit. Except for March of the Eagles, we don't talk about March of the Eagles.

I personally think Dragoon should move towards a mega-campaign with Imperator more gradually, starting with a megacampaign with WTWSMS first and later one with a Crises of the Third century mode before he does Imperator.

Interludes are exactly how I would have to handle it. What I'm thinking in the back of my Head is using the new Shattered world feature in Ck2 as a base, and then building a worldstate based on the Imperator ending from that. Saves me a TON of modding work. Since from what I understand You can customize/rename/build religions cultures and stuff right there ingame, which would be a godsent.

Sorry about the Delay, been a bit busy but were Back, and the Narrative Prologue should be finished in another 2-3 parts so stay tuned.

Also in case anyone is curious how I'm determining how these offscreen wars go, Every update I roll a D20 and then apply a plot modifier to pull it towards how the conversion in victoria Looks. Bohemia Rolled a 1 This week. ;)

Its going to get really bloody before the End, don't worry.

Prague has Fallen, But the Great Dragon of Cathay is not so easy to slay as a two tailed lion.

Africa is a Possibility, Though I'll point out on short list right now is Prussia into Russia and Norse India as my favorites. A Native American Campaign might be fun too, though How I run that in Ck2 will be, difficult.

As for the Khitan Monarchy being exiled, well stay tuned, it may happen it may not. As I said with Imperial Hearts way back when, there was a contingency for the Annionas to exile to California and reclaim the homeland from there. It never came to pass.

So the trick is WTWSMS has to have mechanics implemented to make it so Dark Age cultures can evolve into ones more easily recognizable or theres going to be a bit of work. Thats not to say no, Imperator is a firm yes provided I can get it to convert to ck2 properly. I'm of a firm stance that any true 'Mega' Campaign has to include all the Paradox titles provided they fit. Except for March of the Eagles, we don't talk about March of the Eagles.

Interludes are exactly how I would have to handle it. What I'm thinking in the back of my Head is using the new Shattered world feature in Ck2 as a base, and then building a worldstate based on the Imperator ending from that. Saves me a TON of modding work. Since from what I understand You can customize/rename/build religions cultures and stuff right there ingame, which would be a godsent.
I wouldn't count on that but you can try it and see how you like it, i guess

Oh, Hellenic Republic... You did so well. You showed the world the glory of the revolution, how you could be real power in the coming era. Striking at Cathay directing though? Now you're gonna get your teeth knocked out.

This will surely be the end of Petrovic...

Ah, yes, the bane of all revolutionary movements. Plot armor.:D

Yeah, I think Dragoon really did drop the ball with this latest Napoleonic Wars stuff. I mean, him having Napoleon crown himself Emperor was clearly pandering to Monarchists so that whoever won monarchy would still be dominant. And he had him grab the idiot ball really hard towards the end. First he invades Spain, then he invades Russia, and then he doesn't commit the Guard at Borodino for literally no reason? This is totally out of character for the strategic genius! Really, it's clear he wants the Reaction to win against all logic.

Yeah, I think Dragoon really did drop the ball with this latest Napoleonic Wars stuff. I mean, him having Napoleon crown himself Emperor was clearly pandering to Monarchists so that whoever won monarchy would still be dominant. And he had him grab the idiot ball really hard towards the end. First he invades Spain, then he invades Russia, and then he doesn't commit the Guard at Borodino for literally no reason? This is totally out of character for the strategic genius! Really, it's clear he wants the Reaction to win against all logic.
Probably as not to play some Xenophile Democratic plebeians in Stellaris, I guess.
Also, that Persia is a monster. By the love of Zun it must be destroyed.

Prelude Part 5: Man, Moment, Machine
Prelude Part 5: Man Moment Machine
DllCT9a.png

The Third Continental War was a war that had to be won swiftly or simply not fought by most accounts. With Italy effectively a Greek Puppet the Recovery of Bohemia and the Tenous Hellenic-Persian Alliance time was of the essence. Either the Khitan Empire could be beaten now, while the time was perfect or they needed to be negotiated with. In an effort to Keep the Persians and Scandinavians loyal Petrovik had to re-enact his successes in Egypt, Iraq, Avaria and Bohemia.

The Crossing through the alps was bold and unexpected as Cathay expected any major attack to come from the Rhineland its most vulnerable border. Using the most advanced artillery the poorly manned garrisons on the alpine border fell one by one and soon the entirety of Helvetica was seized while orders were sent back to Italy for the Persians to attack over the Rhine and distract the Khitan army.

haiti_0.jpg

The Khitan Empire however was not at peace nor did it expect peace in this time. Feeling the Front in Europe would simmer and stagnate Emperor Arthur had ordered the Army of Singapore and Army of Hong Kong to be redeployed to West Africa. They had finally arrived and through local alliances with the oppressed lesser African states, advanced North into the Mali Heartland. The Mali with much of its military still stuck in North Africa was caught completly off guard by the sudden attack. Similar efforts across Africa resulted in Scandinavia and Italy losing much of their colonies as well.

Such Success in Africa was of course little comfort once the invasion of Southern France was realized but it did give the Khitan Empire something it desperately needed in a world quickly turning against it, Leverage. There was one last major factor in Europe still up for Grabs and that Power had an abundant Colonial Empire that now was effectively going to be held Hostage by the Khitan.

De_Velde%2C_Battle_Of_Solebay.jpg

(The Battle of Madurai)
Consul Petrovik while affield could not truly react to such a situation and instead his allies took it upon themselves to try and correct this. The Persians and Scandinavians went for what was perceived to be the Artery of the Remaining Khitan Empire overseas, Ceylon. A Combined force would sail for Ceylon and put it to seige. Poor Weather however would delay the fleet, eventually word of its departure would prompt a response from the East Empire Company to mobilize its assets and the Imperial fleets in Southeast Asia to sail for Ceylon in a hasty defense. The Resulting Race ended when the Combined Persian and Scandinavian Fleet arrived first but found Ceylon fortified and prepared to resist Invasion.

Though some ground battles on the Island itself did occur and much to the Persian's favor the arrival of the East Asian Fleets and the Persian Defeats at Madurai and the Maldives had effectively left the Persian 4th Army stranded on Ceylon without supply while the Khitan were free to reinforce and attack at will.

2185134_original.jpg

(Victory at Burgundy, 1830)​

In Europe Consul Petrovik however was still finding victory after victory. Allied forces had successfully invaded and defeated the Iberians and Occitan near Toulouse and had thus taken the entire principality by storm while the majority of the Khitan army fought the Persians on the Rhine.

Petrovik himself won yet another key victory north of Burgoyne named 'The Battle at Burgundy' in which the Hellenic Troops defeated two Khitan armies through superior cavalry tactics and artillery positioning. The Battle however would be a warning of what was the come, as the Khitan armies on home soil refused to quit the field, and inflicted heavy losses on Petrovics own forces.

russian-celebrities-23.jpg

(General Kenzai Zheng, 1830)
Following the Battle Emperor Arthur perhaps overreacting Fired the majority of the Generalship and handed off control of the Remaining Two Full strength Armies, the Army of Flanders and the Army of Paris to General Kenzai Zheng, whos career as a lesser officer and status as a Chinese citizen of the Empire had allowed him to evade much of the humiliation of his superiors while still earning success and renown in the American and Lithuanian campaigns.

Zheng's Stratagem however was not one that many would expect and would be deeply unpopular in the immediate. Zheng suggested to the Emperor to institute a law of conscription to refill the tanks of the Army of the Rhine and Army of Hanover. Further Zheng ordered the Dismantlement of the aging Channel Navy and the repurposing of its naval artillery to be used in fortifications in France and the Lowland fortresses.

The Emperor, reluctantly agreed and put forward the necessary orders despite the immediate uproar at both conscription and the destruction of one of the Empire's greatest defense assets. Zheng meanwhile took his two remaining armies and marched south to block Petrovic at Troyes.

bataille-de-Waterloo-Napol%C3%A9on-758x439.jpg

(Battle of Troyes 1830)
At Troyes General Zheng met consul Petrovik himself on the field for the first time, but rather than engage in a field battle instead had his troops dig into fortifications. Petrovik expecting a siege prepared for once accordingly and was utterly disappointed when Zheng instead quit the field and refused to do battle. Petrovik then expected a trap and instead of giving chase, took the city.

Zheng would continue to arrive in front of Petrovic's army for several times for well over a month preparing for battle and then dispersing into the northern Countryside unwilling to engage the Greek General on his terms and instead attacking his supply lines and outriders whenever possible. Soon Petrovik found himself slowly being blinded and forced to forage in Cathay for supplies. All the While of course Paris was being fortified.

The Great Chosen Savior of Cathay riding to meet him on the field, was what Petrovik expected and instead and instead he met Zheng, who continually stalled for time and superior knowledge of the field to inflict small cuts to the Greek army despite numerical superiority.

Battle however did come, As Petrovik's outriders thinned much of Zheng's actual army had marched from Paris south and west to Troyes and after nearly two months of stalling, Petrovik awoke to Find a Khitan army surrounding him on three sides.

There was little civility given, once battle had started, Petrovik trapped in a concave found his army being besieged by artillery on three sides and forced to either retreat or advance at what was likely to be an undermanned frontline in hopes of breaking it and scattering the entire Khitan army.

Petrovik chose the later, attacking down a lowland area towards Zheng's frontline, taking heavy losses from pre aimed artillery and entrenched troops. By the time the center line combat had begun Zheng had his cavalry break the remaining logistical core of the Greek army and retreat. What Petrovick ultimately assaulted was the Veteran core of Zheng's army who held while Zheng slowly peeled off layers of his army to safer ground behind the river at Troyes. By the time the battle had been over Petrovik had won a victory but had failed to engage enough of the Khitan army for it to matter at all. However his supplies were spent, losses were once again high and now he was trapped in foreign territory with little supply.

Meanwhile in the Rhine, the Persians continued to disappoint and in Hanover the Replenished army had managed to hold the Scandinavians at Strade, losing the Canal but managing to stop any advance south. What remained was the Iberian campaign which was bogged down in Navarra and Gascony against the Militaries of Ireland, Portugal and Granada.

With little options left Petrovik retreated back south and then east to reinforce with the Persians and Italians at Lorraine, When he arrived however he received terrible news, first of sweeping defeats in West Africa, and in the Indian Ocean but of the entry of the final great Power.

79c8444da7fc6a69b5391c1096f7991f.jpg

Rather than Threaten Britain over his Colonies Emperor Arthur had approached the new Government of Britain with an offer, First and foremost would be the recognition of Legitimacy for the Commonwealth Government, A Colonial alliance in Southeast Asia and Africa and promises of support in the invasion of a foreign invasion of the British Isles. The British, enticed by the offer agreed and in the following weeks landed in Jutland and Holstein and with co-operation from the Khitan army of Hanover managed to encircle the Scandinavians outside Hamburg. With the Defeat of Scandinavia Bohemia revoked its promises of military access from the Treaty of Pest, effectively kicking Scandinavia out of the war as a fighting member.

Meanwhile in the East, the Georgians once again revolted and declared independence and the Indian Confederacy had invaded the Persians, drawing the attention of Greece's foremost ally swiftly away from Europe. In little over half a year the board had been shaken and now was tilting backwards. But the situation was still recoverable, A good Campaign in Cathay could still result in the capture of Antwerp and a Khitan surrender.

d4f616095eb4a05f32bde4751a542920.jpg

Consul Petrovik falling ill and falling from his horse however was something that couldn't be planned around. The Illness of the Consul soon left authority in the hands of Co Consul Hector Illemas, a puppet in place until the War could be completed. Petrovik's worse fear his age catching up to him had become a reality, and the Country quickly began to struggle to find a replacement. In that Struggle General Zheng ruthless as ever put his new assets to the field running down the Greco-Persian Armies back across the Rhine while the Italians feeling the tide turning evacuated Iberia.

Bohemia's Entry Back into the War in the spring of 1831 would be the Final straw. As Consul Petrovic's health worsened, Hector Illemas had tried and failed to stop an imminent collapse of the Republican coalition. The Mali were sueing for Peace, the Persians had effectively put all attention on their Indian border and the Bohemians were back, and Angry. There was little choice for Illemas but to sue for peace and hope for the best before a Stalemate quickly became a losing war.
4nfconcert.jpg

What would come would be an event that would Define a Century of Politics, The Council of London.​

Last edited:
Yee of Little Faith, I bet nobody was expecting a Draw, Even me. Bloody Dice...

Oh, Hellenic Republic... You did so well. You showed the world the glory of the revolution, how you could be real power in the coming era. Striking at Cathay directing though? Now you're gonna get your teeth knocked out.

This will surely be the end of Petrovic...

Well they didn't lose, They didn't win Either. You'll find however that the Council of London may quickly become an event where the Nations of Europe use every opportunity to level the playing field quite a bit in relation to one another.

Yes well sometimes real life isnt realistic, :p. Though I'll point out incase people werent paying attention Petrovik has been in charge of Greece for well over 40 Years. The Man is Old, Hes seen his great Era of Warfare come, and now about to leave.

Probably as not to play some Xenophile Democratic plebeians in Stellaris, I guess.
Also, that Persia is a monster. By the love of Zun it must be destroyed.

Persia is a Monster, It must be slain the problem is all of Europe is in the way to prevent me from slaying it :p

A bloody stalemate indeed. The Revolution has lost its lustre - and soon perhaps its leader.