• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

((@Avindian Does the first bill also lower the age at which they can run for office?
Small note, although the flag with coat of arms is the Stateflag, most people and the nation itself use the tricolour without the coat of arms as flag))

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
(@Avindian Does the first bill also lower the age at which they can run for office?
Small note, although the flag with coat of arms is the Stateflag, most people and the nation itself use the tricolour without the coat of arms as flag))
((As the author of the act : Yes. Both active and passive voting rights would be extended to everyone exceeding the age of 18. ))

1. No - Why on God's green Earth would anyone seek to increase unemployment?
2. Yes
3. No

Imperialist, Conclave

On further reflection, the old flag really is a symbol of imperialism. I change my vote to support the new flag.
-Otto Meier

((As the author of the act : Yes. Both active and passive voting rights would be extended to everyone exceeding the age of 18. ))

((FYI: most native English speakers are not familiar with the usage of the term "active" or "passive" voting. I know it's common on the Continent, but I know Americans don't use those terms. I'm fairly certain British English speakers do not either. We simply say "right to vote" or "right to run for office." For instance, I could legally run for certain office, like a Senator or Congressman, but those wanting Avindian for President will have to wait a bit. However, I've been able to vote for a long time now.))

((FYI: most native English speakers are not familiar with the usage of the term "active" or "passive" voting. I know it's common on the Continent, but I know Americans don't use those terms. I'm fairly certain British English speakers do not either. We simply say "right to vote" or "right to run for office." For instance, I could legally run for certain office, like a Senator or Congressman, but those wanting Avindian for President will have to wait a bit. However, I've been able to vote for a long time now.))
((Ah. Did not know that. Thanks ! Will make sure in the future to avoid the use of the term.))

Reactions:
Ja to all.

The people of Germany have better things to do with their time then design new flags to salute, and this Reichstag has better things to do than continually try to change it. No to the Flag Bill. I do vote Aye to the other two measures.

Jean Pierre St. Gerard, KPD, Minister of Education

((We need a vote from @Jack LEagle, @LatinKaiser, and @Brothersid.))

((Since none of these bills will affect current policy, I'd like to ask all sitting ministers to go ahead and post their plans. Remember, have four years in mind, not just one. Feel free to break things down by period or not as you like. I will work on my own proposal over the next day or so.))

The state planning commission will avoid funding the operations of any businesses. However, it will continue to invest in business growth so that workers have jobs. On a yearly basis, all factories that are nearing full employment will be expanded at the state's expense. And the remains of failed industry must be cleared. During the annual review, all bankrupt factories will be shut down to give room for new growth.

-Otto Meier

(( Every year, destroy any bankrupt factories. Then shift+click the expand factory button to expand all factories near the employee limit. Finally, click the cancel all subsidies button just in case some get added. ))

The Interior Ministry shall focus its efforts on working with the State Planning Commission, by hiring new lower-class workers in areas with large amounts of job openings. If there are little or no such regions, then instead middle-class clerks and upper-class entrepreneurs will be encouraged in regions with low proportions of said occupations.

~Johannes Carile

((As before, encourage craftsmen in regions with <50% factory jobs filled, but have most craftsmen actually employed. If all states meet this quota, then encourage clerks until they reach the optimal amount for tech points (as they do provide tech points, right?), and after that, if somehow this is all fulfilled, encourage Capitalists until they reach 4%, which I think is the optimal amount for tech points for them as well. I could be wrong, as I play mostly PoD, and if I am, just encourage them in general for now more than a year per state.))

((Capitalists have nothing to do with tech in vanilla.))

((Capitalists have nothing to do with tech in vanilla.))

((Alright, ignore the Capitalists I requested. Clerk and Craftsman encouragement shall continue as planned.))

((Only Bureocrats , 2% and Clerks, 4%, influence that number. Also, literacy.))

((I know Craftsmen don't promote literacy. I just want to ensure the factories are running at fuller capacity.))