• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((A guide on accessing the saves? Like, editing them or loading them and playing the game? The latter would more/less require you to package up your current modded game (minus the executable).))

I feel that the current program of the Ministry of Education is too far from completion to take on additional responsibilities at this time.

((Current techs: Mil: 4-4-4-4-4 Nav: 5-4-4-4-4 Com: 4-5-5-4-5 Cul: 5-6-6-5-6 Ind: 6-5-5-5-5
Steam Turbine Ships, Military Directionism, Military NCO Training, Naval Directionism, Naval NCO Training))

No factories should be subsidized. The capitalists do not need aid from the government, if they cannot warn a profit that is their affair. However, in the interests of ensuring that there is work for all who need it, there should be a program of government investment to expand all profitable industries.

-Otto Meier

(( So use the cancel all subsidies button, and if you notice subsidies pop up again, hit it some more. But go ahead and Shift+Click the factory upgrade button. ))

((A guide on accessing the saves? Like, editing them or loading them and playing the game? The latter would more/less require you to package up your current modded game (minus the executable).))

((Yeah, now that I think about it, that's a really bad idea. As far as posting my modded files.))

If this coalition is approved, which, at least, it has my approval, I will nominate Axel Wouters ((NachoEater)) as the Commander of the Corps of the Gendarmerie.
I would, of course, be happy to take on the role should that be how best I can serve. I hope we can ensure internal Peace in Our Time.

The current class-based system of taxation is to be overhauled. Instead of the prior system of means-testing and administrative form-filling, the new tax rate is to be 25% for all, be they rich or poor. This should serve to ensure a more truly equal society, as well as cutting down on unnecessary administrative expenditure.

((Which is to say, the Poor slider slides up to the minimum allowed under State Capitalism, and everything else stays where it is. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...))

---

In addition, I would like to separately propose the following:

The Republic Railway Act

Recognising the troubled financial straits and impunctual tendencies of several of the Republic's railways, the Reichstag resolves to purchase each of the following companies:

Österreichische Eisenbahnen
Ansbach Regionalbahnen
Baden Staats-Eisenbahnen
Überwältigendgroße Bayerische Eisenbahngesellschaft
Böhmen Eisenbahnen
Königlich-Staatsbahnen der Großenstadt-Tirol
Württembergischen Staats-Eisenbahnen
Alle anderen Stücke von Süd-Deutschland Eisenbahnen

The assets of these companies are henceforth to fall under the control of the Deutsche Republiksbahn-Gesellschaft, itself under the jurisdiction of the State Planning Commission. In the event that the State Planning Commission is disbanded, control over the Republiksbahn-Gesellschaft will pass to the Ministry of Finance.

(( Actual in-game consequences: none, except possibly as a post-hoc State Capitalism explanation of why the capitalists aren't allowed to upgrade railways any more.))

Herr Gerulf's bill is added to the ballot, which will be formally published in 24 hours.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to offer my congratulations to the DSU. It is good to see an organization that at least claims to have the interests of the working class at heart. I will evaluate them properly by their actions, not their words.

Jean-Pierre St. Gerard, KPD

I am somewhat the surprised that the KPD was not offered a seat at the table. Surely the left is united, and would not exclude some of its members?

Alas, even with our party's impressive display this last election, we are often not considered an expedient or useful tool by the more centrist elements of the German left. The last few times we attempted to forge a leftist coalition, or even participate in one, we found ourselves thoroughly shunned and discarded by our "fraternal allies". So we largely remain here to be the sole voice of the disenfranchised and unwanted.

But we, all the same, harbor no grudge or ill-will.

Why does the center shun the extremes? Are not Imperialists brothers to the conservatives? Does not the KPD have the same instincts, the same goals, as the SPU? The people ask for action, but all the government gives them is more of the same. Is it any wonder the people have become disillusioned with Reichstag politics?

Last edited:
The German Social Union believes it can still acieve much both with the Communist Party of Germany and the German Liberal Party - German Democratic Party Coalition. Cooperation with one does not exclude cooperation with the other, that is why I wish to reiterate this Government's intention to increase both Pensions and Unemployment subsidies in this sitting of the Reichstag, hopefully with the support of the Communist Party of Germany.

Franz von Bavel-Timmermans,
Chancellor of the German Republic

The German Social Union believes it can still acieve much both with the Communist Party of Germany and the German Liberal Party - German Democratic Party Coalition. Cooperation with one does not exclude cooperation with the other, that is why I wish to reiterate this Government's intention to increase both Pensions and Unemployment subsidies in this sitting of the Reichstag, hopefully with the support of the Communist Party of Germany.

Franz von Bavel-Timmermans,
Chancellor of the German Republic

((We can't do two social reforms at once, and no trying to propose stuff before it's ready to be proposed. ;) ))

Voting shall now begin. We have only two ballot measures:

1) Shall the German government increase Pensions for retired Germans?
2) Shall Germany enact the Republic Railway Act?

The Republic Railway Act

Recognising the troubled financial straits and impunctual tendencies of several of the Republic's railways, the Reichstag resolves to purchase each of the following companies:

Österreichische Eisenbahnen
Ansbach Regionalbahnen
Baden Staats-Eisenbahnen
Überwältigendgroße Bayerische Eisenbahngesellschaft
Böhmen Eisenbahnen
Königlich-Staatsbahnen der Großenstadt-Tirol
Württembergischen Staats-Eisenbahnen
Alle anderen Stücke von Süd-Deutschland Eisenbahnen

The assets of these companies are henceforth to fall under the control of the Deutsche Republiksbahn-Gesellschaft, itself under the jurisdiction of the State Planning Commission. In the event that the State Planning Commission is disbanded, control over the Republiksbahn-Gesellschaft will pass to the Ministry of Finance.

The State Planning Commission, Ministry of Finance, and Ministry of Education have submitted their plans. With no votes against these plans, they are considered passed. The Ministry of War (@Mikkel Glahder) and Foreign Ministry (@Brettles) are still yet to present their plans, as is the Ministry of the Interior (@alxeu). The Supreme Court also mandates the appointment of a Minority Commission, as required by law, by the Minister of the Interior.

Finally, the Chancellor is encouraged to make a general statement about his vision for the domestic politics and economy of Germany. ((Remember: I use this statement to resolve events!))

Voting will proceed for 48 hours.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Aye to Pensions
Aye to the Railway Act

Gutfreund

1) Aye
2) Aye

1. Ja
2. Ja

- Rafanelli

1. No
2. No

Hans Jurgen von Arnim Boitzenburg
Imperialist, Conclave

1) Aye
2) I believe I should abstain from this one, as it affects both my political position and my family's fortunes as owners of several of those rail companies.

-Otto Meier