• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Weren't you the same one advocating bilateral ties and closer relations to Poland against France, Herr Chancellor?

I have advocated both war and peace against both nations. Diplomacy is a tricky game that only a few can master.

((Damn the AI for making a coherent foreign policy impossible :p))

Reactions:
I would like to voice my agreement with our Chancellor. The common man deserves the right to self-determination! The voice of the People must be heard by all the nations of the world.

I would also like to make it known that, seeing as the inclusion of smaller parties in the crisis committee is mandated by the recent Reform Act, I would be delighted to represent the KPD on the crisis team should the Foreign Minister see it fit to offer such a position.

~ Comrade Klaus Siekert, KPD

Last edited:
Germany is poorer today for the loss of Herr van Kloetinge. I am privileged to have served in the same party, and we are all privileged to have shared a Reichstag with him. His constituents are unlikely to find another man as devoted to Germany, and as devoted to democracy as van Kloetinge. The value of his service to Germany, across many years and many government posts, is incalculable, and each of us here today should be proud, when the time comes, to follow him into the ground declaring "I strove to do as much good as Gerrit Aldo Servatius van Kloetinge".
Theodoor Linden

I appoint the following people to the Crisis Committee.

Crisis Committee:
Statuatory Members:
Hubert Schaumburg ((Brothersid))
Konrad Friedrich von Hohenzollern ((LatinKaiser))
Largest Party Members:
Konrad von Schwaben ((Mikkel Glahder))
Albrecht von Württemberg ((Lorgar23))
Smaller Party Members:
Franz Ferdinand Schuttler ((DutchGuy))
Hans-Jurgen von Arnim-Boitzenburg ((Davout))
Clarissa Rafanelli-Askanier ((Sakura_F))

((Brothersid informed me that he might get hit with some bad weather, which may delay things.

We may also need to consider modifying the new law to account for the fact that the forum conversation system allows for a maximum of six participants. I've suggested to Brothersid that he look into alternative means of communication, but we could always drop the requirement to five or six people.))

I believe that we shall side with Britain under all circumstances. As much as I hate Britain, they still have a powerful military force, which means that the crisis may end quickly, or the war will be heavily lopsided.

- Imperialist Josef Koscilny

I believe that we shall side with Britain under all circumstances. As much as I hate Britain, they still have a powerful military force, which means that the crisis may end quickly, or the war will be heavily lopsided.

Britain alone is no match for our military.

I do not understand your logic. You would disadvantage Germany and the oppressed peoples of the world because it is easier? Imagine if Friedrich IV held the same attitude.

Britain alone is no match for our military.

I do not understand your logic. You would disadvantage Germany and the oppressed peoples of the world because it is easier? Imagine if Friedrich IV held the same attitude.

When did Germany become a defender of the oppressed?

We are a great nation that must make smart decisions. A Great War just happened several years ago, to see something of that nature happen again would just be a pity; to see the young men of our country die over meager territory that doesn't matter to us would just be a pity.

My belief is not a disadvantage to Germany. Would you really want to wage war against the barbaric Poles and the British menace at the same time?

And anyways you were all for crushing the French in the last crisis. But now you'd rather side with the French and fight a two front war that will greatly damage our workforce and the great industrial progress that we've made in the past few years?

I'm not saying that it'd be easier to side with the British (and possibly Polish), but it is much more feasible. I do agree with you that we should fight the Polish barbarism, but to fight the Polish and the British at the same time is more than a challenge.

((I already gave the Committee my views. It seemed a no brainer to me. I have no idea what the delay is.))

((@Brothersid told me he was in some for some nasty weather, so that could be the issue.))

((@Brothersid told me he was in some for some nasty weather, so that could be the issue.))

(( While weather did have some effect on the amount of time this took I must say the majority of it was simply and effect of me lacking the time to sit down read and formulate a plan. I apologize for the delay things should be better in the future. In a more direct sense the crisis committee is resolved in their positions and a plan consistent with them has been submitted for approval.))

The Crisis Committee proposes the following plan:

1. The Chief of the General Staff will prepare for a general defence of the German border with France and a specific offensive into the metropolitan area of France.
2. Maintenance of both the Army and Navy will be raised to 75% immediately
3. Germany will join the Polish Cause forthwith.
4. If tension reaches 80%, Maintenance of both the Army and Navy will be raised to the maximum amount.
5. All allies that are not great powers will receive war subsidies for the duration of the conflict.

This Crisis Resolution is now officially under review for 24 hours (until 10 PM Friday night, -6 GMT).

Given the lack of queries or response to the Crisis Committee's Resolution, it is now considered passed.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

((I will play and update soon!))

1901: The people slumber, but the economy is comatose

An opinion poll of adult Germans who planned to vote in the upcoming 1903 election showed that Chancellor Franz Meningen had an approval rating of more than 75%. Under Meningen's leadership, social programs expanded and Germany stayed out of foreign affairs. One German went so far as to call Meningen a "quiet genius," insisting that the Bundespartei would easily become the first party to achieve more than 50% of the Assembly in the 20th century. Few pundits would agree to that claim, but nonetheless, for the average German, life was good.

KvGCFJ.jpg

xD8cSE.jpg

Even more importantly, Foreign Minister Hubert Schaumburg was willing to negotiate with foreign powers, even old enemies like Poland. New legislation established a wider presence for all parties in the Crisis Committees, and the results showed a more measured response than ever before. In an era where France had already expanded considerably, taking Castilian lands, the French government nonetheless had no choice but to accede to German demands in the crisis with Poland.

meY0Qk.jpg

Behind this sunny external picture of the Republic of Germany was an unpleasant truth: the German economy was hemorrhaging money. Minister of Finance Albrecht von Württemburg's policies to keep taxes low had worked when French reparations filled German coffers; now that Germany was forced to rely on her own output again, the government had steadily eaten substantial chunks of the treasury to keep the government afloat. All told, Germany lost some £600,000 over the course of 1901, about 25% of the treasury. The Bundespartei often countered with claims that it was the Foreign Ministry and Ministry of War that had increased the budget of the military, resulting in a short term shortfall. Most economists did not buy that argument, pointing to the high bill Germans paid for their officials.

The complexities of international finance were lost on most Germans. Prominent citizens of München, led by President Eva von Vandenburg, KPD Assemblyman Klaus Siekert, and DLP Assemblyman Frederick Thiessen, argued for a beautification campaign that would expand the intellectual footprint of what some newspapers called "Germany's second city." Youthful Germans supported the idea of government improvement of Schwabing. One young student, dressed all in black, claimed that "The only true freedom Germans had was intellectual freedom. The right to choose social isolation was the most important right a man could exercise." Few Germans saw a downside to this proposal, but a handful of Imperialists suggested that the Schwabing area could become a hotbed of revolution. In reality, while some Germans wanted still more social programs, it was difficult to say that revolution was going to happen any time soon.

As the Presidential elections of 1902 began, the economy was the biggest issue among German elites, some of whom questioned German obsession with Law and Order. Prominent businessmen called for a plutocracy, a government where big business had a say in the operation of the government, and promised untold riches if the government consented. It was sure to be a hot topic among the Reichstag, as they settled into their seats for the 1902 session.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our first priority is the election of a new President. As a reminder, only citizens over the age of 40 may run. Eva von Vandenburg is welcome to run again, should she choose to do so. After that, members of the Reichstag may suggest new legislation; the issues of the Schwabing Circles and the German Business League have already been added to the ballot, but other proposals may be considered.

Eligible individuals have 48 hours to announce their candidacy, after which we will conduct the vote for President of Germany.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

I hereby officially announce my candidacy for the most honourable spot of Reichspräesident.

Herr Franz Ferdinand "Beinbrecher" Schüttler", Assemblyman for the city of Nürnberg and Commander of the Corps of the Gendermerie

News arrives that in late 1901, Friedrick Thiessen had died from some kind of accident while visiting a circus known only to open at night.

--------------------------------------

(( New character time

Name: Otto Meier
House: Assembly
Birthplace: Innsbruck
Party: DSU
Bio: The latest of the Meier industrialist family to be in politics, Otto is the black sheep of the family. He considers the status quo of the economy to be wrong, that workers should have much more protection. He refused to use the old family connections to acquire a seat in the Conclave, and instead was elected to the Assembly. Needless to say, tensions are high in the Meier family.

))