• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Comrade Wouters makes sense.

There are only two eligible voters left at this stage: Herr Hertwig ((@Warlord Skorr)) and Herr Linden ((@Brettles)). ((Qwerty hasn't been active in forever, while TheChalk won't return to the Reichstag until after the election.)) Therefore, we shall now proceed to the second round of voting. The present totals are:

Gutfreund: 7
Hohenzollern: 5
Vandenburg: 5

The three supporters of Herr Meningen must choose a new candidate or abstain. ((@Andre Massena, @Dr.Livingstone, @Lorgar23)) Those voters who have yet to cast a ballot may still do so, of course. You may also change your vote, if you are so inclined.

This round will last until Wednesday at 10 PM. Whoever has the most votes, even if they cannot obtain a majority of the Electoral College, will be declared the winner. If one or more parties remain tied, we will have a third round of voting.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Reactions:
It would seem that the minority parties and conservatives are divided in their support. If we truly wish to prevent a liberal sweep of the government, we must unite. I must remind Herr Hohenzollern that he will be required to give up his position as Chief of General Staff to serve as Reichspresident. I believe he may better serve Germany in that position, leading our armies and navies to greatness against our foreign foes. The Imperialists have always shared close ties with the Conservatives, and I feel that I could represent their interests as Reichspresident. If it is not necessary for Herr Hohenzollern to give up his position, why should he. Elect me as Reichspresident and will represent all in a fair and just manner.

- Eva von Vandenburg

Reactions:
Herr Siekert,

While I can not speak for my colleague, the only reason I have not ran for Reichsprasident is due to the fact I currently hold office as Minister of The Interior, and I feel it would be improper to abandon my post. I feel I represent the People here better than I ever could as Reichsprasident.

Axel Wouters, Minister of the Interior
And on behalf of the Workers of the World, I would like to extend my thanks to you, Comrade Wouters, for your dedicated service to the People. Still, the fact remains that the oppression of the proletariat these past few years is shameful, and, as a member of the Assembly and a representative of the common man, is something which I absolutely will not tolerate! I only hope that the oppressors will one day feel the same pain with which I burn when I see and hear of the suffering of the masses.

- Klaus Siekert

I hereby withdraw from the Presidential race. I thank all those who have voted for me, but I do not wish to create any further division in German politics, and I believe that I can better serve the Republic as Chief of the General Staff at this moment.

~ K. F. von Hohenzollern

I abstain from voting. I cannot in good conscience vote for Vandenburg, nor can I vote for the party that betrayed their liberal brethren.

With that, I bid all of you ado.

~Maria Victor

I am saddened by the withdrawal of Heer Hohenzollern and I hope in future elections that he can emerge triumphant. I urge all his former supporters to support Eva von Vandenburg to lead us on to a more conservative future. ((@strategymad3500 @PTSnoop @NachoEater ))

I thank Herr Hohenzollern for withdrawing from the race. I know it was not an easy decision, but I truly think the government will be better served with him retaining the position of Chief of General Staff. I know that many may be against the idea of an Imperialist as Reichspresident, but the Reichspresident is by its very definition meant to be non-partisan. Why else would they be forced to give up their seat in the Reichstag and representation for their party. It is the role of the Reichspresident to ensure the government truly represents the people and maintains its mandate. I fully intend to do that. It would not be my place to use the position to force the Imperialist agenda on the government. As long as the ruling coalition represents a majority of the people and commits itself to the betterment of Germany, I will not interfere. Obstructionism is petty and only necessary when the decisions of the government threaten the German Republic. Let us all band together to ensure Germany remains proud and strong. Whether you are part of the KPD, DSU, DDA, DLP, Bundespartei, Conservatives, or Imperialists, it is your duty to serve Germany. Never forget that, for I surely will not.

- Eva von Vandenburg

Reactions:
Name: Himkleck Reunde
Party Affiliation: Imperialists
DOB: October 31, 1864
Place of Birth: Wurzburg
Position: Conclave
Bio: The son of an officer, young Himleck saw action in the recent wars against the French. During these wars, he began to skew towards the right. After the war, he joined a local Conservative party group. Finding himself increasingly on the outs with the more moderates of the party, Himleck switched to the Imperialists. Now thirty, he wishes to join government, and bring about his ideology on a national scale.

With Herr von Hohenzollern's withdrawal from the race, those supporters may change their votes to either Gutfreund or Vandenburg. It remains a very close race, so their votes could make all the difference. ((@NachoEater, @PTSnoop, @strategymad3500, @LatinKaiser))

Also, with the retirement of Maria Victor, the Bundespartei must elect a new party leader.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

I cast my vote for Gutfreund.
However, I would also like to make record of my agreement with the honorable members from the Communist benches; we have seen too few candidates from the left and far left, and even less diversity on the matter of Germany's increasingly hawkish foreign policy. Regardless of whether or not we subscribe to Marx's dialectic, I think we can all agree that a field such as this does no benefit to the people of Germany. Perhaps next time we elect a Reichpresident, the DDA, DSU and KDP should agree to collaborate on a common candidate?
Theodoor Linden

((Marx didn't invent communism in this roleplay, mate. ;) ))

Comrade Linden,

The KPD and DSU have fundamental disagreements on the minuta of policy, and thus far, their friendship has yet to be forthcoming. They have been more often desirous of cozying up with the Bundespartei than the KPD. The reason I have backed Vandenburg and the Imperialists stems from the fact that our parties share a common thing -- we're shunned and pushed to the wings by the mainstream elites. A general agreement has been reached that the Imperialists and KPD scratch each other's back and try not to clash... at least, that's what I've gathered from the interactions between myself and Frau Vandenburg.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to change soon.

- Rafanelli

((when will the election end))

((When it's over. :) Because LK resigned, and because the race is so tight, I'm ignoring the original deadline, which was for tonight. So, if you need to change your vote, last few Hohenzollern-ites, please do so soon!))

It saddens me greatly to hear of Herr von Hozernhollern pulling out from the race. While I cannot, in good conscience, vote for an imperialist, I feel it would be improper to vote for Herr Gutfreund, as I would replace him as chancellor, and I do not wish for my vote to be marred by accusations of nepotism. Therefore, I abstain.