• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Foreign ministry advises that Germany fights on to victory. We will not slink up like cowards and abandon our brothers in Plymouth as so too many in this assembly would advocate. We will defeat the french and their nefarious allies and then the tretrious British and Scot will feel the wrath of the German Army. Until such time we must remain not show weakness and the German Navy must deny the Enemy the opportunity to invade the homeland.

What? Has honor deserted the Reichstag, and cowardice taken its place? Has the blood in your once proud veins turned frozen with fear? Have our once great leaders donned the clothes of the womenfolk, and decided to take their place in society?
No, the current Reichstag has not only considered cowardice, but also treason! They have resigned our citizens in Plymouth to oppression with hardly a fight! Members of this Reichstag have claimed that because few ethnic Germans reside in the area, that the entire region must be given up, disregarding the lives and livelihood of our fraternal brotherhood! Are we not all citizen's? Are we not all sons and daughters of the same Mother of Liberty? Have we so quickly shrugged off these bonds in the face of tyranny, and forgotten our long and shared history? Pride demands recompensation for the outrageous demands of the Scots, Justice demands we strike the sword upon their brows, and yet these representatives, these men, would have us stab them and our kin from the back, marking the whole Reichstag as oathbreakers and kinslayers!
Has a plot against the nation been initiated? Are all who are for Freedom and the Rights of Citizens marked for death? Oh vile and wicked Catiline, how have you breached the gates of this city? Has your conspiracy gone so far and gone so unnoticed until now, when your desperate and god-less servants show themselves from the shadows in all their ugliness, to betray the Republic to its enemies! Men of Ill-repute and of turned hearts, I beg of you to thaw those frozen organs! Do not follow the example of Judas Iscariot, that most wicked betrayer!

What is to stop the British from demanding more next time? Many of you say that Plymouth will be the end of their demands, but that can never be certain. Once you appease a tyrant, they will keep taking more until there is nothing left to take. If we give the British Plymouth, maybe next time they'll start eyeing up the Lowlands and claim it's rightfully theirs too. The only way to ensure they stop trying to attack us for our land is to crush them utterly. As for those that say we should abandon the people of Plymouth to their fate, you are all cowardly hypocrites. So it is all fine and dandy to coddle the Italians, but the moment any other minority is in trouble, we should just throw them to the wind and let them be subjugated by tyrants simply because they are not "Germans"? You all sicken me. From what I understand, the majority has more in common with the Breton people in France than the Scots of Britain. Abandoning them simply because they are an inconvenient burden is a despicable act. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for even suggesting that anyone who lives under the German Republic should ever be abandoned. Shame!

- Eva von Vandenburg

Germany has no naval resources with which to beat Britain. Reclaiming Plymouth would just be more of the same countless casualties that could be going towards beating a much greater threat -- France. Germans make up an abject minority of Plymouth's population; most of them are Bretons who feel no more fealty towards us than the British! Let them go and let this end. Britain has no grievances with us otherwise.

If we reject their offer, they'll simply return and demand more land later.

And, Comrade Vandenburg; the KPD has never supported pandering to the Italian minority; myself being a member of said minority, I have opposed the Republic of Italy since it was dreamed up by the Liberals. I don't think Plymouth is worth any more bloodshed, no.

But yes, do go ahead and throw more German boys at a peninsula that will continue to be a thorn in the Republic's side.

Germany has no naval resources with which to beat Britain. Reclaiming Plymouth would just be more of the same countless casualties that could be going towards beating a much greater threat -- France. Germans make up an abject minority of Plymouth's population; most of them are Bretons who feel no more fealty towards us than the British! Let them go and let this end. Britain has no grievances with us otherwise.

If we reject their offer, they'll simply return and demand more land later.

And, Comrade Vandenburg; the KPD has never supported pandering to the Italian minority; myself being a member of said minority, I have opposed the Republic of Italy since it was dreamed up by the Liberals. I don't think Plymouth is worth any more bloodshed, no.

But yes, do go ahead and throw more German boys at a peninsula that will continue to be a thorn in the Republic's side.

We have spend decades of neglecting the army to spend building the Hochseeflotte. Millions of honest hard working men and women have worked tirelessly over the years to expand and modernize the Hochseeflotte . Our navy is the true pride of the German Republic. You say we do not have accurate naval resources while we already dominate the oceans. Let us instead of surrendering, invade the vile British autocracy and put the British monarch and his government to its proper place, under the guillotine that is ! Let us use our might to liberate Britain from its monarch, destroy their vile empire and reclaim our place in the sun ! Let us dismantle the British Beast and secure true , permanent peace in europe. A german dominated europe !

Down with the British Autocrat ! Long Live the German Republic !

Legbreaker

Ah, yes, racism and supremacy. Great ideas.

You're practically advocating a Final Solution that Europe is so inherently incapable of governing itself that it should be subjected to full-scale Germanization and German dominance. To take over Europe would, realistically speaking, be the worst possible idea ever formed. Germany must be brotherly with her fellow nations, not needlessly racist, supremacist and antagonistic.

Germans aren't perfect, and they certainly aren't the übermensch you pretend you are. Italians aren't perfect either, neither are Franks, Russians, et al.

If your spiteful behavior is an indicator of the average German's attitudes towards other ethnic groups, then perhaps Italy has been too long under your jackboot, you feckless thug.

You're practically advocating a Final Solution that Europe is so inherently incapable of governing itself that it should be subjected to full-scale Germanization and German dominance. To take over Europe would, realistically speaking, be the worst possible idea ever formed. Germany must be brotherly with her fellow nations, not needlessly racist, supremacist and antagonistic.

Germans aren't perfect, and they certainly aren't the übermensch you pretend you are. Italians aren't perfect either, neither are Franks, Russians, et al.

If your spiteful behavior is an indicator of the average German's attitudes towards other ethnic groups, then perhaps Italy has been too long under your jackboot, you feckless thug.
I said not a single word about ethnic groups or Germanization. My aims is to declaw europe and assert dominance of the German Military to prevent further conflict. I want to leave Europe without nations strong enough to attack us and cause the death of many more people. Be them German , Italian, French, or Polish. We need to act now and destroy those warlike nations in the name of democracy and peace. I want Germany to become the policeman of Europe that keeps it at peace and diverse, not destroy it. I do not know what an 'übermensch' is nor do I want to know. I want long term peace !

Legbreaker

The Foreign ministry advises that Germany fights on to victory. We will not slink up like cowards and abandon our brothers in Plymouth as so too many in this assembly would advocate. We will defeat the french and their nefarious allies and then the tretrious British and Scot will feel the wrath of the German Army. Until such time we must remain not show weakness and the German Navy must deny the Enemy the opportunity to invade the homeland.

Looks like the government is not on the same page! This is what happens when the Bundespartei is not included.

Perhaps it would be the better part of wisdom to vote only after we have a ful picture of the naval and army forces of the Reich. ((could we have that, please, AV))

Gutfreund, Chancellor

((It would take me a while to get that prepared for you. In short, the problem isn't the army, but the ticking war goal. We are in no position to retake Plymouth any time soon, and eventually we'll hit 100 and lose automatically. I also suspect that the UK has a huge army in the British Isles that would chew up everything short of a mass invasion.))

The Foreign Minister is an idiot. It was he who brought us into the disastrous war in the first place, and now he is unwilling to accept reality. We have already lost Plymouth, yet he is willing to risk an uprising rather than acknowledge what has happened.

I vote no-confidence in the Foreign Minister. I invite the other sane individuals in the Assembly to join me.

Hermann von Leute

((That means everyone in the Assembly has to vote. :) ))

Good on you, Comrade von Leute! The KPD shall not stand for this idiocy any further!

I vote no to the vote of no confidence, so I vote for confidence, or against no confidence, or... whatever, you all know what I mean. Keep the current Foreign Minister.

- Eva von Vandenburg

This is not the time for bickering. We must be united and consistent if we are to win this war, not wavering at every turn. No to the vote of no confidence.

-Friedrick Thiessen

It is with sorrow that I must say, the FM no longer has my confidence. He must go.

Gutfreund, Chancellor

This is not the time for bickering. We must be united and consistent if we are to win this war, not wavering at every turn. No to the vote of no confidence.

-Friedrick Thiessen

Comrade Thiessen,

We have already lost the war against the British, whether we are united or not. Your own Chancellor has the sense to see that Comrade Schaumberg is incapable of filling his role; I urge you to reconsider and remove this menace to Germany's continued existence.

Hermann von Leute