• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Memo from the Ministry of War

168 Brigades shall be recruited

- 56 infantry brigades

- 32 artillery

- 8 Engineers ((If more are needed, they shall be build))

- 20 guards

- 12 Hussars

- 20 Dragoons

- 20 Cuirassiers

They shall be evenly split between eight armies and sent to the front once they are fully patched up and ready to go.

There shall be build 5 Battleships and 10 cruisers to join in the war effort.

~ Konrad von Schwaben, Minister of War

Last edited:
Memo from the Ministry of War

160 Brigades shall be recruited

- 54 infantry brigades

- 30 artillery

- 6 Engineers ((If more are needed, they shall be build))

- 20 guards

- 12 Hussars

- 20 Dragoons

- 18 Cuirassiers

They shall be evenly split into two armies and sent to the front once they are fully patched up and ready to go.

There shall be build 5 Battleships and 10 cruisers to join in the war effort.

~ Konrad von Schwaben, Minister of War

((A brigade is 3K. two armies of 80 brigades would be 240K soldiers a stack. You might want to consider to split up the stacks unless you want to face massive attrition))

((A brigade is 3K. two armies of 80 brigades would be 240K soldiers a stack. You might want to consider to split up the stacks unless you want to face massive attrition))

(( good idea. I edited it in the original.))

I would ask the Ministry of War to organize armies consisting of about 60,000 men. While such a number may not seem as intimidating as 100,000 men, several armies of relatively large size would be more mobile than huge masses of soldiers, and would thus better coordinate attacks against the French.

~ K. F. von Hohenzollern

Reactions:
((These conscription levels are ridiculous.))

Given the unprecedented scale of the proposed increase to our military, I feel it vital to put all of the resources of the Ministry of Education into improving German industry. I do not feel that it could properly supply such a force with arms and ammunition as it is now, electrified or not.
((Current techs: Mil: 4-4-4-4-4 Nav: 4-4-4-4-4 Com: 4-5-5-3-5 Cul: 3-5-5-5-3 Ind: 4-4-4-4-5
Advanced Metallurgy, Combustion Engine, Assembly Line))

Gentlemen of the Reichstag,
As you all know we are at war. But this is no simple war, for the first time in history Germany lays entrapped by the French, British, and Byzantines. Individually these powers could not hope to hold a candle to the might of Germany. Such a state of affairs has led the republic to believe that it was safe. We have now been rudely awakened by reality and now will spend more coin, waste more time, and most tragically of all waste more lives than what would have been necessary if we had not deluded ourselves into believing we were safe. I have long now laboured in devising a foreign policy for our great nation that will enable us to come closer and perhaps someday achieve the great goal of total security from our warmongering and dishonorable neighbors. A first step towards this goal is to first prevent the Poles from joining the war if at all possible. After this goal we will attempt to increase and enter economic and military agreements with the all minor powers within the European theater so as to deny our enemies the luxury of a close ally on Germany's doormat. Then, our eye will turn to south east Asia where we will likewise enter into economic and military agreements with the minor powers of the area to acquire better access to luxury and exotic goods that will help to fuel the beast that is German industry. But our most bold moves are now what await us and that is crippling the nuisances that lay before Germany. The price for the French intervention shall be two states Rhone and Provence. The Byzantines are to be made to apologize for their role in destabilizing our government ((Humalite)). In the Great War we are also to fulfill Ethiopia's claims but no additional claims will be fought for on their behalf. The British for their insolence are to Forfeit the colonies known as British West Africa and British Guinea. I realize this plan may be unpalatable for many of my colleagues but I beg you to to think about what the policy of pacifism has gotten the republic so far and realize that if the constant french buggery in our affairs and British attempts to seize Plymouth can not be stopped Germany will eventually falter and all that these great halls have fought for will be for nought.

The Communist Party of Germany urges the government of Germany to exercise mercy upon our enemies upon our Endsieg; for if we punish them too harshly, and treat them as if they must be wiped out for their transgressions, we shall see that our peace treaty is only a twenty year armistice. It shall be a shame to the fate of humanity should France return in twenty years time upon conclusion of hostilities, with a silver-tongued megalomaniac, and bring Germany once again into a war; only because we did not show mercy.

Mercy is not just a human trait, it is something that God himself ordains upon mankind; show mercy, and do not trample upon our enemies' citizens; for they know not what they do. We can show the world the moral supremacy of the German Reich by being merciful and kind to our enemies; something that these barbarians seem to lack.

Romans 12:19 in the Bible says:
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

Let us heed the word of God, and show mercy.

Our demands already issued in the Großkriegesanforderungen des Deutschen Reiches (Great War Demands of the German Reich) upon the outbreak of this conflict shall be enough; let us satiate our thirst through that! ((Great War Capitulation is what that is))

Clarissa Rafanelli
KPD-Parteisführerin
Generalsekretärin des KPD-Arbeitersversammlung

((I don't know if we can add war goals to anybody other than the war leader if we are not the war leader. Can somebody check?))

Romans 12:19 in the Bible says:
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

((I swear, this is the least communist Communist Party in the history of communism. :p Mind you aren't overthrown!))

((Well remember this communism isn't the same as OTL; it was borne in the Hedjaz, and will no doubt have some influences from religion. That, and communism could also be seen in a Christian manner in many ways. The KPD doesn't adhere to militant atheism because of the fact that such things would, in all honesty, be unpopular, and the fact that religion would probably not be explicitly condemned in the Arabic-equivalent to the Communist Manifesto.))

I will start a vote of no confidence to this dangerous plan. Any attempt to gain more useless land for germany is ignorant of the true conditions of war and negotiation. The people of Germany will bleed for longer if we try and pursue new territories that do not even want us ruling them. Please, I urge you and all members of the Reichstag to reconsider, for the German people's sake.

If we are to seek further war however, the only outcome I can in good conscience suggest is the full disarmament of all parties involved. That, not taking land will keep them from attacking us. Taking land will only make them hate us more.

Memo from the Ministry of Finance
The State will completely fund army and construction stockpile and defence spending to defend the Republic from further destruction in this war. The State will also raise taxes first and foremost on the upper classes, then the middle class and then the lower classes to maintain a budget surplus.

((I don't know if we can add war goals to anybody other than the war leader if we are not the war leader. Can somebody check?))

((I swear, this is the least communist Communist Party in the history of communism. :p Mind you aren't overthrown!))

((Pretty sure you can add any war goals. Also remember that the UK war is technically a separate war))

I will start a vote of no confidence to this dangerous plan. Any attempt to gain more useless land for germany is ignorant of the true conditions of war and negotiation. The people of Germany will bleed for longer if we try and pursue new territories that do not even want us ruling them. Please, I urge you and all members of the Reichstag to reconsider, for the German people's sake.

If we are to seek further war however, the only outcome I can in good conscience suggest is the full disarmament of all parties involved. That, not taking land will keep them from attacking us. Taking land will only make them hate us more.

Herr Wouters,

Are you voting no confidence in Herr Schaumburg as Foreign Minister or simply objecting to his plan?

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Herr Wouters,

Are you voting no confidence in Herr Schaumburg as Foreign Minister or simply objecting to his plan?

I simply was voicing strong moral and ethical concerns against this plan. Perhaps I got a bit carried away, I apologise. Nonetheless, I must still urge the foreign minister to reconsider.
((I was under the impression you could vote no confidence against a specific plan and force them to make a new one... seems I was wrong. Don't want to to strain relations between parties.))

((No, you can definitely vote against a plan, and if your vote succeeds, they have to adjust the plan for the reason you stated or resign. I was simply making sure that you didn't prefer to boot Schaumburg out of office. What do you wish to accomplish -- getting rid of the plan or getting rid of the foreign minister?))

((No, you can definitely vote against a plan, and if your vote succeeds, they have to adjust the plan for the reason you stated or resign. I was simply making sure that you didn't prefer to boot Schaumburg out of office. What do you wish to accomplish -- getting rid of the plan or getting rid of the foreign minister?))
((Oh, right. In that case, I only want to get rid of the plan.))

All Assembly members are now required to vote for or against Herr Schaumburg's plan. All other plans are considered to have passed. Legislation may still be proposed, but must be proposed within 48 hours (Thursday at 10 PM), which is also the deadline for the Foreign Ministry plan's vote.