• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Speaking of the NLPD -- are you guys close to making your merger deal? I'd like to include it in the general election next update. Federalism still might have some bugs to work out, so we'll wait until it's proven before we move on that.

I would say DDA Conclave is, for staffing reasons, priority #1. We'll extend the timeline for making proposals since the Italian-German negotiations have been going on and holding things up.))

((Federalism thus far seems to work fine. I'll do a unified liberal-party run tomorrow when I get a chance; I've been under the weather and stressing out about life, health and stuff; and haven't had much time to toy with SoA.))

Reactions:
((Federalism thus far seems to work fine. I'll do a unified liberal-party run tomorrow when I get a chance; I've been under the weather and stressing out about life, health and stuff; and haven't had much time to toy with SoA.))

((Please don't rush on our account. Take your time and get well!))

Reactions:
I am pleased to announce the unification of the NLPD and the UAI into the unified German Liberal Party (or Liberal Party, or Deutschen Liberalepartei). We support Free Trade abroad, Lassiez-Faire economics at home, a Secularized government and nation, Full Citizenship for all those applicable and willing, and a stance of Pro-War for the military.

We also will protect the Federal region of Italy, but will not support further devolution of Germany into regions, nor further freedoms given to the Italian region.

Our (co-)leaders are the Honorable Walther Herwig, and myself, Johannes Carile, but after one of us retires from politics, or otherwise is unable to lead the party, it will revert to a singular leadership.

For a brighter, more democratic Germany than yesterday!

~Johannes Carile, Co-Leader of the German Liberal Party (or Liberal Party, or Deutschen Liberalepartei)

((Also, our policies, if not obvious from my post, are:

Trade Policy: Free Trade
Economic Policy: Lassiez-Faire
Religious Policy: Secularized
Citizenship Policy: Full Citizenship
War Policy: Pro-War))

Last edited:
Reactions:
((Deutschen Liberalepartei. I'll update my Federalist test with your new party and see if you just screwed yourself over. ;) ))

((Deutschen Liberalepartei. I'll update my Federalist test with your new party and see if you just screwed yourself over. ;) ))

((Thanks for the correction.))

E1IWuUp.png

((This is my latest federalist test; the Conservatives and Imperialists remain the largest bloc; and the Liberals are a bit wounded in the long-term as a result of the BP dropping anchor in another ideology.))

((The parties merging doesn't seem to have hurt us anymore than Federalists splitting off did, at least.))

soldier%202.JPG

Franz Ferdinand Schuttler during his military years

Name: Franz Ferdinand ''Bonebreaker'' Schuttler
Born: October 13th 1860
Party: Konservatieve Partei
House : Assembly
Religion: German Catholic
Birthplace: Nürnberg
Residence: Nürnberg
Biography : A very large man Nürnberg native, this man stands over 2 metres tall. In the various rebellions he fought against as a Republican soldier he served well and earned his nickname of ''Bonebreaker'' (For his practice of breaking bones while interrogating rebels and his mighty melee combat skills). He archieved the rank of Korporal before he resigned and joined politics. He was elected for his conservative standpoints. He is currently struggling to get into a comfortable seat as the Reichstag chairs are way to small for him to actually sit . Thus he is now demanding a front row seat so he can fold his legs over the bench and sit decently.

((I also just realized that my bill creating Republic Day was overlooked by the Chief Justice and was never voted on... @_@))

800px-Henri_Polak%2C_geschilderd_door_Johan_van_Caspel.jpg

A painting of Theodoor Linden, circa 1900

Name: Theodoor Linden
Born: February 2nd 1855
Party: DDA
House : Conclave, Stadtholder for Amsterdam
Religion: As little as possible thank you
Birthplace: Amsterdam, Holland
Residence: Nürnberg, while the Reichstag is in session

Biography : Theodoor Linden grew up amidst moderate wealth and excellent schooling in Amsterdam, a city to this day he is proud to call home. Having been surrounded all his life by evidence of the wealth provided by peaceful trade, Theodoor is proud to consider himself a pacifist and laissez faire proponent.
Initially the editor of a small newspaper for Amsterdam urbanites, Theodoor has now won office as Stadtholder of Amsterdam for the DDA under perhaps the oldest of political promises; lower taxes. He hopes to see the DDA wield influence once again, and stand against the hawkish, modern liberals and federalists who seek to spend German lives and tax marks.

Last edited:
((Hmm, you're gonna be the Stadtholder of Amsterdam; b/c the Stadtholder of Nuremburg is a hereditary title held by the Hohenzollerns.))

((Nürnberg stronk.))

((Admin hat on))

I'm going to be out of town from September 23 to September 28, so while I'll have access to the forum (possibly?) I won't have my build of Vicky 2 and therefore won't be able to play. My intent, as a result, is to go ahead and play tomorrow night. I don't want to rush a vote through, but we're going to hit another general election, so I think that's a great time for me to take a "break" of sorts. When I play tomorrow, I will have the UAI and NLPD merged but not Federalism as a separate ideology. We'll include that when I get back. I want to be 100% sure it won't totally screw over the liberals for all time before we implement it. We'll defer the Italy issue until after the general election, although the negotiations are finished.

If any ministers want to make any changes to existing plans, please do so ASAP. As for proposals, none this time around. I'll play around 10 PM tomorrow (-6 GMT).

Also, welcome to the iAAR, @Brettles ! I'm glad you've joined us. Also, welcome back to @DutchGuy -- anybody want to start a pool to see how long it takes for his character to end up dead or in prison? :p

Reactions:
((Admin hat on

I'm going to be out of town from September 23 to September 28, so while I'll have access to the forum (possibly?) I won't have my build of Vicky 2 and therefore won't be able to play. My intent, as a result, is to go ahead and play tomorrow night. I don't want to rush a vote through, but we're going to hit another general election, so I think that's a great time for me to take a "break" of sorts. When I play tomorrow, I will have the UAI and NLPD merged but not Federalism as a separate ideology. We'll include that when I get back. I want to be 100% sure it won't totally screw over the liberals for all time before we implement it. We'll defer the Italy issue until after the general election, although the negotiations are finished.

If any ministers want to make any changes to existing plans, please do so ASAP. As for proposals, none this time around. I'll play around 10 PM tomorrow (-6 GMT).

Also, welcome to the iAAR, @Brettles ! I'm glad you've joined us. Also, welcome back to @DutchGuy -- anybody want to start a pool to see how long it takes for his character to end up dead or in prison? :p
((In 1904 this character will be sidelined for Ferdinand's young son so bet before that date :p))

((Nice to see a new member of the DDA at last! Welcome, Brettles.))

Reactions:
URGENT NEWS BULLETIN

2 May 1894

The government of Ethiopia, recently embroiled in a crisis over colonies with Egypt, has come to Germany to seek German aid. The Foreign Ministry, Chancellor's office, and Office of the President preserved German neutrality in the original crisis because of the upcoming elections. They felt it improper to let whomever led the new government be saddled with a war they did not approve. However, now Ethiopia has openly invoked their alliance with us. This is no small war: in addition to Egypt's patron, the Byzantine Empire, France has also decided to support Egypt's claim to the colony.

We are in the midst of a Communist uprising in Italy as well. Although it is not serious, and the Gendarmerie assures the people of Germany that everything is under control, any significant troop movement to Italy to stop it might weaken our French frontier.

Should we decide not to support Ethiopia, it is almost a certainty that they will lose. This could present... opportunities for Germany in the future, as a weaker Ethiopia would open up Africa to German inroads. At the same time, we would lose our staunchest ally. If we decide to support Ethiopia, they will almost certainly win, and we might be able to weaken France by annexing more of their land. Either situation has benefits for Germany and also carries risks.

yw7R4O.jpg

CK0aNd.jpg

I have asked the Ethiopian government to wait until after the elections are finished, but they have insisted on a German declaration within the month. Therefore, I request the Foreign Ministry's response and the Reichstag's decision as soon as possible.

German Ambassador to Ethiopia

((For the purposes of any forthcoming vote, the NLPD and UAI are still separate and DutchGuy/Bretters are not seated in the Reichstag. @Dr.Livingstone has to respond first, however, and then the Reichstag may vote accordingly. Any information requests need to be in ASAP. The disputed area is Cyrenaica.

sraNpB.jpg

France's army is almost as large as ours -- 149 brigades to 185 -- but our tech level is slightly higher -- 19 military techs to 17. The Byzantines have another 104 brigades, but a tiny fleet (9 ships), so they should not present an issue, as I think most of it that is in South America. We have a larger and more advanced fleet than France. The other countries in the war are minors and not worth considering.

Ethiopia has 110 brigades and a small fleet of its own. It is the junior partner in all senses of the word.

One last point. If Dr. Livingstone elects not to assist Ethiopia, the Reichstag must replace him with a vote of no-confidence if they do wish to pursue a war. They cannot force the Foreign Minister to declare war. Similarly, this initial decision must be Dr. L's alone -- he cannot ask the Reichstag to decide for him.

So, it's all on you, Dr. Livingstone. :) Make your choice!))

Reactions:
((What does our army in Africa look like?))