• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gentlemen, such language is better suited for the Scottish Parliament, not our glorious Reichstag. Some of us actually care about how the government is run rather than just slinging insults back and forth. On that subject, I strongly urge against the further devolution of power to the Italian Parliament. Perhaps we cannot dissolve such a regional government, but giving it more power will only weaken the Reichstag. I think it would be more sensible to encourage the Italians to participate more in the Reichstag. If the Italians felt more invested in the decisions of the Reichstag, perhaps they would feel less inclined to favour decentralization.

- Eva von Vandenburg

Wilhelm Liebknecht has formally resigned from his seat as Stadtholder of Leipzig and has stepped down from the Communist Party leadership in order to pursue other fields; He has stated that he feels that there is not much he can do in the Reichstag at this point, as the liberal apparatus is dead-set on their reckless path, and that he "can't stand that incessant Meiningen anymore"; he states that he wants to do "more meaningful things with my life", and that continued participation in German politics was "driving him to an early grave". He has since begun a tour of Europe with his eldest son Karl to spread goodwill.

Leda_Rafanelli.jpg

Name: Clarissa Rafanelli-Askanier
Born: May 14, 1859 (age 31)
Party: Communist Party of Germany (KPD)
Religion: German Catholic
Conclave of Stadtholders
Birthplace: Turin
Residence: Turin

Mrs. Clarissa Rafanelli was born to Luigi and Maria Rafanelli on May 14, 1859 in Turin, a town in the Italian region of the German Republic. Her father was a proto-communist labourer and her mother was a devout Catholic schoolteacher. When she was 16, she married a former Askanier prince of the long-dead monarchy in Saxony, and after a short two year period, she and her husband returned to Turin. She was elected to the Conclave after the resignation of Wilhelm Liebknecht due to the vacancy on the Conclave.

Clarissa has followed in her father's footsteps, and joined the Communist Party after female suffrage was enacted into Germany. Because of Hermann von Leute's status as an unknown, and the expulsion of Heinrich von Silesia-Glogau, the Arbeitersversammlung had no choice but to grant the young Italian woman leadership of the party, at least for the time being. She is a known opponent of the Italian parliament, but accepts it "as matter of fact" but believes it should, eventually, be reversed.

Last edited:
An italian nationalist marches in the Reichstag and says the following :

Viva il Grande Repubblica italiana! Dalla Sicilia alla Danimarca! Morte per la Germania e il popolo tedesco infeririori (Long live the Greater Italian Republic ! From Sicily to Denmark ! Death to Germany and its inferior People !

He then quickly marches out , climbs in the flagmast and tries to replace the German flag with the Italian flag before being caught by the Gendarmerie

An italian nationalist marches in the Reichstag and says the following :

Viva il Grande Repubblica italiana! Dalla Sicilia alla Danimarca! Morte per la Germania e il popolo tedesco infeririori (Long live the Greater Italian Republic ! From Sicily to Denmark ! Death to Germany and its inferior People !

He then quickly marches out , climbs in the flagmast and tries to replace the German flag with the Italian flag before being caught by the Gendarmerie

((And that, boys and girls, is metagaming))

Reactions:
((And that, boys and girls, is metagaming))

((I'm ignoring it, but my IC stays the same.))

The Italian Experiment is a failure. Growing political overreaching that is not addressed by the Liberal Cabal results in acts of political terrorism against the German State and it's laws. It must come to an end. Germany must reabsorb it's Lombard cousins into the fold and remove any pretense of allowing such a destabilising movement like "Italian culture" to disrupt the stability of the state.

((I'm ignoring it, but my IC stays the same.))

The Italian Experiment is a failure. Growing political overreaching that is not addressed by the Liberal Cabal results in acts of political terrorism against the German State and it's laws. It must come to an end. Germany must reabsorb it's Lombard cousins into the fold and remove any pretense of allowing such a destabilising movement like "Italian culture" to disrupt the stability of the state.

And this is exactly why our Italian citizens need autonomy.

-Herr Liberator

And this is exactly why our Italian citizens need autonomy.

-Herr Liberator

So that they can create their own state, destroy the sanctity of Germany, and lay our history to waste?

I must respectfully disagree with the sentiments of Signore Meiningen and the idea that all Italians desire some form of autonomy from the rest of Germany. I remember my childhood and I must say that I have never in my life felt the need to seperate myself and my people from that of the central Reichstag.

Italy shouldn't be elevated to a special position because we're different. We are just as much citizens and participants in this state as all others who live underneath it's banner, and I really do not see the point of creating a system where Italians are systematically "seperate" from Germany; it will do more to hurt the standing of me and my ethnic group in the Republic than not. I respectfully ask that the Reichstag at least consider revisions to the Italian Parliament system, or remove it outright. We must create a brotherly bond of nations, not separation and loathing.

All across Turin and the Piemonte region, I see a land of beauty, that should be one with her German brethren, not separate and treated as such.

As well, I thank the people of Turin for electing me to the Conclave of Stadtholders; we shall do weighty work together as brother and sister comrades.

Lavoratori di tutto il mondo, unitevi!

Signed,
Clarissa Rafanelli, Lady Askanier
Turin, Piemonte
Leader of the Communist Party

Revisions to Foreign Policy:
1. In an effort to gain allies world wide, the Foreign Ministry will attempt to broker an alliance with Canada.
((Get relations up to 200 and ally w/ Canada))
2. While Herr Menigen's Statement regarding an alliance with France is an interesting one, the Foreign Ministry instead suggests a less radical action at the present time. We must try to normalize relations with French Nation.
((If we are below 0, get relations up to 50.))
3. This unprovoked aggression by the Byzantine Empire will not go unanswered! The Foreign Ministry demands a formal apology from the Government of Byzantine!
((Get relations below 50 if we aren't already.))

Last edited:
There will be no changes to the finance plan.

-Friedrick Thiessen

A figure cloaked entirely in black enters the Reichstag. He -- and it is clear that the person is a "he" by the timbre of the voice -- speaks very quietly, and most of the Reichstag has to strain to hear him. After a few moments of frustration, an assistant brings him an unusual device, called a microphone, designed to amplify an individual's device, much to the consternation of the Reichstag. He has a clear limp.

Men and women of the Reichstag, particularly Herr Wouters:

My name is Hermann von Leute. Of course, as Herr Wouters insinuated, that is not the name I was born with. However, to satisfy your inane desire for rules and regulations, I have official documentation that my name has been legally altered. I am here today to address the charges of those in the Reichstag that I am not a real person, or that my biographical information is falsified or somehow inaccurate. It is, to the best of my knowledge, correct. I am approximately thirty years of age and my birthplace is, as far as I know, Harper. I was born an orphan, so you will forgive me if I cannot precisely identify who my parents were. My decision to conceal my name is deliberate. I was unusually large, even as an adolescent, and I was initially full of patriotic fervor during the Anglo-German War. One advantage of not having parents is that joining the army, even if your age is questionable, is an easily accomplished feat. I fought with distinction, according to my commanders, and I have commendations under my birth name. I was shot in the leg in the waning days of the war and was transferred to the capital to recuperate. Even to this day, I cannot walk properly.

The injuries to my throat occurred during the fighting in the capital during Ferdinand von Hohenzollern's rebellion. I am ashamed to admit I fought against a man I came to regard as a visionary. His men fought like wild animals, with the bravery and savagery that the working class demands of its champions. One of them slashed my throat, but his blade was dull and he could not finish the slice. Again, I returned to the hospital and learned how to speak again. I was unable to continue serving as a soldier, so I was discharged. With no family, I wandered the streets, homeless. The army at least taught me how to read, and I read Ferdinand's manifesto a few years after I fought him, and it forever changed me.

You men and women, fat with wealth, earned by the sweat of the true Germans, toiling in factories or in the fields, disgust me. You speak of "honoring the minorities" while you offer pitiful scraps to the real majority of Germans: the peasant and the proletarian, the soldier and the sailor. Who cares if Italians are properly represented by a government that truly represents no one? I do not see a single farmer among your number. Soldiers and sailors are in short supply. Herr Wouters was born into a life of privilege. Herr von Bavel-Timmermans became that most morally bankrupt of all bourgeoisie, a lawyer. The new leader of my own party, the KPD, married into the nobility, an institution as archaic as it is corrupt. I will not speak of the plutocrats that fill every other party; I do not have hours to speak.

To the ex-Chancellor, Franz Meningen -- let us stop worrying about liberating Italians, or Frenchmen, or the Dutch, or whomever you favor today but will forget tomorrow: let us begin by liberating Germany. Give the working class the dignity it deserves. Let Germany be a shining beacon to all who seek the freedom to work however they choose, wherever they choose, for whomever they choose, and to take the fruits of their labor home to their families. Not to government bureaucrats. Not to monarchists. Not to the useless parasites, sucking out the blood of the toiler.

I will fight tirelessly, with every fiber of my being, and all the means at my disposal, to promote the interests of the people of Germany, even if it means living in a cesspool of decadence and decay.

At your service,
Hermann von Leute, Assemblyman for Harper

I don't understand how me marrying somebody who hasn't been a nobleman for generations means I don't understand the plight of the working class. My husband's status is of no concern to you, Comrade von Leute. If you were so sure if your crusade against nobility, why do you still bear the "von" in your name, like a man of nobility?

That being said, I remain the daughter of a Turin labourer, and that shall not change no matter who I am married to.

- Clarissa Rafanelli

A clerk reminds Hermann von Leute that Ferdinand von Hohenzollern himself is the dejure heir to the Imperial Throne and a noble himself , as well as Comrade Heinrich IV von Silesia-Glogau ..

I don't understand how me marrying somebody who hasn't been a nobleman for generations means I don't understand the plight of the working class. My husband's status is of no concern to you, Comrade von Leute. If you were so sure if your crusade against nobility, why do you still bear the "von" in your name, like a man of nobility?

That being said, I remain the daughter of a Turin labourer, and that shall not change no matter who I am married to.

- Clarissa Rafanelli

Perhaps, Ma'am, it is simply a means of demonstrating that the gentlemen is, in fact, "of the people". Unfortunately ironic in its connotations, perhaps, but it is a clear message.

~ G. A. Servatius van Kloetinge​

- Clarissa Rafanelli

Comrade Rafanelli,

My name is, of course, a pseudonym, as Herr von Kloetinge pointed out. It is there for grammatical purposes, I assure you. As far as your service in the KPD, may I remind you that you are a newcomer, and that we cannot judge you fairly as a politician until you have proven yourself. As the clerk so kindly reminded me, Ferdinand von Hohenzollern, a man I considered my idol, was also of noble birth, but he proved himself a champion of the working class by word and deed.

Hermann von Leute

A clerk reminds Hermann von Leute that Ferdinand von Hohenzollern himself is the dejure heir to the Imperial Throne and a noble himself , as well as Comrade Heinrich IV von Silesia-Glogau ..

((Ferdinand is, at best, third in line right now. Ferdinand was Michael's nephew, not his son; the moment Konrad Friedrich was born, he became heir, as befits the normal state of primogeniture. Erich, Konrad's son, is the current heir to the throne, so Ferdinand is the heir to the heir to the throne.))

Comrade Rafanelli,

My name is, of course, a pseudonym, as Herr von Kloetinge pointed out. It is there for grammatical purposes, I assure you. As far as your service in the KPD, may I remind you that you are a newcomer, and that we cannot judge you fairly as a politician until you have proven yourself. As the clerk so kindly reminded me, Ferdinand von Hohenzollern, a man I considered my idol, was also of noble birth, but he proved himself a champion of the working class by word and deed.

Hermann von Leute

((Ferdinand is, at best, third in line right now. Ferdinand was Michael's nephew, not his son; the moment Konrad Friedrich was born, he became heir, as befits the normal state of primogeniture. Erich, Konrad's son, is the current heir to the throne, so Ferdinand is the heir to the heir to the throne.))
((He is the last son of Albrecht and views his claim as the better one he was cheated out of by the death of his father by an assasin..No matter what you say that opinion will stick around in his mind:D ))