• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Bundespartei once more demonstrates their unnatural defense of a man whose sole goal is to see the unraveling of the German Republic. To pilot a course of needless aggression against states entirely off of hearsay rumors of oppression is unforgivable because of the fact that it will kill Germany before it benefits. And what shall happen once we have made enough of a change in the balance of power of Europe? It shall be seen that every nation that exists in the Great Powers, and in Europe, shall turn on Germany with force of arms and shall see to it that we are destroyed, and Nürnberg converted into a field for their merriment.

The Bundespartei exhibits the most dangerous courses of German liberalism, and should be ashamed of itself for piloting such a dangerous and risky course that shall endanger the lives of German sons, daughters, men, women and fellow comrades. Franz Meiningen's foreign policy is an insult to that of the honorable Otto von Bismarck, who as Außenminister (before becoming Reichskanzler) piloted a period of German history of cautious optimism, and helped usher in one of Germany's finest hours. Despite being pressured by Imperialist and Liberal alike to strike war against her neighbors to "free" or to subjugate the people of those states, he remained firm and refused to recommend war, and as Chancellor, he was pious in his neutral guidance. We have found no such things from this government, nor from the Bundespartei.

I find it ironic, and yet a testament to the failures of the liberast ideology, that the Communist Party and the peoples of Germany who follow the works of the Manifesto, would rather ally with Conservatives and Reactionaries, enemies of the revolution by their right-wing teachings of capitalism, exploitation and hegemony, than the Liberals, who have shown no respect for the balance of power, and for the need to stay your hand sometimes. I cannot even believe that the Liberals put up with such a failure of a party participating in their government, and I cannot believe the German people would put up with such a failure of a government and party participating in the political process. I can only say that even Comrade Altmark would make for a more reliable Foreign Ministry than that of Comrade Meiningen and his Italian biases. It is a disgrace to Germany.

I see nothing more to say other than I expressly urge the Reichspräsident to dissolve the government and order new elections as this government is nothing more than a mess, and a disgrace to the Reich.

Arbeitnehmer in Deutschland, vereinigt euch!

Lang lebe Deutschland,
Wilhelm Liebknecht
Parteisführer, KPD

D6vWaP7.png

Statement from the Office of the Reichpräsident
Despite the concers raised by Herr Wilhelm Liebknecht, the Reichpräsident of the German Republic does not find it necessary at this time to intervene and give the Reichstag time to solve out the problem itself. The Reichspräsident of the German Republic will, in this problematic affair, intervene if it either gets too much out of hand, if there is a stalemate or if the Kanzler wants to call new elections.

Expect updates from the Office of the Reichpräsident

~ Konrad von Schwaben, Reichspräsident of the German Republic

I oppose the vote of no confidence.

-Friedrick Thiessen

...I can only say that even Comrade Altmark would make for a more reliable Foreign Ministry than that of Comrade Meiningen and his Italian biases. It is a disgrace to Germany....

Here Here! I move that I immediately be appointed as Minister of Foreign Affairs.

I must protest this wanton aggression! Sending the people of Germany to die is liberal? It is despicable! We do not need to conscript 300,000 German fathers and sons to fight for Comrade Meiningen's blood-thirst for false liberation. Leave these men to fight in the factories, and in the fields.

Can Germany even afford 100 new brigades? Can we afford to send 300,000 men into the Reichswehr? What will suffer? German industry? German agriculture? Does Germany have a wealth of gold we're sitting on to subsidize this? Will the tax payer be forced to shoulder the burden of Meiningen's war plans? What about the resources absorbed by 100 new brigades? The German people should not give up their food, clothing, and goods to the Army to fund a war that is asinine at best.

I shall not pay a pfennig in war taxes, and I encourage every patriotic German to do the same. We shall not be lead into the darkness by a lunatic, intent on driving a war between us and Poland.

- Liebknecht

Last edited:
I for one would like to welcome Herr Liebknecht to the Imperialist Party as the convenor of our new left wing, and support his recommendation for the elevation of Herr von Altmark instead of that blight upon our Government that is our current Foreign Minister.

I for one would like to welcome Herr Liebknecht to the Imperialist Party as the convenor of our new left wing, and support his recommendation for the elevation of Herr von Altmark instead of that blight upon our Government that is our current Foreign Minister.

I may be a Communist, and an advocate of the working man, but I am still a patriotic German until the day the last breath draws from my lungs.

I note for the consideration of my fellows that the Foreign Minister's plan was duly and democratically passed by the Assembly in accordance with the Constitution.

And I am a member of the Conclave, and a member of the Reichstag, and therefore entitled to make clear my objection to any such plans made by Comrade Meiningen therein. I never voted for any such plans for a war, and therefore, refuse to partake in the waging of such a crass war.

I would like to point out that no declaration of war has yet been made, when it is time for such a declaration to be made the Conclave shall hold a vote on the matter as the Constitution mandates.

I must protest this wanton aggression! Sending the people of Germany to die is liberal? It is despicable! We do not need to conscript 300,000 German fathers and sons to fight for Comrade Meiningen's blood-thirst for false liberation. Leave these men to fight in the factories, and in the fields.

Can Germany even afford 100 new brigades? Can we afford to send 300,000 men into the Reichswehr? What will suffer? German industry? German agriculture? Does Germany have a wealth of gold we're sitting on to subsidize this? Will the tax payer be forced to shoulder the burden of Meiningen's war plans? What about the resources absorbed by 100 new brigades? The German people should not give up their food, clothing, and goods to the Army to fund a war that is asinine at best.

I shall not pay a pfennig in war taxes, and I encourage every patriotic German to do the same. We shall not be lead into the darkness by a lunatic, intent on driving a war between us and Poland.

- Liebknecht

Germany actually is sitting on a wealth of gold in a metaphorical sense. We are prospering like we never have before so we can easily afford new soldiers.

Not standing up to wanton Polish aggression would hurt our economy in the long run because we would be shut out of Africa's markets. I hear that the Dark Continent contains many rich resources.

The Supreme Court feels the situation regarding the no confidence vote is too heated, and is suspending voting until the next session of the Reichstag.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

((Otherwise we have to delay another day or two before I can update. :) Update should be up within an hour or 90 minutes.))

((Hype!))

1884: Germania rules the waves?

Almost the minute after the election of 1884 finished, the Bundespartei wasted no time in making serious changes. Party leader and new Foreign Minister Franz Meningen sponsored a bill giving considerable autonomy to Italy, angering conservatives throughout Germany, at which point he also proposed military action against Poland to free the Toucouleur Empire, which horrified the radicals of Germany. One member of the Bundespartei, Heinrich IV von Silesia-Glogau, broke ranks with the party and set himself up as an independent in the Conclave. Axel Wouters of the DSU, who felt betrayed by the originally progressive platform the Bundespartei had proposed, called for a vote of no-confidence in Meningen's warmongering. A surprising ally for Wouters was Stadtholder Fritz von Hohenzollern, the former Foreign Minister, who had his own reasons for opposing Meningen. As a result of the constant public bickering, German plans regarding Poland were discovered almost immediately.

IAIb4O.jpg

f218gg.jpg

Meningen's foreign policy did bear some immediate fruit; Kurland, Denmark, and Azerbaijan became commercial partners with Germany, while the embassies in Benin and Egypt were instructed to minimize Ethiopian and British influence in their respective countries, possibly to detach them from their parent countries. The Second Italian Home Rule Act bore some domestic fruit, as the people of Ravenna loudly proclaimed their allegiance to Germany while maintaining their freedom as Italians. Savoie, on the other hand, refused to assimilate, angry that French citizens had not received an analogous bill or rights as the Italians in Germany. Ministry of the Interior officials were advised to quietly turn the other way rather than risk agitating a more open break.

ZlQb6I.jpg

SQL5Mm.jpg

The laboratories of Germany were busy too, as plans for a new generation of Steel Steamers and Fire Control Systems resulted in a new, fearsome behemoth on the high seas: the battleship. These new vessels were incredibly powerful and could take tremendous punishment. Best of all, all indications were that Germany alone had them. Ironclads continued to be launched on a monthly basis, and the Ministry of War's 25 ship construction plan had already added eleven new transports and five new ironclads. Three more ironclads were scheduled to have their keels laid down in early to mid 1885, but the very promising battleship designs might derail that particular program.

TPdfbu.jpg

Not every politician or German was enthused at such an extensive building program. Elements in the DSU and KPD started to agitate for a higher minimum wage for the working class, pointing to more developed programs in France and Great Britain as evidence that a high minimum wage would not be a serious problem. A long list of closed or bankrupt factories and a fair number of unemployed workers, reaching over 7% in Transdanubia, convinced some of the wealthier factory owners that such a program might not be such a bad idea. The Greater German Business Alliance continued to push for pro-business reforms, including an increased minimum wage, as to way to start mobilizing their employees against the threat that the KPD and DSU presented. Minor reforms now, they reasoned, were better than the overthrow of the government tomorrow.

p9jOxp.jpg

dQZ5um.jpg

4UScDt.jpg

The Supreme Court, on New Year's Day 1885, opened the annual session of the Reichstag, expecting a number of new bills to be proposed and the continuation of the vote of no-confidence of Franz Meningen.
=====================================================================​
Voting for the no-confidence measure may continue immediately; those who have already voted need not vote again. In addition, new legislation may be proposed for 48 hours (until Wednesday at 10 PM, -6 GMT), at which time voting will begin then. The postponed proposition for the new pro-business package sponsored by the Greater German Business League will be on the docket, as well as a bill submitted by a KPD Assemblyman seeking to promote an extension of Germany's minimum wage laws.

Reactions:
I do wish my KPD man in the Assembly would have informed me of his plans to introduce legislation reforming minimum wages... I shall have to speak to him about speaking to the party leader to ensure we're all on the same page. That being said, I shall of course support raising the minimum wage; every German worker is entitled to a decent, livable wage. To deny them this is unfit of a nation of freedom.

Anyway, I propose the following bills to the Reichstag.

Apennine Integration Act (AIA)

Article I. UNDERSTANDING of the disastrous, misguided devolution of political powers to the Lombard ethnic group on the Apennine Peninsula (defined as all of Germany south of the Alps), the Reichstag of the German Republic resolves and ratifies the following.

Article II. Upon ratification of this bill, the ' Second Italian Home Rule ' act shall be declared null, void and completely repealed with the fullest extent in which it may be repealed. The Presidency of Italy shall be immediately dissolved, and the Parliament established by the Italian Home Rule Act shall be henceforth immediately dissolved.

Article III. The Reichstag may not, at any time after the ratification of this bill, be permitted to devolve the powers of parliament to ethnic groups or specific regions of the Republic without a UNANIMOUS agreement by all standing members of the Conclave of Stadtholders and the Assembly.

Article IV. The Minority Commission shall be reformed to include two representatives from each minority ethnic group in Germany. This Commission shall not have the force of law, but shall, annually, deliver to the Reichstag of the German Republic an update on any grievances, concerns or problems being faced by the ethnic groups of Germany. All members of the Minority Commission shall be appointed by the Reichspräsident and Reichskanzler, and be confirmed by a majority (half plus one vote) in both the Assembly, and the Conclave.

With understanding, thusly ratifies the APENNINE INTEGRATION ACT.

National Flag Act

Article I. Upon ratification of this bill, the German flag, which shall be flown from all government institutions, classrooms, and any other government-funded institutions or locations, shall become as follows:

87yeiKo.png

Article II. All persons currently incarcerated for flag-related crimes, shall be granted amnesty.

Article III. A version of the flag, with no coat of arms on it, shall also be considered a proper flag of Germany, but shall not be flown from government institutions as a symbol of the state, as seen below.

n65h6XC.png

Article IV. The flag flown from all ships of the German Navy (Reichsmarine) to indicate loyalty and the sovereignty of the German Republic shall be as proposed. ((This flag does not appear in-game at all))

8asOoqM.png

With understanding, thusly ratifies the NATIONAL FLAG ACT.

I am proud to see that Italian Home Rule has already produced beneficial results and borne fruit. The people of Ravenna have expressed more dedication to the Republic thanks to their increased representation, exactly the outcome our party had foreseen.

I am also overjoyed to see our influence spreading across the world thanks to the Foreign Ministry plan. Now let us free the people of Africa from Polish tyranny!

-Herr Liberator