• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also support our allies.

FM

I vote in favor of aiding of our ally.

Despite not having a vote, I am in favor of supporting our ally.

I vote for execution and may others learn from this example.

Adolf von Arnim-Boitzenburg

I agree to financial support for Ethiopia; I'm glad we didn't offer to send naval support since we don't really have a navy.

((I cannot see the acronym GUK without thinking of the Glavnoe Upravlenie Korablestroenniya -- Chief Directorate of Shipbuilding, which was in charge of building ships from 1911 to 1918. I am fairly certain that I am the only person on these forums that has this problem.

If you're a lurker, or already have a character and want to make a change, we haven't had an active member of the DDA in the Conclave in a long time. After this particular election cycle is finished, I'm going to initiate another purge of inactive members -- we've got two people born in 1800, for example, who haven't been on the forum in ages.))

None who died were truly innocent, von Hohenzollern? It seems Arnaud Amalric has as much a place in your heart as Karl Marx.

Kill him, then, for God knows His own. ((For execution. I can't think of a good in-character segue, so Support Ethiopia as well.))

((Six for execution, three for mercy. That might be as good as we'll get, but since we need more Conclave votes for the DOW, we still have time.))

I am, naturally, against any war.

~G. A. Servatius van Kloetinge​

I am for the war I would further like to express thanks fro the understanding from our ally that allows us to spare our military resources during this time of rebuilding.

The Ministry of Finance hereby announces that it will lower the negative tariffs, until it reaches 0%, that is currently active to pay for any war and humanitarian subsidies the Foreign Office seeks to supply to our honourable and faithfully ally, the Empire of Ethiopia, if a budget deficit presents itself. If this extra capital fails to secure a balanced budget, either due to the war and humanitarian subsidies of the Foreign Office or due to any other project of Cabinet-Von Schwaben II, the Ministry of Finance will increase taxes according to the idea of progressive tax, until a balanced budget is secured.

Franz von Bavel-Timmermans, Minister of Finance, Leader of the DSU in the Conclave of Stadtholders

The Ministry of War proposes an emergency appropriation for the construction of some badly needed steam transports. All European naval bases that are not actually building an Ironclad shall construct steam transports until a total of 20 new ships have been constructed. New ships shall gather at Hamburg and join with existing transports and commerce raiders to form the Transport Fleet.

Hals Gutfreund

((If this is not an appropriate time for this action, please consider it deferred until the earliest opportunity))

((and, what is the carrying capacity of a steam transport?))

((and, what is the carrying capacity of a steam transport?))

((Should be one brigade. So, 20 transports could carry 20 brigades, or about 60,000 troops.))