• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Is it too late to join))

Name: Dieter Von Jacobi
Date of birth: June 14th 1822
Place of birth: Potsdam
Party affliction: Alliance
Bio: son of the great mathematician Carl Gustav Jacob Jacobi, Dieter always felt the need to go past his fathers success and make a name for himself. Although he was always good in many areas of schooling and economics he always felt a need to go in to politics. He needed to show that he can enhance his family's name and step out of his fathers shadow, his goal wasn't money or fame but for the people to go the way of the alliance.

((FYI: Carl Jacobi was my Great, great , great, great grandfather and I thought why not put my actual grey great great grandfather in thier for fun))

Last edited:
Name: Dieter Von Jacobi
Date of birth: June 14th 1822
Place of birth: Potsdam
Party affliction: The Alliance
Bio: son of the great mathematician Carl Gustav Jacob Jacobi, Dieter always felt the need to go past his fathers success and make a name for himself. Although he was always good in many areas of schooling and economics he always felt a need to go in to politics. He needed to show that he can enhance his family's name and step out of his fathers shadow, his goal wasn't money or fame but for the people to go the way of the alliance.

((FYI: Carl Jacobi was my Great, great , great, great grandfather and I thought why not put my actual grey great great grandfather in thier for fun))

((That's pretty awesome! Only one question -- Assembly or Conclave?))

((Dieter Von Jacobi is of the conclave))

Last edited:
What are the open votes at the moment

((None. You also have no voting privileges until after the next update anyways. Hopefully come tomorrow or some time this weekend.))

((Ok thank you very much, I didn't relise))

((Sweet as))

1855: The Bulgarian Crisis

After a joke made by Chief of Staff Unger nearly got him arrested, he was allowed to manage the war against Pomerania with relatively little interference.

ct1d.jpg

It was a masterpiece of military simplicity; with only three provinces to Pomerania’s name, it was hardly a serious threat to Germany. The western armies received new engineering brigades – 10 of them to start – while the navy received a long awaited upgrade. 16 Steam Transports (to replace the losses from the war against France) and 10 new Commerce Raiders (to replace the frigates) were laid down, and given preliminary status as a new fleet, pending the final decision of the Minister of War.

The battle of Kolberg was surprisingly bloody for Germany, as a result of the thick forests, but a clear victory which effectively eliminated all resistance.

n7atx.jpg

The first revolution across the Atlantic showed how far Marx and the Jacobins could reach, as the Byzantine Empire fell to revolutionaries.

qlpz.jpg

The Byzantines were a long way away, however, and the success of Germany in Pomerania was complete by 4 May.

xe94.jpg

0e5dv.jpg

Germans looked with sympathy at Castille’s struggles against France, despite the sums offered to maintain their armies. The Jacobin revolution in France did not, sadly, nullify French gains already made, and there was a very high likelihood that Castille would be forced to surrender their gains from the past two wars.

y2izc.jpg

Norway went bankrupt, and cancelled all their debts with Germany. A few of the more reactionary politicians demanded war to enforce German policy, but Foreign Minister Michael von Hohenzollern steadfastly refused. “I promised no more wars, and no more wars is what Germany shall have, unless some fool attacks us.” A crisis in Pegu Ayutthaya went by without notice, as the Foreign Minister deemed it unnecessary and against German interests to intervene so far away. [1]

Then Bulgaria erupted. The Bulgarian government pleaded for German aid, as the Jacobins threatened to overthrow them (and end the lucrative trade and political arrangement that existed between the two nations). With an army still in Bulgaria, where it had remained since the war with the Byzantines, the Foreign Minister made a snap decision to come to Bulgaria’s aid. [2]

dy6m.jpg

Pausing only to sign a new Treaty of Friendship and Economic Partnership with Brittany, the Foreign Minister telegraphed General Jakob von Zahringen to move to Bulgaria’s aid as soon as he could.

hzon.jpg

While the rebels’ army was destroyed, the Bulgarian government panicked, perhaps threatened by the Hungarian revolution next door.

130xz.jpg

They capitulated. Michael von Hohenzollern made the best of it he could.

bxh8.jpg

While Michael von Hohenzollern was occupied by events abroad, the delicate political consensus forged within the Republic began to break down. Two separate incidents – one in Campania, and another in Bourgogne – both resulted in “deplorable but unavoidable” civilian casualties. Interior Minister von Altmark proclaimed that “it is better to have a few rioters put down now than to see a revolution here.”

3m3e.jpg

qehn.jpg

Attempts by European leaders to “calm Germany down” were flatly refused by the Foreign Minister, who said that “Germany’s business is Germany’s alone. See to your own pathetic ‘Empires.’”

The German economy continued to chug along, unimpeded by all the talk of revolution or disturbances. The government invested considerable sums to modernize a handful of factories, and to install a more thorough system of keeping factories running, even when workers were busy with other things.

2jsa.jpg

Minister of Education Carlo Brunelli was so pleased with the progress of German industry that he authorized funding for a new program of philosophy teaching. “Far too many Germans do not know how to read, or how to question their government,” he said during a speech. “We must pursue a very clear policy of finding out what works, what does not, and to discard all which is not Functional.”

All of these new policies and investments were very expensive, however, with the German treasury dipping below £300,000 for the first time in over 25 years.

9v11.jpg

The war against Pomerania was also very odd. For some reason, our CB vanished (despite our cores being there), so I had Pomerania DOW us and just added the wargoal to annex them. So, we have 22 infamy at the moment that we really shouldn’t, but meh, nothing we can do.

[1] The Byzantines did back one side, but it really doesn’t make sense to worry about the other side of the world.

[2] If that army hadn’t been there, I probably wouldn’t have done it. Hurray for my forgetfulness?

Jack LEagle, I wasn’t totally sure about the numbers, but you can see what I did above. Every army on the French border has their engineering brigade, as does at least one army on the Polish border. I've also got the fleet moving to pick up that last army trapped in Bulgaria.

Idhrendur, all the railroads are already being built.

So… any and all new proposals are welcome! Welcome to the AAR, BTW, Jacobi-99 and Mikkel Gladher; you’re officially eligible to vote!

((Wait, another Jacobin Revolution in France? Dammit Frenchmen, get it right the first time!))

It would seem the Old Roman Empire has joined us in the blessings of good government. I suggest that this is an excellent opportunity to increase our influence not only in Anatolia but also in their New World colonies. We allowed the chance of friendship with the French Republic to pass through our fingers; we should not do the same for the Roman Republic.

The defecit is large to the point of it being a joke at current rates we have about 10 days of funds reamining I have secured banks who would loan us another 10 days of funds but after that we will be begging other nation states to loan us money at exorbant rates. As such I order the muntions purchasing of all armed forces to be halved as we are no longer at war with anyone. I also beg the other ministers to vastly lower their rates of purchase as we are depleting the market of many fulfil the orders of my fellow ministers creating a price spike. Should the deficit not be brought under control than I will be forced to order a harsh tax increase to slow the bleeding of our treasury.
((-1700 a day. We good sirs have hit the bottom of the barrel))

((-1700 a day. We good sirs have hit the bottom of the barrel))

((*17500 a day))

von Altmarks shrugs

It is not my ministry that is causing this mess.

I agree with my party member Dominik, that we must do something to strenghen the economy of the republic. Maybe something about raising the tax and lower the maintanance of our army. They have won the wars that needs to be won, and is far to expensive to maintain. I suggest we cut down on our military personal, and give the German population some peacetime they have deserved.