• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote nay on the war. Let us defeat the French, then the wayward Pomeranians.

I as well vote aye to the annexation of Champagne. Greater glory is greater glory after all.

In case it is not clear, I find the behaviour of Herr von Altmark quite dishonourable. First, he refused to duel Herr Brunelli. Now, he orders the arrest of Herr von Habsburg and the Minister of the Interior! I formally request that an inquiry be opened (after the conclusion of the war) to find out whether von Altmark is capable of holding his Ministry. Also, I petition that Dr. Fellman be immediaty released, as the charges against him are outrageous and clearly false.

~Friedrich von Hohenstaufen

EDIT: I also vote yea for the addition of wargoals in our war with France.

In an act befitting of the absurdity playing out in the Reichstag, the really very conservative member of the Reichstag suddenly expires, slumping into a ruddy, corriaceous mass of girth. The event is noticed by no one, aside from a decidedly relived batman, and the corpse continues to be treated to a provincial xenophobic tirade from its neighbour for a considerable period of time.

In case it is not clear, I find the behaviour of Herr von Altmark quite dishonourable. First, he refused to duel Herr Brunelli. Now, he orders the arrest of Herr von Habsburg and the Minister of the Interior! I formally request that an inquiry be opened (after the conclusion of the war) to find out whether von Altmark is capable of holding his Ministry. Also, I petition that Dr. Fellman be immediaty released, as the charges against him are outrageous and clearly false.

~Friedrich von Hohenstaufen

EDIT: I also vote yea for the addition of wargoals in our war with France.

He will be released pending that his innocence is found by a court of law. I do my duty Herr Prince, nothing less.

((DB, it got dull here, trying to liven it up a little in the old fashion FoE genre of things))

I see we are all squabbling like children again. While I am loathe to support any calls for arrest and the like simply because of disagreements, I must support Herr Bismarck's call for von Habsburg to be dismissed from the Reichstag. It is one thing to argue and make claims of treason, but to flee the Reichstag and go into hiding is surely a sign of guilt. No truly innocent man would do such an act.

Also I must note an administrative error that has been made. I am currently a member of the Assembly and I voted against Dr. Fellman's proposal, so it was not "unanimous". I doubt it will affect the outcome of the vote, but the records should be corrected so certain members of the Reichstag will not misuse such information to further their misguided cause. ((Avindian, I don't know if you missed my vote or included me in the Conclave, so I thought it best to point it out.))

As for the important matter of the war with the French, I agree that we claim Champagne to weaken the French. I also vote yes to war with Pomerania. All Germans must be reunited with the fatherland so they can share in its wealth and glory.

((And LOL Denseylblair :p))

((Grazie.))

((DB, it got dull here, trying to liven it up a little in the old fashion FoE genre of things))

((Oh, I have nothing against that. Indeed, I'm all for livening stuff up. I just needed a convenient way to rid myself of my conservative caricature and spied an opportunity for some absurdist comedy (with a Blackadder reference hidden in there for good measure...) :)))

((Oh lord, this is all getting so absurd. I love it. :p))

Maximillian von Vandenburg falls out of his seat at the sound of a gunshot. He slowly recovers his composure, acting as though nothing happened.

This is getting out of hand! Now members of the Reichstag are committing suicide because of these ridiculous disputes. This should be common sense, but I must propose that all members of the Reichstag be forbidden to bear weapons in this establishment. We don't need a murder on our hands, which I feel is bound to happen next at this rate. ((I don't know if we need an actual amendment for this, but I think all the shooting within the Reichstag is a bit much.))

Nay to taking land we have no claim to in violation of all principles of sound governance, nay to a war merely to make our influence over Pomeranians slightly more solid, and nay to the expulsion of Signor D'Absburgo.

Has a madness infected these chambers of government!? Are we to safeguard the lives of our colleagues by declaring them to no longer be so at the slightest disagreement with the Minister of the Interior? Are we ever to be free of hearing the accusation of traitor fly on the slimmest of pretexts?

Let brash action not undo the bonds of brotherhood and friendship that binds this republic. Let the truth come to light before sentence rendered.

Guglielmo d'Absburgo, Seeing that Germany has become a dictatorship and his chanches at staying alive are low,takes the easy way out,grabbing his new Colt model Pistol and shoots himself in the head.

And so ends the Story of a Politician .

((As i have stated before, I do want to continue having a character, if Avindian allows me to be Ferdinand i will become the lurker of this thread till 1880))
((OK,Now I am confused did your character run become cornered and then shoot himself when he was about to be captured? Maybe I am not reading something right but a clarification would be nice.))

Let brash action not undo the bonds of brotherhood and friendship that binds this republic. Let the truth come to light before sentence rendered.

What fairy tale do you live in? Countries are not held together by friendship. And your vote on the dead traitor doesn't matter any longer. He is dead.

I formally initiate a vote of no confidence in Minister von Altmark. His outrageous behaviour is not fit for a minister.

I formally initiate a vote of no confidence in Minister von Altmark. His outrageous behaviour is not fit for a minister.

Why, because I ordered the detention of two suspected seperatists, one whom fled the police and shot himself in custody? Sounds like I am doing my job quite well, even if blocked by ideological enemies such as yourself.

Why have I called for this vote? Because you have overstepped your authority, Herr von Altmark . You have ordered the imprisonment of two innocent men, one of whom is a minister, and you have been acting in a generally dishonourable manner unbecoming a minister of our Republic. You wish to run a "police state," but we are a republic in Germany. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

~Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, Chief of the Naval General Staff

Why have I called for this vote? Because you have overstepped your authority, Herr von Altmark . You have ordered the imprisonment of two innocent men, one of whom is a minister, and you have been acting in a generally dishonourable manner unbecoming a minister of our Republic. You wish to run a "police state," but we are a republic in Germany. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

~Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, Chief of the Naval General Staff

My bounds as a police officer? You are saying that when one becomes a Minister they are above the law? That when one becomes of member of the government the police cannot touch them? Is that the type of government you would like to run, a corrupt Republic where the criminals need only to be elected to hide from their past? Heh. They were not imprisoned, only detained while their lives are searched for any connections to separatist groups operating in Germany.

And when has honour run a nation Herr Prince? A man cannot be honourable and keep the endless expanses of the Republic safe for man, women and child. If I need to be labeled as dishonourable in order to do my job effectively, I will.

And the creation of a state police is a good idea, I should note it down for further expansion.

((the concept of a "police state" did not pop up until the 1930s))

((I know, I'm trying to coin the term several decades early. :D))

I value justice, Herr von Altmark. Justice has no ideology. Justice is what keeps men from becoming beasts, as does honour. I will not stand idly by while good and honest men are harassed and violently seized in the chambers of government. As a great political philosopher once said: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Hals Gutfreund thanks the Deity that he has responsibilities requiring him to spend all of his time at the Ministry, with only short visits to the madhouse that is the Assembly to cast a vote now and then.

I vote Aye to adding Champagne to our territorial demands against the French.

I vote Nay on an immediate war with Pomerania. Our forces need some time to recover from their recent excursions, as well as the opportunity to adopt some more modern methods. ((I want to add Engineers)).

I support the vote of no confidence in the Minister of the Interior. His precipitate actions have led to this absurd tragedy in the Reichstag. Before the vote, he should be permitted to present the bona-fide evidence he has against Herr Doktor Fellman - if any.

Abstain on the annexation of Champagne.

Against any further war. All else aside, I am not a military man, but it is plain to me that we should not pursue two campaigns at once.

As Marshal of the German Army I do not believe that I should have any say on the war goals themselves therefor I will abstain from the vote in regards to Champagne. However, I am in favor of both the war in Pomerania as well as the removal of the Minister of Interior from his position.

When does one need evidence to detain a suspect for questioning? The idea is that you use a policeman's intuition.

I am against the vote of no confidence aimed at Herr von Altmark. We are at war and it is not the time to stir up the Cabinet. We should settle these disputes after hostilities with the French have ended.