• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I'm aware, that's what I meant by diplomatic isolation. Make our victory easier.))

((The Foreign Ministry plan and Technology plan both pass, as does the Party Discipline Mechanic. Parts 2 and 3 passed 10 votes to 3; Part 4 passed 8 votes to 5. I will update the table of contents. Still need plans from Finance, Interior, War, and Central Planning.))

Dr. Fellman,

Apologies for getting back to you so late. After a few simulations, we determined that 1% of tariff is worth, roughly, about £65, although it could be as little as £20 and as much as £100.

Head of the Office of Economic Statistics

((I know we're in finals season in the US -- so no rush as far as getting back to me with proposals.))

EDIT: I've updated the OP with relevant changes to the Constitution; if I missed any, please let me know.

Last edited:
After extensive thought and multiple iterations I present to you my finance plan for the coming year:

While we are still at war taxes are to be cut 2% across the board as the ministry has more income that it needs at this time.

• When the war ends the following is to happen automatically
  • The military stockpile spending for both army and navy will be reduced to 50% of current levels
  • A further tax cut of 8% to the lower class 3% to the middle class and 1% to the upper class. As we will no lounger be burdened with the expense of war. We can afford to lower our taxes significant ally epically on those who are burdened the most.
  • Military wages are to be raised by 5% the men of the military preform dangerous work. This plan gives them the wages that better suit the work they do.
    [\list]

(( Well with any luck I did my math right and we will still be making money after all of this:laugh:))

The Ministry of the Interior formally requests the Chief Clerk of State to write up the level and number of bureaucrats in the Empire

((Ie, can I have the bureaucracy level map? If all are 100% I'll do something else.))

Is the radical Dr. Fellman's plan constitutional, clerk? Please ensure Zustand der Bereitschaft Vorschlag is maintained.

((Is military spending currently at 100%? If so, I apologize! Just finished a move for the summer and I'm out of sorts. :eek:o ))

Assemblyman von Richtoften,

We appreciate your legislative zeal. Minister Fellman's bill is entirely legal, as we are presently at 100% spending.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

The Ministry of the Interior formally requests the Chief Clerk of State to write up the level and number of bureaucrats in the Empire

((Ie, can I have the bureaucracy level map? If all are 100% I'll do something else.))

Minister von Altmark,

Before I begin my report, I would like you to inform you of the military situation in Hungary. As Chancellor von Bern has been away, I think it is my duty to see that you, as Deputy Chancellor, be kept abreast of the situation.

3ma8.jpg

The heart of the Republic is exceptionally well managed and peaceful. Yet the farther out one goes, the more difficulties one encounters, as this map demonstrates. Southern Italy and the Polish border regions are particularly bad.

u2k3.jpg

The German people are also peaceful, but there have been some pockets of disturbance in Italy, as you well know. Plymouth and some areas near the French border bear close watching as well.

umfi.jpg

Here is some demographic data compiled by some of our mathematicians.

2gm47.jpg

Finally, I present to you a list of persons considered suspicious by the Corps of the Gendarmerie. Marx's Jacobin friends have been quite busy in Italy (we've had reports of a bomb or two, but our men were able to stop the plots, thank God!), both in their own right and a particularly aggressive cell based in Milan, who want to see Lombardy gain some measure of autonomy, if not independence.

vuy8.jpg

If there is anything we can do, we are at your disposal.

Chief of the Corps of Gendarmerie

It appears our industry is doing quite well. My only plans for the next year are to subsidize the canned food factories that are struggling and to build a luxury furniture factory in Tirol.

FM

BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN --

Bern, Republic of Germany

While giving his victory speech in his hometown, Assemblyman and Chancellor Alex von Bern was killed by an assassin. The explosion from the bomb rocked the city in the Swiss Alps, killing not just the Chancellor but four other local politicians, wounding dozens more. No news on who was responsible for this terrible tragedy has yet been released; the Corps of Gendarmerie is investigating. Acting Chancellor and Minister of the Interior Friedrich-Augustus von Altmark, on hearing the news, said but a single word in response, which unfortunately cannot be printed in this newspaper.

4 July 1849, New German Times

((So, Some Georgian told me he needs to leave the AAR for a time. That means we have ourselves a good ol' fashioned Constitutional Crisis! Technically, nobody thought to provide for a clear succession in this case; we might even need to hold new elections right away. Dadarian, the next move is yours. Of course, we could also have any number of other proposals...))

The passing of von Bern is unfortunate, but it shall not effect the stability of this government. As Minister of the Interior, I authorise the Gendarmerie to forcibly disband every independence movement in the Republic, and without reprieve in the Swiss Alps and Northern Italy.

As Acting Kanzler I hereby domestically declare that all cantons within the (Province?) of Switzerland shall be under martial law, under joint administration of the Ministry of the Interior and Army.

~ Acting Kanzler and Minster of the Interior Friedrich-Augustus von Altmark, Graf von Altmark

((In terms of gameplay, I assume you want all independence movements ruthlessly suppressed? What about the Jacobins? What's the priority (as I don't believe we have enough points to quash them all?))

EDIT: Incidentally, tax plan passes.

I have until thus far refrained from commenting upon the conduct of the Prince von Hohenzollern, but I can stay silent no longer.

He is an embarrassment and a shame to his family and this Republic. It would seem his earlier paranoia about threats to his life were not entirely baseless, but to take advantage of the tragedy of Chancellor von Bern's death in so crass a matter is utterly beyond the bounds of propriety. I reject without condition the tyranny the Prince has the effrontery to call the Anti-Dictator Act.

May the Acting Kanzler swiftly bring the security and justice back to the people of the Republic.

((In terms of gameplay, I assume you want all independence movements ruthlessly suppressed? What about the Jacobins? What's the priority (as I don't believe we have enough points to quash them all?))

EDIT: Incidentally, tax plan passes.

((Focus on Swiss and Northern Italian, than non-German seperatist. That's all. Biggest to smallest on all))

((This requires a vote to formally confirm in any case; it is considered a Constitutional amendment, and thus everybody in both houses is encouraged to vote. Must get a majority of both houses.))

Good God, I am speechless. May the Lord have mercy on Chancellor von Bern's soul. I will be praying all night.

I would advise against further oppressing the non-Germanic people's of the Republic. We have already faced too much oppression from ruthless Germanization policies. If this government enacts measures that I consider too harsh then I will resign from my post and take The Alliance out of the ruling coalition.

I believe it is far more likely that a monarchist was behind this vile deed. Who else would benefit more from chaos in a democratically elected government?

((Shouldn't the new chancellor be from the New Society?))

-Carlo Brunelli

Last edited:
((DutchGuy: I think they're just reacting in a natural way, given their characters. Nobody has accused you specifically. :)))

((Dude I posted the Act before Bern died, Avindian and i were PMing about the Anti-Dictator Act and while writing it he posted on my profile to look on the thread to the specified post.(I am not abusing Some Georgians departure)))
(( To avoid them double posts This is stated to Brunelli :As stated above I am not behind this))

((I didn't think so :D))

I oppose this declaration of martial law. This matter must be investigated, but penalties against those who are innocent of this crime will only drive more to hatred, and will hinder our investigation. I also oppose the crackdown on citizens of the Empire. They have yet to commit any real crime, and it seems clear that this is some kind of power grab by the minister of the interior.

It is to oppose this tyranny that Prince Albrecht's proposal would work. It could not function apart from the will of the people, and ensures that our government would follow their will. Those who oppose such an act might well be suspect of planning tyrannies of their own. I support the amendment.

FM

((The Ministry of the Interior plan now requires a vote as well. Members of the Conclave only.))