• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((We did previously discuss money, and according to this post £4million nowadays would be about £50k in game.))

((Only 4 million nowadays would be a ridiculously low amount of money. I had a tour through the municipal wine cellars near my home today, which cost 5 million euros to renovate :D

I'm trying to say 500 million euros nowadays, which would be 4000k (4 million) DMark as we previously discussed it. However, assuming that our DMark doesn't exchange 1:1 with the in-game pound sterling, £500k is an adequate number.))

48 hours is up. With the UAI entirely abstaining, the remaining 295 votes are 255 votes in favor to 40 against. The diplomatic proposal will be delivered to the UK.

I will play in a few moments -- I should be able to do everything for this via the console -- and have an update up in an hour or two!

48 hours is up. With the UAI entirely abstaining, the remaining 295 votes are 255 votes in favor to 40 against. The diplomatic proposal will be delivered to the UK.

I will play in a few moments -- I should be able to do everything for this via the console -- and have an update up in an hour or two!

Forgive my pestering, but it seems my vote was lost in the Administrative process. This is what happens when you let the imperialists take over.

I must support the proposal set forth by DDr. Gotha. We have no claim to either Bath or Salisbury, and this is a necessary step in improving the relationship between us and Britain. I originally stood against taking these, and it is good to see the everyone finally coming around.

~Owain von Dwyfor
UAI Stadtholder for Plymouth

July 1842 – July 1843: Rumblings of discontent

Michael von Hohenzollern bowed to the King of the British Empire, then turned to Dr. Gotha, the architect of one of the most landmark diplomatic maneuvers in the history of the German Republic.

“Dr. Gotha, I know we are not political friends, but I do believe you have done more for peace in Europe than anyone else in the past thirty years.”

Dr. Gotha beamed. “Thank you, Herr von Hohenzollern. I do it all for your family and the greatness of our mutual home.”

However, not everybody was pleased at the news that the German Republic had surrendered the provinces she had shed bled for, among them some of the garrison commanders in Bath and Bristol.

ni4x.jpg

The settlement was incredibly popular in the Assembly, but not everywhere. A group of students at the University of Venice led a big demonstration against the heavy-handed policies of the Wächtersbach administration towards German minorities. One of their spokesmen, when interviewed, asked why Germany was so kind to foreigners, but so cruel to her own citizens?

njfa.jpg

Although the gendarmerie were able to put down those riots, the next stirrings came in German held Croatia. There, a German factory manager was, according to some disaffected workers, lining his pockets at the expenses of the native Croatian workers. When a group of the workers approached the Stadtholder, he refused to replace the factory manager, citing that the owner of the factory was perfectly content with the performance of the factory.

49f1.jpg

Indeed, most of the factories of the German republic were performing well.

6pmj.jpg

The one dark spot was a bankrupt Canned Food factory in Franche-Comte, but the presence of another factory in the same area meant that there would be no real loss of jobs. [1] The new railroads were already proving profitable, and as more miles of track were laid, they would perform even better.

pd6z.jpg

In other foreign policy news, a Treaty of Commerce and Friendship was signed between Japan and Germany in the early hours of 2 July 1843, which showed that Foreign Minister von Bern was still very much in charge of his department.

6m6d.jpg

Overall opinion in Castille was Friendly towards Germany, and they looked forward to signing a similar agreement in the new few months. Of the so-called “Great Powers”, only Ak Konlyu exercised any serious interest in Asian affairs, as demonstrated when they backed Kashmir for independence; Qara Konlyu approached many nations, but found nobody willing to support them.

4cgp.jpg

n6i4.jpg

Even Africa was discussed among the Great Powers; the icy relations between Germany and France worsened when Minister von Bern, in a joint statement with Minister Unger of Education, announced a German scientific mission would be sent to a French colony to further investigate plants that might prove medicinally valuable.

0lip.jpg

The government’s entire weight was brought to bear on the medical problems facing Germany, especially after the new rifles were distributed among the Armies of the Republic.

s85e.jpg

Going into the last year of the Chancellor’s administration, domestic politics began to heat up. The New Society’s record seemed very positive, but with the problems among the minorities, there were some who thought that there was a real chance for the UAI or even the Alliance to gain some ground, not to mention the fact that the Imperialists were more popular than ever.

A couple of extra screens; trade:

ovyx.jpg

And the budget:

1rbh.jpg

To make the upcoming election as smooth as possible, now would be a great time to start discussion behind the scenes for Chancellor candidates.

[1] Idhrendur, apologies for the factory screen – the label “Franche-Comte” got cut off.

48 hours starts now for new/changed proposals!

Forgive my pestering, but it seems my vote was lost in the Administrative process. This is what happens when you let the imperialists take over.

((Stadtholders can't vote for foreign policy. :) Your vote was deliberately ignored.))

It shocks me to see non-German citizens of our nation treated in such a way. This is not the correct manner in which to run such a diverse nation.

((Stadtholders can't vote for foreign policy. :) Your vote was deliberately ignored.))

((Oops, my bad. Sorry for accusing you like that.))

It shocks me to see non-German citizens of our nation treated in such a way. This is not the correct manner in which to run such a diverse nation.

((Oops, my bad. Sorry for accusing you like that.))

((No worries. :D))

(( Can I get updates on the goods numbers I had asked for before? Or a copy of a recent save to use to investigate on my own? I promise to not meta-game. ))

(( Can I get updates on the goods numbers I had asked for before? Or a copy of a recent save to use to investigate on my own? I promise to not meta-game. ))

((Not sure if the save would work; Sirk said he had to do a bunch of extra stuff to get it to work, and apparently he can't any more. Give me specifically what you want (the simpler the better ;)) and I'll post it for you, or PM you.))

We may now slow down our diplomatic efforts in Japan and divert our attention to Brittany. If at any point it seems like France is blocking out our influence out of Brittany then we should stop influencing them and focus solely on Castille. (Switch Japan to priority 1. Brittany priority 2, if France keeps discrediting us or expelling our advisers then stop influencing Brittany and make Castille priority 3.)

This my friends, is what is wrong with the imperialists!!
Not only have they no respect for other countries territories, they also let the people be abused by those above them!!

I am proud to see support for the Imperialist Party mounting. Herr Meier's industrial policy has proven to be more than fruitful, and through our agreement with the British, we have secured a most welcome friendship. I can only hope that in the next term, we will gain enough seats to ensure not only a renewed coalition - but also another, Assembly-based cabinet position.

Not all is well, unfortunately. The Southern minorities feel that they are being discriminated against; this must be the very opposite of what our Interior policy intends to achieve. Or perhaps, to the contrary, it is merely a necessary phase to unite the German people? I will leave this matter to the more capable hands of Herr Von Sigmaringen, yet not until after making a suggestion. Perhaps, to speed up the integration process, we should consider subsidizing an opera or play about German history. We have some of the finest musicians in the world, of Prussian, Bavarian, Austrian and Italian culture, and together they could make a patriotic show, worthy of German pride.

This my friends, is what is wrong with the imperialists!!
Not only have they no respect for other countries territories, they also let the people be abused by those above them!!

Quite the contrary, Herr Van Hill. This matter must be dealt with post-haste.

- DDr. Wolfram Siegfried Gotha

((Gen. Marshall, I keep trying to PM you but your inbox is full it says. Anyway you can fix that for me real quick?))

Gentlemen,

Though the "Kashmir Incident" proved to defuse itself, it served to show the potential for spontaneous conflict at any time and in any place. With our current defense spending, I fear a quick, preemptive attack from our enemies would have thoroughly disabled us. To remedy this, I propose defense spending ((army and navy budget levels)) never be allowed to dip below 50% capacity. We must maintain a level of readiness from which our enemies will never sense vulnerability.

Zustand der Bereitschaft Vorschlag
  • Defense Spending will never fall below 50% of actual capacity.

Assemblymen, you may now vote on Herr von Richtofen's proposal. ((Ministers, please do submit adjusted proposals as needed.))

With the construction of fortifications along our borders all but complete and our infantrymen equipped with the finest in firearms, I propose my next reform of the army to this assemblage:
Die Unbeugsame Wacht
I intend to detach the four Hussar brigades currently serving in the Republican Armies and reform them as a dedicated reserve and occupation force (Army 18). Furthermore, I ask for the funds to raise and support four additional Hussar brigade to form a second such reserve army (Army 19) as well as eight Artillery brigades to reinforce armies 14-17. This reorganization of the military, in conjunction with the more effective small arms we have distributed, will result in inexorable formations of men guarding our Polish and Balkan borders and promise swift revenge from our more mobile elements for any attack against us.

Given the proposal I set before you, I can only support Zustand der Bereitschaft Vorschlag.

((
I'm an assemblyman and a member of the UAI. Did you miss my vote? It wouldn't have mattered, but I might have to be more obvious next time.
))

I must agree with Herr von Richtofen's proposal. The German military is the pride of Germany and it must not be allowed to fall into disrepair.