• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Somerset+Rome

[Imperialists/Assembly]

I feel it would be a useless waste of resources to invade Africa, but equally, feel that it would be a waste to give up territories which are pretty much under our control already.

- DDr. Wolfram Siegfried Gotha

I endorse proposal three.

Paul Meier, Stadholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party, Conclave

I endorse proposal three.

Paul Meier, Stadholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party, Conclave

((I counted your original vote; no worries on that!))

Oh, and when I said signatures, I meant your permanent ones. :D (Although I'll happily settle for just having the party and house included in the actual votes themselves.)

((I counted your original vote; no worries on that!))

Oh, and when I said signatures, I meant your permanent ones. :D (Although I'll happily settle for just having the party and house included in the actual votes themselves.)

(( I had figured, but I wanted to be sure. ))

I find that the current state of affairs to be appalling. The very same representatives who brought support to the war on the basis that the Somerset region is German in culture and that this "fact" is the sole reason that they go to war; These people also look to take the land of northern Africa on a claim many hundreds of years old that none other than them and their hardline nationalist allies recognize. Is that land by the same token also of the British culture and practice after such a lengthy time away from the Republic? I am further shocked that some would look to take away the sovereignty of the Papal State. No they are a brave people whom despite their poor position relative to us and underwhelming numbers of troops honored their alliance with the British People and fought us bravely on the field of battle. Nay,allow them to escape this conflict with their honor and dignity rather than forcing them into a Republic that they have despite their long history shown any interest in joining. With this all in mind I hereby cast my vote as all honorable gentlemen in these assemblies should for Proposal 1.

Only a few hours left to go. The current poll is (with rounding):

Rome and Plymouth: 86
Plymouth only: 70
Rome and all cores: 47
All cores: 26

Remember, if Plymouth only wins, we immediately go to changes in proposals (if any); if any other option does, we do a proper vote for the new plan, up or down. If it fails, Plymouth only is the plan -- if it succeeds, we go with the new plan.

Firehound15 will be officially seated, for our purposes, effective 1840, since I'm playing straight through 1839.

Go no further. You have won your war for the Cornish peninsula, with the blood of thousands on your hands; be satisfied with that. Will you blaspheme against God's Vicar on Earth?

((It may be a little late, but surely this is effectively two independent votes; Rome or not, all cores or not. On that basis, not counting Peymann's vote, taking Rome wins by 133 (86+47) votes to 96 (70+26), taking all cores loses by 73 (47+26) votes to 156 (86+70). That seems a more equitable way to count it.))

I like Damerell's suggestion, so we're adopting it, but just because I want pretty borders. :D In any case, we'll take another 48 hours to effectively make our decision (that is, until 6 PM (+4 GMT). Your task, my friends, is simply this:

Do we go for Plymouth and Rome?

If it fails, we end the war, satisfied with Plymouth. If it passes (with a majority in both houses), we annex the Papal States. Sakura_F, it's up to you, but I really don't need a new military plan just to take Rome. For other ministers, you may also present new plans (or indicate no changes) along with your vote. Remember, I'll go straight through 1839, so we can start working on the 1840 election.

We also need to vote on one additional issue. This is purely a meta issue, but I'm kicking myself for not bringing this up sooner. Do we want:

1) Elections (that is, the actual results) to appear on 1 January 1840.
2) The elections themselves begin 1 January 1840, we get results in six months.

So, from an in-game perspective, will the next update cover up to 1 January 1840, or up to 1 July 1840? I will know the electoral results in either case, but you won't. ;)

I reiterate my opposition to the annexation of the Papal States, but if it is the will of this government I will see it done.

I see no imminent need to adjust the current foreign affairs plan.

((I'd have the update go to July 1st.))

A new thought occurs. Party platform shifts. Those will need to be in place before I start the election, regardless of when the voting occurs, so I'd like you guys to start working on those behind the scenes, so that we can try to roll those out immediately following this vote.

Still against all expansionism. ((I'm not sure if this is clear, but I think any previous vote cast is effectively divisible into two independent decisions on "all cores" and "Rome", and should be retained as such, and sorry if I am stating the blindingly obvious.))

Still against all expansionism. ((I'm not sure if this is clear, but I think any previous vote cast is effectively divisible into two independent decisions on "all cores" and "Rome", and should be retained as such, and sorry if I am stating the blindingly obvious.))

((We are not retaining votes for the simple fact that people may wish to change their minds. Therefore, everybody needs to vote again, or indicate that their initial position has not changed.))

My position has not changed.
Finance Minister de Spinoza

While I am pleased at opportunities to strengthen the Empire, I am opposed to an attack on the Pope.

-Paul Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck

Rome and Plymouth, take everything, leave them nothing.

-Konrad Paulus, Assembly

((Position has not changed, just to clarify.

Also, about the election-thingy, option 2 would be my preferation.))

Last edited:
I Abstain from voting.

My only concern is the economic well being of this nation and it's nation. All other matters are of secondary importance.

~ Stadtholder Friedrich-Augustus von Altmark, Graf von Altmark and Minister of the Interior

First, I want to announce that seeing the near fulfilling of all the objectives of this government when it was chosen, I announce officially that I won´t run for a 2nd mandate. I would like to enforce my party mates of the UAI to start electing a new leader for our party that will try to rule Germany during the next mandate once mine finish.

It has been an honor to serve this our Republic, and I hope some one wiser than me is elected in 1840.

And about the topic that has brought us today, as I stated previously, I think we must free Rome from clergy control and allow them to be ruled only by law and democracy.

I vote for taking Plymouth and Rome

Chancellor Miguel de la Rosa Picard, Stadtholder von Brussels

((I agree on Warlord Skorr Foreign Plan, but I would like him to consider influencing Castille to avoid a French or Granada expansion into the peninsula, but it is up to him.

About update covering, I think is better July but not a big concern to be honest.

And about our party, I think we should start thinking on who will be our next candidate. I have suggested EtzelHoveri to create a group with all our members so we can discuss it there, but maybe candidates could state their intentions here once this vote is finished))