• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Was there a vote? Dearest me I must have missed it, jeez, guess that means I don't have to take any unpopular opinions))

((Or you could have abstained. :D))

One point of clarification, Minister Defarge. Would you have us continue to influence nations after they are sphered, or to move on at that point? I wish to make sure I have it correct before I distribute the proposal for voting.

Stenographer, 3rd class, of the Assembly

While I object to this war and it pains me to see war plans on the floor of the Conclave I find myself supportive of the attidute of this plan. If it must be war let it be over quickly and ensure that we don't get into a situation of a multi front war. Howeaver aloung these lines I must ask Assemblyman Defarge what his plans to ensure Polish nuetrality are? It is a good idea to ensure French nuetrality but we must not be left ungauraded against the eastern flank.
As Defarge has already pointed out the Polish are too occupied with their current wars to attack us and even if they did we have 5 armies with a total 135k men ready to defend The Republic not too far from the Polish border and another 6 armies with 162k men near the French border which will assist the other 5 if the situation is bleak.

((Or you could have abstained. :D))

One point of clarification, Minister Defarge. Would you have us continue to influence nations after they are sphered, or to move on at that point? I wish to make sure I have it correct before I distribute the proposal for voting.

Stenographer, 3rd class, of the Assembly
My apologies for this uncertainty: I intend to continue to influence the four nations I mentioned after they are in our sphere but at the lowest priority. Grenada might cease attempting to build their influence with the Roman Empire when they are clearly in our camp, but I do not want to be left wrong-footed if they do. Japan, Canada, and Venice are less likely to become contentious, but the same logic holds.

(( It seems editing the states of British Lower Canada, Durango, and Louisiana were suffiecient to stop England from being released. Indeed, once reabsorbed, the British now have positive colonial power. Should I keep going on 'fixing' states in the New World?

Also, it seems the release-reabsorb process with both Scotland and England has destroyed most of the Great Britian cores everywhere. I'm going to take the liberty of replacing those. ))

(( It seems editing the states of British Lower Canada, Durango, and Louisiana were suffiecient to stop England from being released. Indeed, once reabsorbed, the British now have positive colonial power. Should I keep going on 'fixing' states in the New World?

Also, it seems the release-reabsorb process with both Scotland and England has destroyed most of the Great Britian cores everywhere. I'm going to take the liberty of replacing those. ))
((I'd say no on continuing to make states for Great Britain. We do want the Scramble for Africa to actually be a scramble rather than a British steamroller.))

(( How positive are we talking about here? When we rip their fleet to shreds are we going to see a re realse of Scotland/England? Personally I would suggest nailing down the rest of the eastern seabord to be sure this issue never comes back.))

((I'll trust your judgment Idhrendur, as far as what needs to become a state and what does not. Absolutely give the Brits cores on everything they presently own.))

EDIT: Idhrendur is working on that; in the meantime, the foreign policy update will be official tomorrow morning-ish, and we do need plans if we are to invade the British. :)

Last edited:
((Sakura you should post the plans that I sent over to you a while ago(unless you want to make some changes of course)))

Ja, mein Commander.

Due to the fact that the British navy and army at this point in time is weak we will use a simple tactic, before declaration of war armies 1 through 6 will board the our navy and prepare to land in Britain after we have declared war the British will be in shock and unable to comprehend anything for a few days and in this time frame our armies will split into 3 parts taking over different parts of the isles.

((Before DoW we put 6 armies in our navy ready to attack Britain and after DoW 2 armies attack Kent, 2 attack Cornwall and I don't remember the name of the province the other 2 have to attack :p))

((Each army has 9 brigades and our navy has a carrying capacity of 59 so yes they will fit))

((Fair enough. Then, how about the actual name of the third province? That would be stellar. :)

Also, there's room to expand the plan, if you want to. You've given me pretty general instructions -- land and then take over the British Isles (including/excluding Ireland), not to mention that I don't know what to do with the navy once the troops are landed. I mean, if you want me to just do my thing, that's fine, but if you have something more specific, by all means let's hear it.))

((I have confidence in Avi's competency with the Unmentionable Sea Mammal, but Some Georgian can offer up his piece on it as well.))

((If I haven't heard anything else by this evening, I'll go ahead and play tonight.))

((So, I lied -- I'm going to play tomorrow instead. It's all Dr. Watson's fault.))

EDIT: I gave Idhrendur the wrong file, and I'm going to end up replaying the last seven months of 1837 in addition to the new year. To keep things as similar as possible, I'm going to be very hands off until 1838. If anything drastic changes, I'll post it here, but it shouldn't.

EDIT TO THE EDIT: So, if a fix was applied, it didn't take or something. The Brits released England again. I suspect Idhrendur may have sent me the wrong file back; in any case, until it's fixed, I can't play, so we'll wait and see what happens. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Last edited:
The Anglo-German War

1 December 1838, Nürnberg

Konrad von Hohenzollern’s presence at a meeting of the Assembly was unusual enough, but his request for a quorum of Stadtholders was extremely puzzling to everyone there. Accompanying him was the newly-promoted Staff Captain Albrecht von Hohenzollern, his grandson.

“Gentlemen, I understand your confusion – I assure you, all will be made clear in a matter of moments. I believe you all know my grandson?” Nods greeted that statement. “Then I will allow him to explain. Captain?”

Albrecht von Hohenzollern was, at this moment, aware of precisely how junior he was for the task appointed to him. He cleared his throat and set up a small easel. “Assemblymen, Stadtholders, I am here at the request of the Chief of Staff, Marshal von Mannerheim. I am here to brief you about the progress of what has been termed ‘Operation Sea Lion.’ As you all know, our declaration of war was somewhat delayed due to the death of the proposed commander of 1st Army.”

9p8j.jpg

“General von Franken’s replacement, Albrecht von Württemburg, sent orders to have the armies march north to join 1st Army at Bruges. In the meantime, I received an interesting letter from my cousin Michael in Canada, that the USA and Sonora had declared independence from the British Empire.” [1]

j9m5.jpg

bher.jpg

“With this news sure to have the British concerned about other colonies declaring independence, Marshal von Mannerheim gave the formal word to declare war on the British Empire, announcing as our goal to acquire Southwest England.”

26j4.jpg

“Our forces were already off the western coast of England, and upon the declaration, proceeded according to our plans, which I now divulge to you.”

1kfz.jpg

“To nobody’s surprise, the British began mobilizing their population to resist our occupation, but our armies tore through England almost without resistance. A single significant battle was fought on 27 July."

i7r4.jpg

“After that, isolated pockets of resistance were quickly and easily crushed. Only a communications breakdown has prevented us from capturing London. Here are our present positions.” [2]

3ubh.jpg

An audible gasp resounded throughout the Assembly chamber. Nobody in their wildest dreams had expected such progress so quickly. The Staff Captain waited for a moment, then continued.

“The one troublesome area has been the surprise attack by the Papal States, who honored the British alliance. The commander there was inexperienced, especially in the art of assault, and was engaged in a brutal battle.”

1u3m.jpg

“A subsequent pursuit destroyed the Papal Armies. It remains only to retake the captured provinces and then advance upon Rome.”

4tna.jpg

“That is the present state of our war with England.” Albrecht sat down, and Konrad replaced him at the podium.

“My friends, one more important piece of foreign news: Norway, seeking to gain part of the British Empire abroad, has declared war on them.”

zwwb.jpg

“Now, finally, we reach the reasoning for my being here: I have been approached, strictly unofficially, by a British agent here in our capital. The British Empire is seeking terms.”

23c0.jpg

“We can end the war, today, with a telegram to London. However, I know there are those in the audience who might wish to debate this. In particular, there are some German claims on British North Africa, around Tunisia, that we might press. A vocal minority in places like Milan and Florence would have us annex the Papal States, although at present it is purely a minority. They suggest we could make a separate agreement with Rome after their lands are conquered, while stalling the British for the present. That is why I am here, gentlemen.” [3] Konrad sat down.

Utter bedlam erupted a few moments later.

[1] Idhrendur did yeoman’s work last night getting the colony situation straightened out, but for some reason the British AI insists on releasing nations. They haven’t done any since Sonora and the USA, which I think we can live with. Idhrendur, in order to get the Brits to stop releasing England, had to delete all the English cores. If we wish to revisit this in the future, we can always add them back later, perhaps.

[2] I was moving an army next to London and caught the London army in the box. :embarrassed:

[3] We have enough jingoism to add a new goal against the British, but not against the Papal States – I suspect if we occupy their territory, that will help. We’re about .5% shy of adding a war goal against them. I genuinely don’t know where the African cores came from.

Before the war, France got a small chunk of Spain back; other than that, Alencon pushed Ak Konlyu out of the GPs (due to prestige, I’m thinking). Nothing else of global importance happened. We did finish Positivism (and start Ideological thought). In addition, this event fired.

ok51.jpg

You can see my choice above.

So, we have a decision to make. I originally said (and it’s even part of the rules) that I’d simply end the war and we’d move on. I did not expect us to ROFLstomp the British so quickly, however. Therefore, I am going to give you folks the opportunity to decide if we pursue additional war goals. My thoughts above are merely suggestions – if we’d rather do something like cut the Brits down to size, add a state, etc., all of that is fine, provided we stay within the infamy limit. This is a one-time thing: in the future, once the other guy surrenders, that's it. (My own personal preference is to annex the Papal States too, just for pretty borders, if you want it. :))

The Foreign Minister is entitled to present a proposal (even if it’s just “We annex the state and call it a war”), but we’ll open the floor to anybody (Assembly or Conclave) who might wish to add war goals (or, even, recommend a white peace). Then, we’ll do a vote to pursue a different peace, if there are any other proposals. If the vote fails (it must get a majority of both houses), we accept the British surrender as is. If another proposal succeeds, we’ll go from there.

Now, since 1838 is almost done (we’re on 1 December), no matter which decision is taken, we’ll immediately go to additional proposals, if any, and then I’ll play through 1839 as well as finishing off 1838. That means, Sirk, if that event is ready, please send it along ASAP.

The window for submitting peace proposals is 48 hours, so you have until 4 PM on Tuesday (+4 GMT).

I propose that we reclaim our cores in both Britain and Tunisia, but nothing else.
This includes signing a white peace with the Pope. He may not be the head of our church, but he is still the leader of many of our potential friends, and we have no issue with his residence in the Holy City of Rome.

~Dafydd von Dwyfor, Stadtholder of Plymouth