• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am sympathetic to my fellow representatives regarding their concerns on the speed of government. However I propose instead a moderated version of this amendment as follows :
(1) Upon appointment of Ministers by the Chancellors the Minsters of War,Foreign Policy,and Finance will present their plans to The Conclave and The Assembly. Immediately following the adoption of the final versions of this plan the Minsters of Interior and Education will present their plans.
(2) In between election cycles all Ministers will be given a standard amount of time at the beginning of the year to state any changes to their plans,with the assumption of a continuing the policy((48 Hours)) .
I present this plan as a solution to he near infinite bureaucratic delays that plagues both myself and the rest of my colleagues Either we will solve this problem or we will be slowly unknowingly and involuntarily cease to represent the people of Germany in our subconscious efforts to avoid the bureaucracy of the state.
((I do agree with the general sentiment that the iAAR is going at a overly sluggish pace (no offense, Avindian) Also Idhrendur I also do not see the new save in the OP (though I have been known to be blind on occasion)))

Last edited:
I agree on having all Ministries plans at the same time.

And about Chancellor/FM events, I think that best option is 2. You can ask about general lines or common events and then we give you an opinion. This way you can play at least the full year without problem. And if you chose a different option to me in some vent, well, I can live with it :happy:

((Sorry about the save not being posted; the internet was super mean to me yesterday. I'll post it here shortly.

With varetta's comment, I'll just try to think "WWVD" (what would varetta do) when I'm responding to events; I'll finish 1837 tonight, when I get home.

Beginning in 1838, we'll let all ministers propose plans within the 48 hour window proposed by Brothersid, but if things get confusing, you're on your own. :)))

The unexpected death of his younger son, Samuel, sent Konrad von Hohenzollern into a tail spin of mourning. It was pure chance that sent Samuel to München on family business; Konrad himself was meant to have gone, but a debate in the Conclave detained him. The infamous Epidemic of 1837 might have killed thousands, but for Konrad’s part, Samuel’s was the only one that mattered.

70dt.jpg

Samuel’s eldest son, Michael, vowed to follow in his father’s footsteps and seek election to the Assembly in 1846, when he would turn 30. In the meantime, the 22 year old found employment in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a clerk. He earned some notoriety among his compatriots for being the first one to recognize the futility of trying to influence Polish politics and making a recommendation to discontinue the policy directly to the Deputy Foreign Minister, Jerome Defarge.

0wxp.jpg

Defarge was so impressed that he sent Michael to Canada as a junior legal attache. It was there that, once again, Michael was the first to discover the change in Canada’s status: it was no longer considered a Great Power.

vazg.jpg

Michael still spent the duration of 1837 in Canada, but hoped to receive a new assignment back in Nürnberg. Wars were, slowly, being resolved and there was considerable unrest in Central Asia, as provinces of Qara Korunlyu sought to reform themselves as Kashmir.

d4es.jpg

While Michael advanced in the ranks of the Foreign Ministry, the only child of Friedrich von Hohenzollern, Albrecht, served as a platoon commander on the Polish front. Poland was increasingly beleaguered, facing war from France.

4x2o.jpg

Thankfully, the Bern reforms were almost complete, only waiting for a final brigade of Hussars to be raised.

ywkg.jpg

The French front was already fully prepared, with every army receiving its complement of dragoons and artillery.

08ku.jpg

Lieutenant Hohenzollern had tried to get his father’s influence to find a new assignment on the Western Front – he hungered for action and a chance to prove himself. The British Empire had never seemed weaker, with their own difficulties in administering their English subjects.

cnpz.jpg

Konrad, as fireworks resounded throughout the German capital to celebrate 1838, looked at the financial news without comment.

o59a.jpg

His grandsons’ advancement did not ease his heart. Konrad was already thinking about retirement and turning over the Stadtholdership to Friedrich.

I will shortly adjust the election numbers to account for ZM’s departure from the AAR. Jeeshadow, if you want a seat in the Conclave, it’s yours. Let me know ASAP. It would not affect your current status as Chief of the Navy. If other people want a Hohenzollern, the next one available will be Albrecht in 1845.

Ministers, please make any adjustments to your proposals that you care to. SomeGeorgian, in particular, you might want to move Generals around. I’ve had them on auto-assign. Here are your choices. For now, I’m excluding differences to Morale and Org, as well as Reliability (as I genuinely don’t know what it does).

Bernhard von Wittelsbach: +2 Attack/+2 Defense
Albrecht von Württemburg: +1 Defense
Albrecht Stolzer: -2 Defense/+20% speed
Adolf Witmann: +2 Defense/+10% speed
Johann Georg von Franken [our lone EU3 general]: +2 Attack/+5 Defense/+10% speed
Horst Beck-Rzikowsky: +4 Attack/+2 Defense/+10% speed
Julius von Habsburg: +1 Attack/-2 Defense
Konrad zu Hohenlohe: +1 Attack/+2 Defense/+40% speed

Our Admiral is +1 Attack. (Alexander Schobber is the name). I’ve numbered all the armies 1-12 North to South and 13-17 North to South if you want to assign them to a specific place. I’ve turned auto-assign off for the future.

The 48 hour period begins now – if there are no changes, I will play 1838 on Wednesday at 7 PM (+4 GMT).

EDIT: New vote totals

Conclave
Alliance: 2 members in the Conclave (No change). Half a vote a piece
UAI: 5 members in the Conclave (No change) -- 10 votes a piece
New Society: 4 members, 9.5 votes a piece. (No change).
Imperialists: 2 members, 5.5 votes a piece. (No change).

Assembly
Alliance: 2 members, 52.5 votes a piece (No change).
UAI: 4 members, 63.75 votes a piece (-1)
New Society: 5 members, 18 votes a piece (No change).
Imperialists: 7 members, 7 and 1/7 votes a piece (No change).

Last edited:
The Ministry of the Interior hold no changes for the following year

((Avindian, my plan was for the first 4 years, so .... yeah))

((Not sure if I missed it. What's going on technologically?))

((As you can see in the last post, we've juuuuust about finished Positivism. Sometime in 1838 we'll start Ideological Thought; not sure if we'll finish it before 1840 or not.))

((I am led to understand that Reliability affects the chance that a general's troops will join rebels.))

I should like the Foreign Minister to explain to the Assembly why it is that, if we seek to gain access to the markets of Venice and the remnants of the Roman Empire and to prevent French or British meddling in those countries, half our diplomatic corps sits idle?

While these countries cannot help but acknowledge our power, they do so grudgingly, bearing a remarkable hatred for all things German. This new pugnacious UAI may not care if they love us or fear us, but for my part, I am certain our efforts would be rewarded if they were made with clear overtures of friendship.

I also would seek assurances - speaking personally, not on behalf of the Alliance - that the heretical beliefs of the Empire will not be preached in Germany, to seduce our people from the One True Church.

((In game terms, we've got 9 diplomatic points, but rotten relations with Byzantium and Venice, and relations affect the efficiency of sphering people. I'd suggest the Foreign Minister gives a standing order for "spare" diplo points every time the reserve fills up.))

((I could use some help from somebody skilled at modding to get the England problem solved. If we want the British Empire to be something other than a laughingstock, they have to reabsorb England.))

((I am led to understand that Reliability affects the chance that a general's troops will join rebels.))

I should like the Foreign Minister to explain to the Assembly why it is that, if we seek to gain access to the markets of Venice and the remnants of the Roman Empire and to prevent French or British meddling in those countries, half our diplomatic corps sits idle?

While these countries cannot help but acknowledge our power, they do so grudgingly, bearing a remarkable hatred for all things German. This new pugnacious UAI may not care if they love us or fear us, but for my part, I am certain our efforts would be rewarded if they were made with clear overtures of friendship.

I also would seek assurances - speaking personally, not on behalf of the Alliance - that the heretical beliefs of the Empire will not be preached in Germany, to seduce our people from the One True Church.

((In game terms, we've got 9 diplomatic points, but rotten relations with Byzantium and Venice, and relations affect the efficiency of sphering people. I'd suggest the Foreign Minister gives a standing order for "spare" diplo points every time the reserve fills up.))
I appreciate Assemblyman Peymann's interest in the matter of our foreign relations and will address his concerns as well as I am able. A considerable number of diplomats had completed their missions near the end of December, and I decided to allow some of them to spend a few days with their families to share in the New Year before sending them out again. Rest assured, they will be representing our Republic rested and rejuvenated within days.

As I thought I made clear to DDr. Gotha, my diplomatic familiarity does not extend to either Venetian halls or Roman palaces. My intent was to solidify an economic relationship between our respective nations to fall back upon in case of diplomatic mistakes before attempting friendly relations. Given our current position in the Old Roman Empire, working on said friendship will in fact be their next major assignment.

In the matter of the religion of the Old Romans, I doubt it would be too difficult to get such an assurance provided it is reciprocated by an open acknowledgment of the same for the Orthodox among us. That said, to solidify such an arrangement would require the current head of the German Catholic Church to travel to, or at least meet with, the current Ecumenical Patriarch and I am not willing to ask that of Stadtholder von Hohenzollern at this time.

I hope this proves satisfactory for my colleague.

((I had assumed that diplo points were automatically to be spent on the stated objectives. Was the screenshot at a bad time for that, or did I misunderstand?))

((varetta's plan specifically said influence -- nothing about the diplo points.))

Johann Georg von Franken will lead the first army.
Konrad zu Hohenlohe will lead the second army.
Bernhard von Wittelsbach will lead the third army.
Horst Beck-Rzikowsky will lead the fourth army.
Adolf Witmann will lead the fifth army.
Albrecht Stolzer will lead the sixth army.
The rest of the generals' positions are not important at this time. I will now begin talks with Chancellor Picard regarding the reconquest of Sommerset and then our plans will be made clear.

Fair enough. ((I am considering naming generals to be fully within the Minister of War's powers and not necessarily subject to a vote.))

EDIT: I believe at this stage, only Finance and Foreign Ministries have yet to formally present something. You have 24 hours in which to do so.

Last edited:
2nd January 1838 - Extraordinary session of both Houses of the German Parliament, Nuremberg, Republic of Germany

Dear sirs,

I have applied for this extraordinary session because I have something really important to tell you.

Two years ago, when my party won the last elections I promised three things and only three things.

First, I said that we would reform the old educational system to adapt to the new times. Well, we are near to see the first results of this new politic.

Second, I promised a new economic system that would allow Germany to reach levels of prosperity never seen before. Budget of the last year speaks by itself.

And finally, I also promised that before my mandate finished we would recover the lands this Republic was stolen and that we would liberate our brothers from the tyranny and reproach.

Honorable gentlemen, this moment has arrived. Our armed forces are finally ready and battle plans prepared. Those treacherous Scottish will finally test the taste of German iron and plumber. They will finally know the price of treason and cowardice. Those scoundrels will give back what is our and all the world will know of the German righteous vengeance.

At this moment, I am formally requesting both Houses to declare the state of war with the United Kingdom.

The Minister of War, together with the Chiefs of the Army & the Navy, have prepared the plans for the future conflict so we will be able to start the operations as soon as this Chambers allowed it.

I am not going to lie to you. It is very possible that many young German boys died in this conflict. Plans have been done thinking mainly on this. But it is also truth that our brothers have been under foreign yoke for more time than no one of the presents would accept without seriously consider to take his own life. It is our duty to liberate our brothers even if that means death for some of us.

This is not a conflict for glory or richness; this is a conflict based on justice and duty.

I will say it once again, gentleman, brothers, GERMANS!!!

Allow this government to declare war and let´s recover our brothers.

Thanks

Chancellor Miguel de la Rosa Picard

((So it is, I am formally asking you to vote on war against the UK. I have not very clear which one is the next step: introduction of war plans, vote for war, planning of military objectives in case we win the war (who would decide this?) Please, Avindian, tell us.

About the situation of the deputy FM and me, I have been thinking and these are my conclusions:

1) Jerome Defarge (Warlord Skorr) will decide the foreign policy as if he were the FM, but I reserve myself the right to revoke or change anything he decide if I do not agree (so Warlord Skorr, you should inform me before if there is some big change in Foreign policy).

2) I keep for myself the right to ask the Houses for war.

3) In case of decisions/events where we can get a casus belli to get territory inside Europe I will decide (deciding yes almost every time, :rolleyes:). A similar case out of Europe will be in Defarge hands if I do not say the opposite.

And I think this is all ))

YES!

((Despite my support for the war over Somerset, I'm a little nervous that the head of the Anti-Military Liberals is happy to accept a CB against everyone...))

((I want to have the option of war if there are reasons, opportunity... It does not mean that I will go to any war we can have in Europe (plus I would need the support of both Houses).

Besides this, my character´s biography states that he believes in a united Europe under German flag, so it is logic. And remember, I am the far right of the Liberals. In fact, probably at some point in the future I will suggest a change in our politics, but not by now))

((varetta: DOW would come first; for this war, we're assuming you're using the acquire core CB. Additional war goals would have to be added with subsequent votes. Once the DOW is accepted, you have one year to actually declare war. Once the war starts, Chief(s) of Staff would present their war plans for discussion, but we do not vote on those; it's up to them. Mobilization is a grey area -- let's see how the DOW goes and we'll judge from there.))

EDIT: Point of clarification -- each war would require a separate DOW. I'm also not declaring war unless England is fixed, so we need that help from a modder to get the colony problem sorted.

This is an important vote, so I'll give it 72 hours (that is, until 10 PM (+4 GMT) on Friday, unless the trends are clear one way or another.))