• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The economy is performing remarkably well. Hopefully Wächterbasch will lead us to even greater times.

Herr Meier has done the Imperialist Party proud. The Empire owes him a vote of thanks for making Germany great again.

Imagine what would happen if there were more Imperialists in government?

Adolf von Arnim-Boitzenburg

Herr Meier has done the Imperialist Party proud. The Empire owes him a vote of thanks for making Germany great again.

I imagine imperialism.

Chancellor Picard,

I thank you for bringing these railroads to my attention. It is clear that they could greatly increase the efficiency of our industries. I will immediately set to work creating a plan to help develop our great nation's infrastructure.

Stadtholder Meier

Travel Speech of June 19, 1841

"I am pleased to see that Herr Schelling's work with the schools of the Republic is going so well that they are calling this the 'Era of Idealism'. I only hope that his work will continue to improve the life of the students and the future of our great nation. During this time I have been spending my days at the War College where my nephew, Hugo Unger, has taken up a position as an instructor. He has ideas on revolutionizing the military, but at this time he has yet to produce a working model of this new weapon.(Muzzle Loaded Rifles)

Therefore while he continues to work out the problems with this weapon, I will travel to Prague, Italy, and all other major industrial locations of our Republic. As mentioned by Chancellor Picard, there is some room in growing our ability in the factories.(Mechanical Production) For that reason I will tour these locations and try to come up with a logical solution to an increase in production."

-Maximillian Unger

Herren,

I propose that the government begin stockpiling the necessary goods to build railroads. Once a sufficient supply has been secured, the government should ensure railroads are built in the following states: Bohemia, Tirol, Brandenburg, Bayern, West Prussen, Schlesien, Vlaanderen, Croatia, Hessen, Venetia, Franche-Comté, West Switzerland, Upper Silesia, Lombardia, Baden, Provence, and Franconia.

At the same time, the government should seek for organized groups of entrepreneurs who are building railroads, and provide their groups with funding to begin the projects, provide they agree to allow for governmental right-of-way on their tracks.

This should enable Germany to have the most modern transportation infrastructure in the world.

Stadtholder Meier, Head of the State Planning Commision

To clarify -- if a party has the economic policy "State Capitalism" or "Planned Economy", railroads are the province of the President of the State Planning Commission. If it is "Interventionist", then the Minister of Finance is in charge.

Herr Meier, do you have rough number for how many materials we ought to gather?

von Richtofen pounds his tankard into the table in front of him in obvious delight at von Arnim-Boitzenburg's words, then, noticing the mead escaping the top, looks sheepishly at DDr. Gotha as if to offer his unspoken apologies.

Herr Meier, do you have rough number for how many materials we ought to gather?

Enough to build railroads in ten provinces should be a sufficient stockpile to draw from. We can begin projects in one state, wait for the stockpile to continue, then begin projects in another, and so on.

I request a report on all naval bases and fortifications within the Republic to be presented to both the Conclave and Assembly to make my plans for the next four years as transparent as possible to my colleges.

((Sorry to make you info-dump, Avindian, but I can't read the save file from 1838. I don't have any idea of how to expand our naval bases.))

((For some reason, I read the fact you put my name in italics as a 12 year old girl arguing with her parents. :D))

Minister,

Here is a detailed map of our naval bases as of early this morning:

crms.jpg

The areas with dark green cross-hatching already possess naval bases; those in light green are possible locations for new bases.

Head of the Naval Construction Department

((Mod question: for some reason, Sardinia/Corsica counts as overseas, so we can't built capital ships there when/if we build a base there. How do we fix that?

Also, apologies Warlord Skorr, but we have 231 provinces, and it would take me a LONG time to say which ones had forts and which ones didn't. Give me a general idea of what you want -- maybe just copy the map and draw some lines or something -- and I'll do the best I can.))

((For some reason, I read the fact you put my name in italics as a 12 year old girl arguing with her parents. :D))
(:)rofl: It was a habit I picked up on one of the first forums I was a part of. When you didn't have a relevant bit of someone's post to quote but still wanted to make it clear you were talking to them, you put their name in italics to make it obvious at a glance who you were talking to. It made discussing books awkward, but that didn't happen all that much.))
Also, apologies Warlord Skorr, but we have 231 provinces, and it would take me a LONG time to say which ones had forts and which ones didn't. Give me a general idea of what you want -- maybe just copy the map and draw some lines or something -- and I'll do the best I can.))
((I would like specifics on our borders with France, Poland, and Great Britain.))

((I would like specifics on our borders with France, Poland, and Great Britain.))

((The most we can have with our current tech is a level one fort. Do you just want one on every province that directly borders France, Poland, and GB?))

((The most we can have with our current tech is a level one fort. Do you just want one on every province that directly borders France, Poland, and GB?))
((Let's just go with that to speed this up))
It is my intention as Minister of War to continue fortifying our borders to further curtail any possible aggression of our neighbors. To this end I would have as advanced a fortress as possible maintained along the entirety of our French border and, economics permitting, along our Polish border as well.
Furthermore, I wish to build the infrastructure for a larger presence in the Baltic Sea by constructing new naval bases at Schleswig-Holstein and in the penninsula to its north.

This is the military plan I offer up for the consideration of my colleagues.

Okay, assuming there are no other new proposals, I will give you fine folks 24 hours to make criticisms of existing proposals, and then play.

Travel Speech of June 19, 1841

"I am pleased to see that Herr Schelling's work with the schools of the Republic is going so well that they are calling this the 'Era of Idealism'. I only hope that his work will continue to improve the life of the students and the future of our great nation. During this time I have been spending my days at the War College where my nephew, Hugo Unger, has taken up a position as an instructor. He has ideas on revolutionizing the military, but at this time he has yet to produce a working model of this new weapon.(Muzzle Loaded Rifles)

Therefore while he continues to work out the problems with this weapon, I will travel to Prague, Italy, and all other major industrial locations of our Republic. As mentioned by Chancellor Picard, there is some room in growing our ability in the factories.(Mechanical Production) For that reason I will tour these locations and try to come up with a logical solution to an increase in production."

-Maximillian Unger

Herr Unger,

it has reached to me that we have a more than capable factories. Perhaps you should look for other projects (Steamers ;))

((We already have Mechanical Production, I just realize))

Chancellor Picard,

If we are to suggest new plans, I would rather we found ways of producing cheap iron, as we must import great amounts of it, despite what should be sufficient mines to supply our own needs. Or perhaps medicine to combat the plagues sweeping the nation.

Stadtholder Meier, Head of the State Planning Commission