• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I'd like to get a few more votes, so I'm extending the deadline. I'm also fighting a nasty flu/cold, so I can't be certain when I'll update. Thanks for your patience!))

((I'd like to get a few more votes, so I'm extending the deadline. I'm also fighting a nasty flu/cold, so I can't be certain when I'll update. Thanks for your patience!))
((You're still sick? I hope it's less serious than that implies. Get well soon.))

((You're still sick? I hope it's less serious than that implies. Get well soon.))

((I don't get sick often, but when I do, it usually lasts a while. I should be fine in a few days, hopefully.))

Unexpectedly, Franz Ferdinand Schüttler decided it was time for a speech.

Stadthälter und Abgeordenete, ( Stadholders and Assemblymen)

It is in this time of secularism and modernity we find ourselves in. Germany is the undisputed premier world power, so much that no foe dares defy us. The German industry has been succesfully cultivated after years of careful planning by the Meier family and subsequent Laissez-Faire policies. It is in this time though, that we must still be wary of threats to our democracy, such as new imperialism by foreign powers . I was simply baffled by the plans of the honourable Foreign Minister to slice up a sovereign african nation state and even ally and reestablish a colonial regime in Africa. Imperialism and the attached wars of conquest and oppression is a sad state of affairs inherited from the past and must not be promoted at all costs, lest we risk denying people democratic rights we as a nation claim to uphold so greatly.

Furthermore, while we have been a republic since 1694, the Stadtholder of Nürnberg is still an inherited position for the former autocrats of the Holy Roman Empire. Let us finish our transfer to a republican democracy and fix a long overdue wrong.

It is in that mind that I announce my intention to file in this act for the next session of parliament :

Recognizing that the inherited position of the Stadtholder of Nürnberg is a legacy of Imperialism and is wholly anti-democratic, with the enactment of this Act the following will come into effect :

1 : Starting from the next German Election, the Stadtholder of Nürnberg will become an elected position, similar to the rest of the members of the Conclave of Stadtholders.

Herr Franz Ferdinand ''Beinbrecher'' Schüttler, Commander of the Corps of the Gendermerie, Assemblyman for the city of Nürnberg

((For @Avindian :

Wanted to propose some stuff and IC (and thus giving the game a kick) but found out the time to do so was not right . That is why I said it will be filed next session and then thus be voted upon .))

If I might be quite honest, what's the point? Yes, the Hohenzollerns are the only members of the Conclave who are hereditary Stadtholders, but it's not like it's been that serious of a problem in the last two centuries. The Hohenzollerns have had very little, if any time in power as Presidents or Chancellors since the old days -- I would suggest a counter-proposal that creates a referendum for the citizens of Nürnberg; one that allows them to decide if they wish to change it to an elective position, or retain the hereditary stadtholdership.

But it should be up to the citizens of Nürnberg and Nürnberg alone.

((Are we way overdue for an election for President of Italy? To be honest, I keep losing track.))

((Are we way overdue for an election for President of Italy? To be honest, I keep losing track.))

((I've not the foggiest. :p))

((I had just assumed we'd finally decided to start ignoring the pesky Italian separatists and let Clarissa Rafanelli get appointed President-for-life. It's certainly made Italy quieter. :p))

((I had just assumed we'd finally decided to start ignoring the pesky Italian separatists and let Clarissa Rafanelli get appointed President-for-life. It's certainly made Italy quieter. :p))

((I am okay with this. Il Duce valiantly defending the Fatherland. You should propose to do that because I'd like that a lot ;) ))

The new Foreign Affairs plan passes, 477 to 13 and 57 to 23. That concludes the business for this Reichstag.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

((I will try to update sometime this weekend!))

((You have almost certainly noticed that, hey, there's no update, and it's now Monday. Let me congratulate you on your perception. :) The update will be out in the next day or two; I need to catch up on some other stuff that I've been letting go for the last few days while I've been sick. There should be a general election in the update, if I've done my math correctly!))

((Sorry about this, but I have to announce yet another delay. I have rather less time than I thought to finish revising the dissertation, so that will take priority for the next week or two. I apologize again for the delay, but it can't be helped. The good news is that my schedule will be relatively free once I've finished until defense day, so I should be able to get us back on track. Thanks for your patience!))

((Sorry about this, but I have to announce yet another delay. I have rather less time than I thought to finish revising the dissertation, so that will take priority for the next week or two. I apologize again for the delay, but it can't be helped. The good news is that my schedule will be relatively free once I've finished until defense day, so I should be able to get us back on track. Thanks for your patience!))
((No problem! Just take as much time as you need!

Though I am curious, what's defense day?))

Though I am curious, what's defense day?))

((It's the day he goes before the committee that decides whether his dissertation is worth him getting his Ph.D, and defends what he's written in his dissertation. It's kind of a big deal, and not stressful at all, oh no, not at all.))

Reactions:
((Remember the best defence is offence. So just offend them and you should be sweet.))