• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Elections can be triggered at any time by hitting "Hold Election" button.))

Yes, but you still have to wait for the election events to fire.

((You can get an early election by editing the save file and making it think that you called an election earlier than you actually did or you can edit the the defines file to change the number of months that an election campaign lasts for [CAMPAIGN_DURATION = 0 will cause an election on the next day].))

Now that I did not think of! We'll still wait the week (plus, Idhrendur is fixing the naval base bug), but that would let us neatly avoid the loss of six months.

((A few questions:
1. How is the core situation in America? I mean, would be possible to have an USA rebellion in the UK, or an Argentinian in Byzantium or Australian in France...?
2. Could you upload the cultures map and the regional map of Germany? (and the infrastructure or economics, in case they have any interest)
3. The party caucus are already opened? Because no one is saying anything but I understood that this Saturday we will have the results of elections and should give our candidates before that...
4. What is the meaning of the light orange color in the diplomacy map? Truce?
5. Is there any alliance in the world that we should know of?
6. I cannot recognize the flag of all our sphere...))

Germany must recover what is German, even if that means an increase of our army than in a normal situation we, the liberals, would not support. And the first step for doing this is an improvement of our economy so we can defeat our enemies.

((They're not. The list is...
1- Germany
2- France
3- British Empire
4- Pommerania
5- Ak Koyunlu
6- Syria
7- Granada(southern Spain)
8- Canada

For the people currently members of the UAI, are any of you interested in being Chancellor?))

((For the people currently members of the UAI, are any of you interested in being Chancellor?))
((I would be, but my character is an emigrant from France and thus not eligible for the Chancellery.))

For the people currently members of the UAI, are any of you interested in being Chancellor?))

((To be honest, I am, but I am also in some ministries. :rolleyes:
This is my first Interactive AAR; by other way, Vicky 2 is the PI game where I have more experience.

I would like to start deciding between us the system to chose our candidates, if they would be our candidates to minister in case of losing elections, the politics of the party about main things (if they would be decided between all the members of the party or only those of the affected house...) and any other thing that you consider

A question for Avindian: In real life dates, could you tell us (aprox.) what time will the first period consist? I mean, something like "it would be more or less from 22-12-2013 to 15-01-2014"))

Last edited:
((Say for example I become Chancellor. Could I name 'my son' as the other Minister position.

Also what happens if a character who is playing as Chancellor, 'dies' while in office?

Finally, what do you mean by the Chancellor gets to name the ministers "bearing in mind party guidelines"? Is this in reference to the position needing either an Assembly or Conclave person?))

EtzelHoveri: yes, but he also makes reference to the results of elections. Lets say that there are 10 ministries and the election finish 20% AL, 30% L, 40% C and 10% R, then the chancelor will be C 1 minister will be R, 2 AL, 3 L and 3 C. The chancelor then can chose whoever he wants based on this but he cannot make a conpletely conservative government.

((A few questions:
1. How is the core situation in America? I mean, would be possible to have an USA rebellion in the UK, or an Argentinian in Byzantium or Australian in France...?
2. Could you upload the cultures map and the regional map of Germany? (and the infrastructure or economics, in case they have any interest)
3. The party caucus are already opened? Because no one is saying anything but I understood that this Saturday we will have the results of elections and should give our candidates before that...
4. What is the meaning of the light orange color in the diplomacy map? Truce?
5. Is there any alliance in the world that we should know of?
6. I cannot recognize the flag of all our sphere...))

Germany must recover what is German, even if that means an increase of our army than in a normal situation we, the liberals, would not support. And the first step for doing this is an improvement of our economy so we can defeat our enemies.

I will post the maps you requested here in a moment. To answer your other questions:
1. The USA has only one core -- on the part of Newfoundland they keep. No Australia that I could see. However, I got a CTD when I clicked on Release Nations for the UK, so I can't promise that.
2. The economic data is, at this point, non-existent. I'll give you the other maps here in a little bit -- we're supposed to get a new version of the converter soon, at which point I'll reconvert.
3. Party caucus is not, officially, started. I wanted to give at least a week of lead time for new players before we start choosing candidates for the various parties. However, since we're not going to have the built-in delay I had originally counted on, that's a tough question. How, precisely, you choose your Chancellor candidates among your parties is your business -- I won't interfere, as long as the term limits are strictly observed. Let's see where we're at on Thursday, for example; if we get a flood of new players, I'll push the official election back a few days. For now, if you have clear candidates in mind, go ahead and share them, but they are subject to change until Saturday.
4. An orange country is one we have a CB on. (Yeah, UK owns part of the Baltic).
5. The GPs won't ally until I unpause; that's a little too big a question to answer in a general way.
6. Sphere: Astrakhan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Krakow, Morea, Ragusa, Siebenbürgen.

((I would be, but my character is an emigrant from France and thus not eligible for the Chancellery.))

It is theoretically possible for both houses to pass a law making that okay, FWIW. (It would be considered a constitutional amendment.)

((I'd be interested.))

((To be honest, I am, but I am also in some ministries. :rolleyes:
This is my first Interactive AAR; by other way, Vicky 2 is the PI game where I have more experience.

I would like to start deciding between us the system to chose our candidates, if they would be our candidates to minister in case of losing elections, the politics of the party about main things (if they would be decided between all the members of the party or only those of the affected house...) and any other thing that you consider

A question for Avindian: In real life dates, could you tell us (aprox.) what time will the first period consist? I mean, something like "it would be more or less from 22-12-2013 to 15-01-2014"))

I have no idea. I'll have to allow for some time for people to get back to me on decisions. It depends on the engine -- it could take a week, it could take a month, to play one year. I'm just not sure.

((Say for example I become Chancellor. Could I name 'my son' as the other Minister position.

Also what happens if a character who is playing as Chancellor, 'dies' while in office?

Finally, what do you mean by the Chancellor gets to name the ministers "bearing in mind party guidelines"? Is this in reference to the position needing either an Assembly or Conclave person?))

EtzelHoveri: yes, but he also makes reference to the results of elections. Lets say that there are 10 ministries and the election finish 20% AL, 30% L, 40% C and 10% R, then the chancelor will be C 1 minister will be R, 2 AL, 3 L and 3 C. The chancelor then can chose whoever he wants based on this but he cannot make a conpletely conservative government.

varetta answered your third question. For the first two, the proper procedure in case a Chancellor dies in office would be early elections. However, this could also be changed via constititutional amendment.

How are we handling passing in-game reforms? We have players in the upper house who will dictate voting patterns but the upper house already has specific voting behaviour in-game. Will upper house players be excluded from reform votes or will we be overriding the game's limits?

How are we handling passing in-game reforms? We have players in the upper house who will dictate voting patterns but the upper house already has specific voting behaviour in-game. Will upper house players be excluded from reform votes or will we be overriding the game's limits?

If it's not possible in-game, it's not possible in the AAR. If it is possible in-game, then it's up to the Conclave to vote for whichever reform they want (if any).

((Sorry to keep clogging up the thread with OOC stuff, was just looking for any advice that someone may want to give for a first time Interactive AARer like myself. Incredibly excited to begin, just curious as to how this works. Is it essentially that we role play actual in-game decisions/choices and once approved, Avindian makes it so by playing the way we have dictated? Thanks in advance!))

((Sorry to keep clogging up the thread with OOC stuff, was just looking for any advice that someone may want to give for a first time Interactive AARer like myself. Incredibly excited to begin, just curious as to how this works. Is it essentially that we role play actual in-game decisions/choices and once approved, Avindian makes it so by playing the way we have dictated? Thanks in advance!))

((Yeah, pretty much. We just behave like we're actual politicians who are not playing a game [which, considering my lack of knowledge about V2, is pretty accurate], and Avindian gets to spend ages to transform the game into what we want it to be.))

If it's not possible in-game, it's not possible in the AAR. If it is possible in-game, then it's up to the Conclave to vote for whichever reform they want (if any).
((Ah right. I had a horrible thought about some stuff that's been tried in EoE to get reform passed by mass player support despite the in-game upper house saying no.))

Name: Hugo von Sigmaringen
House: National Assembly
Birth Place: Sigmaringen
Born: 9th June 1789
Party: The New Society (Conservative)
Background:
Hugo's father, a minor landholder of former nobility in central Germany, had high hopes that his son would serve a long and distinguished career as a soldier. Hugo's future was promising until the fresh-faced cadet took a scattershot blast to the back during one of the Nationalist Uprisings of the 1810s. He recovered but was left with a paralysed right-arm, ending any hopes of advancement in military service. His father pulled some strings to get him nominated for the local city council and his career has slowly progressed under his own merit, ending up in the National Assembly by the turn of the 1830s.

Name: Alex von Bern
Birth Place: Bern
Birthday: 31st May 1805
Party: The New Society (conservative)
Bio:
Alex comes from a family that managed to informally through diplomatic means dominate the capital of the old Swiss Republic - Bern, after the unification of the Holy Roman Empire the infamous von Berns awaited their chances to gain power again and after the formation of the republic their dream came true as Alex von Bern made his way into the National assembly through the conservative "New Society" party. He is mainly portrayed as a charismatic and diplomatic man with the ultimate ambition of becoming Foreign Minister.

Last edited:
Hey, I just realized. At present, votes are weighted based on the total amount of players in a party, but shouldn't that be the total amount of voting players in a party? Otherwise, it may very well happen that a lot of inactive members in a party bring down that party's share of the vote.

Name: Alex von Bern
Birth Place: Bern
Birthday: 31st May 1808
Party: The New Society (conservative)
Bio:
Alex comes from a family that managed to informally through diplomatic means dominate the capital of the old Swiss Republic - Bern, after the unification of the Holy Roman Empire the infamous von Berns awaited their chances to gain power again and after the formation of the republic their dream came true as Alex von Bern made his way into the National assembly through the conservative "New Society" party. He is mainly portrayed as a charismatic and diplomatic man with the ultimate ambition of becoming Foreign Minister.

1808 is under 30, and thus he would not technically "exist" at game start (since you have to be 30 to be elected to either house). You can edit the date or sit out the first election, whatever works better for you.

Oh, and please, in the interest of something like political balance, nobody else join the New Society? Please?! :D

Hey, I just realized. At present, votes are weighted based on the total amount of players in a party, but shouldn't that be the total amount of voting players in a party? Otherwise, it may very well happen that a lot of inactive members in a party bring down that party's share of the vote.

That's a really good point. I think what we'll do is, prior to each election (except the first one), we'll call a quorum. If you aren't available, we'd just call you temporarily inactive (and, obviously, ineligible for any positions). I will, of course, listen to other ideas if somebody has one that's better.