• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I oppose the plan by the Minister of Interior, government money and time need not be wasted on trying to sway voters. It is tantamount to electoral rigging, and I encourage all good Germans to vote against it.

I oppose the plot of the Minister of the Interior to corrupt the young minds with liberalism.

Adolf von Arnim-Boitzenburg
Ancient Imperialist

I have and will oppose this illegal use of goverment resources to indoctrinate the masses. I do plea for further investigation into this use of goverment resources, to investigate the need for legislation to check the power of the Minister of Internal Affairs.

Dr. Franz von Bavel-Timmermans,
Minister of Education & Stadtholder of Rotterdam,
Leader of die Sozial-Liberale Demokraten

I do oppose our minister of interior's plan.

Seeing as the Chancellor has seen fit to directly oppose the spread of Liberalism, the UAI as coalition partner and I as Minister of the Interior will cease to support this government.

- Ludwig Fredrik Andersen

Franz von Bavel-Timmermans proposes a small bill in the Conclave of Stadtholders, in light of the recent unacceptable usage of Government resources

The Government Indocrination Bill

- The practice of any kind of indoctrination supported by Government resources are illegal
- All Ministers, State Secretaries and all other Government Officials who practice illegal use of Government resources will be prosecuted and can face a prison sentence up to 5 years

((Supporting [Ideology] National Foci are from now on illegal))

With zero Stadtholders speaking up in favor of the plan, the Minister of the Interior is hereby called upon to either propose a new plan or resign his office. Although Herr Andersen does speak for his party as party leader, and is free to resign his position as Minister of the Interior, he cannot force his fellow party members to resign their seats (specifically, Herr Herwig) in the government, and each member remains free, of course, to vote his conscience.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

I support the intent of the Government Indoctrination Bill - but I have some concerns about its wording. I believe in its present form, it goes both too far and not far enough.

Not far enough, because its first half only covers "indoctrination". The taxpayer-funded distribution of pro-government propoganda posters, for example, could be held to be "not indoctrination" because they do not apply any kind of force and still leave people with a choice. Herr Anderson has already made such arguments concerning his present plan (decrying "Conservative propoganda" in the process, thus displaying a bewildering lack of self-awareness).

And too far, because its second half covers any "illegal use of Government resources" - a minor government bureaucrat who mistakenly takes home a few pencils from a government storeroom could now potentially face a five-year prison sentence for "illegal use" (theft) of "Government resources" (pencils). To me, this seems a bit harsh.

I would like to suggest the following amended wording:

- All public literature, communication and broadcasts funded by public funds - or made by the civil service - must be impartial, giving no undue weight or endorsement to any political ideology or single political party.
- Anyone found to be wilfully using public funds or the civil service bureaucracy to encourage a particular political ideology or party may up to five years' imprisonment.
- (( Supporting [Ideology] National Foci are illegal from now on.))

(( No change to the in-game consequences of TJDS's proposal, just a fluff difference only. ))

I support Herr Adimari's changes to my proposal, and I wish to repeal my bill, to make room for Herr Adimari's superior bill.

Franz von Bavel-Timmermans

Seeing as the Chancellor has seen fit to directly oppose the spread of Liberalism, the UAI as coalition partner and I as Minister of the Interior will cease to support this government.

- Ludwig Fredrik Andersen

It seems once more, a liberal government is on the brink of collapse. I do not speak for The New Society, but I believe that I personally shall support the government of the Chancellor. I also believe that His Excellency, Minister of Interior should resign his office he no longer supports the current government.

I support Herr Adimari's changes to my proposal, and I wish to repeal my bill, to make room for Herr Adimari's superior bill.

Franz von Bavel-Timmermans

I support Herr Adimari's reformed version of the bill.

"After the most unfortunate loss of Herr Andersen and the loss of the UAI in this government, I hereby fires Herr Andersen from his post of minister of the interior. The HUN have decided to go into a coalition with my current administration and pI roposes this new cabinet:

Kanzler: Konrad von Schwaben
Minister of the interior: Friedrich von Hohenstaufen
Foreign minister: Fritz von Hohenzollern
Minister of War: Hals Gutfruend
Minister of Finance: Franz von Bavel-Timmermans
Minister of Education: Walther Herwig

Last edited:
As leader of the HUN, I would like to confirm this new coalition and thank the Chancellor for appointing me to the Interior Ministry.

~ Friedrich von Hohenstaufen

I'm not sure what the legal process is now the Liberal government has fallen apart. Does the Reichspräsident now need to grant our new coalition the right to form a government? Are we to have new elections? Or do we just proceed with the new cabinet?

That liberal coalition didn't last long, not that I expected it to. They finally achieve power and the first thing they do is try to indoctrinate the population to force them to accept their ideals. Seems, well, illiberal to me. I suppose I shouldn't be so derogatory. The NLPD, and especially the Chancellor, seems to be sensible at least. Perhaps this new coalition will function better with a larger base of support.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg

((Is the game still open to new players?))

((All are welcome. :) I imagine you can just create a character and jump right in, although you'll probably want Avindian's approval first.))

The actions of Herr Andersen while Interior Minister were not unwatched by me. Finding his attempt of indoctrination thoroughly upsetting, I am glad he has been removed from the Kanzler's cabinet. Noting the coalition, I shall allow it to keep its existence. As long as a coalition exists that has greater than 50% of the population's support, as indicated by the last election, I see no reason in rehosting elections short of a complete government collapse. Since only one member of government was removed, this is hardly a reason for new elections, which are unlikely to change anything.

~ Frederick Carile, ReichPrasident

(( As for parties, there is a picture in the second post showing all their political beliefs in a Victoria II sense.))