• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote for Minimum Healthcare as always.

Herr Heinrich von Gogh, Leader of the SP and Minister of Social Affairs

Herr von Gogh,

It is either minimum wage or nothing, as nobody else proposed health care when the opportunity for proposals was made.

Herren, please make sure you vote on the other amendment proposed by Herrs Adimari and Vandenburg as well.

If no one party controls 50% of the seats, party leaders are free to form coalitions as they see fit.

Every party leader is assumed to be their party's candidate for the position of Chancellor unless explicitly stated otherwise by the party leader or a majority of the party.

((I am treating them as a unit for the purposes of simplification; if either PTSnoop or Michaelangelo wants to treat them separately, we will.))

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Herr Meningen,

Do you wish both North and South America, or just North America?

Head of the Map Bureau

Last edited:
Message to the Reichstag

Today at 8 o'clock in the morning, Herr Anderflügel was having breakfast with Doctor Heinrich Konrad, an old friend from college. Suddenly, Herr Anderflügel turned pale, muttered something about the weather, and abruptly fell down. The Doctor quickly rushed to him, but was unfortunately unable to revive the assemblymen. He was pronounced dead 10 minutes later, of a heart attack.

Message to the Reichstag

Today at 8 o'clock in the morning, Herr Anderflügel was having breakfast with Doctor Heinrich Konrad, an old friend from college. Suddenly, Herr Anderflügel turned pale, muttered something about the weather, and abruptly fell down. The Doctor quickly rushed to him, but was unfortunately unable to revive the assemblymen. He was pronounced dead 10 minutes later, of a heart attack.

Another german bites the dust.And yet I remain.I shall attend the funeral, even if we did not get along all that well.

For the matter of reform, it will be Minimum wage

Heer Heinrich van Gogh, Leader of the SP and Minister of Social Affairs

Minimum Wage

((A speech will be up ASAP.))

I support the constitutional amendments.

And with the education plan proving to advance our grasp of business matters, I believe we should be able to afford a minimum wage, and so I support it. If nothing else, opposing it while there is such a demand for it would only provoke hostility between workers and businessmen.

FM

I suppose it is implied that I support my own amendment, but I shall vote regardless since we've seen how loopholes in our system can cause chaos.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg

It is either minimum wage or nothing, as nobody else proposed health care when the opportunity for proposals was made.

And I trust we shall have nothing. Let the market decide what wages to pay. If you will permit me to say it, the workers who count their wages at the gates of Peymann and Sons do not find themselves short of a crust, without any intervention by the Reichstag. That is because work by skilled shipbuilders is in demand. How will you encourage men to build ships, or to do what else is needed, if every job pays the same?

((Abstain on PTSnoop's amendment; yes for Michaelangelo's))

I support the amendments.

-Herr Liberator

((You need to formally message LatinKaiser if you want to join the HUN -- until then, your votes will continue to count with the NLPD.))

I vote against a minimum wage, and I support the proposed amendments.

Furthermore, I formally welcome Herr Meningen back into the ranks of the HUN.

~ Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, Chief of the General Staff

Against minimum wage. Perhaps, if another government had been in power, the lower classes wouldn't have been strangled financially to such an extent that they are now prepared to riot for a minimum wage far below anything our workers are actually being paid. Alas... 'tis not my struggle now.

- Ludwig Fredrik Andersen

I vote against a minimum wage, and I support the proposed amendments.

Furthermore, I formally welcome Herr Meningen back into the ranks of the HUN.

~ Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, Chief of the General Staff

((This will take effect after the update.))

Herren,

The proposal to pass minimum wage is defeated in the Assembly, 200 votes in favor, 300 against. This makes the vote in the Conclave irrelevant.

The question of the Vandenburg-Adimari amendments remains open, so please continue to vote.

Finance, Foreign, and War plans have all passed. We need plans from the Ministries of the Interior and Education. Interior also needs to select a new Commander of Gendarmerie, or confirm the continuation of Herr Herzog in office.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Maps of the Americas:

nLhmC7.jpg

yOZpEw.jpg

WhiAyx.jpg

LkSt4v.jpg

Thank you. The Map Guild always comes in handy.

If the British fiends are able to industrialize the new world, they could match our strength. Perhaps we should liberate the peoples of America?

-Herr Liberator

((Oh god those are some ugly borders!

Who has Nova Scotia, northwestern Mexico, the Florida panhandle, and that ugly blue patch in the middle of Colombia?))

((Nova Scotia = Maritime Union
Mexico = Sonora
Panhandle FL = Norway
Colombia = Not positive, but I think Sweden.))