- Nov 27, 2013
((Could I get some screenshots of techs we have researched, or a list?))
The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.
((Since HOD you only need state and government))Our military technology is in a truly disgraceful state. If we do not hurry, the Poles will soon overrun us. I am also disgusted by the lack of democratic nationalism our government displays.
((we should research machine guns and Nat + Imperialism to unlock African colonization))
((Since HOD you only need state and government))
Stockpile the goods we need ((IE military goods and goods for factories)), and subsidize the factories that are in the red. Keep the factories churning out profits, basically.
Frederick Carile, Minister of Finance
Steam Turbines would allow our mines and farms to create even more raw materials for our factories, decreasing our dependence on other nations.
I hear that some firms have begun using assembly lines. These firms should have their methods studied and applied in general, as this looks to massively increase our industry's efficiency.
Advanced metallurgy is within our grasp. The benefits to development of these techniques would be without measure.
With our increase in steel production, we can make steel railroads, but we need to solve some engineering issues first.
I hear some chemists have begun research into organic chemistry. If what half of their promises are true, this could open up entirely new areas of production.
Business banks would have many beneficial effects on business, making it easier for private investors to start new businesses, and would additionally allow us to raise more taxes.
Specifying particular banks that can print bills would improve the flow of money, improving our ability to tax, and allowing us to better pay our bureaucrats, giving us more efficient administration.
Improved business regulations would greatly improve the ability of our business men to innovate, and also for us to tax them appropriately.
(( I've been researching Friedrich Meier's future technologies to beg for. I thought I'd point out the following, as people may wish to campaign for them:
- Nationalism and Imperialism (technically, the 'The Dark Continent' invention, which cannot pop before 1890) will be necessary for the Scramble for Africa. It's already available.
- Military Logistics would improve the speed of it popping.
- Steel Steamers (available 1880) would do the same.
- If my math is right, Colonial Negotiations (an invention from Breech Loaded Rifles, which we already have) could also put us over the top for colonizing Africa. It can pop in 1880.
- Machine guns would help it pop.
- As would naval logistics.
- And economic responsibility.
- We definitely need Mission to Civilize (an invention from State & Government, which we have) will absolutely be necessary for colonization. It can pop starting in 1860, so we may already have it.
- If we don't, Nationalism and Imperialism will help.
- As will Market Regulations.
- And Naval Statistics.
- And in general, the better our Naval Doctrine tech, the better shipyards we can build, and the further we can colonize.
The Ministry of War has no new plans. If the naval base expansion program hasn't been completed, complete it.
The Ministry would direct further naval base expansion to level 3, which would allow the construction of iron-clads and monitors, but WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT YET.
...and if we accept the Ministry of Education's proposal without change, WE NEVER WILL KNOW HOW.
For this reason, I object to the Education plan.
Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War