• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Again this is a situation whereby our allies do not call for German men, rather for German money. Not only this, but they require the money for a war against our hated foe, the Byzantines, for the freedom of the Athenians. No people are oppressed, in fact some are liberated should this war go in the Athenians favor. I therefore support their war.

((We'd be allying with Bulgaria, not Athens.

Also, a clarification from above -- legally, MG cannot serve as Foreign Minister because he is already Minister of the Interior. However, I'm willing to let it slide this one time simply to get this election over with. :)))

Provided we can sustain such an expense, I have no objections.

~Frederick Carile

((Can I name Michael von Hohenzollern Foreign minister?))

I must admit that I did not consider that less direct support in the Koyunlu War might encourage others to ask the German people to bankroll settling old scores. Still, as long as our diplomatic corps soothes the Byzantines by pointing out the Bulgarians are helping them to put down their rebellion, I see no reason not to do so.

((Yes, I know there is no way to actually do that last bit in game. Support the Bulgarian War))

I support aiding out ally's Bulgaria, with men and money.

I must admit that I did not consider that less direct support in the Koyunlu War might encourage others to ask the German people to bankroll settling old scores.

And why not? I have only been pointing out that our alliances simply make us a soft touch since 1845.

When von Hohenzollern rose to the Chancellorship, I was willing to allow us to make the Imperialists' experiment; I am sorry it has come to this end.

Naturally, I oppose yet more squandering of German gold on other people's wars.

I will hereby announce that Michael von Hohenzollern will be acting Foreign minister until these elections are over.

~ Konrad von Schwaben, Acting Chancellor and Minister of the Interior

Last edited:
And why not? I have only been pointing out that our alliances simply make us a soft touch since 1845.

When von Hohenzollern rose to the Chancellorship, I was willing to allow us to make the Imperialists' experiment; I am sorry it has come to this end.

Naturally, I oppose yet more squandering of German gold on other people's wars.

Imperialists' experiment? Herr Peymann, you are aware that Herr von Hohenzollern was a member of the republican HUN, are you not?

Imperialists' experiment? Herr Peymann, you are aware that Herr von Hohenzollern was a member of the republican HUN, are you not?

Need I remind you of what I said when he became Chancellor? I did not expect to see a von Hohenzollern in power again, much as it might delight the Imperialists, but I was willing to see what the end result would be.

((Can't be arsed to search the entire thread for exact words; forgive me.))

I would not support our allies in Bulgaria. Any war is a slippery slope into death and more blood being shed.
-Statthalther Von Spinoza

((Can I initiate a vote yet, or do i have to wait for the election?))

((After the election. :)))

As interim Foreign Minister, I can only insist that we support our allies and ask for a formal declaration of war.

Michael von Hohenzollern

((I will tally all votes already made; if you have not yet voted, please do so!))

I will also support our allies.

I cannot, in good conscience, support any war.

G. A. Servatius van Kloetinge
Leader of the Alliance

Again, it would be shameful if we did not support our allies.

FM

We must support our allies. Unlike with Ak Koyunlu, this war is occurring within our own backyard and cannot be ignored. We do not need yet another potential hostile power within the area.