• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
9982a452749416c02066839ba5f034f5.jpg

Name: Stadtholder Otto IX von Altmark, Count of Altmark
Date of Birth: July 12th, 1833
House: Conclave
Political Affiliation: Imperialist (1865 - present)

Bio: Born the eldest son to the last count of Altmark, Friedrich-Augustus, Otto continues his family's tradition by continuing to use his noble title regardless of the legalistic restrictions of such noble titles. Otto is a staunch Conservative, economically and socially. He values the ideals of times past, as told to him by his father. However this does not mean he is dull, as his experience working within the DAMU has brought a certain cunning from him. He more or less inherited his father's position of Stadtholder from him, with no real other contenders.

Titles: Count of Altmark ~ 1865 - present
Owner of Deutsch Allgemeine Materialien Unternehmens (DAMU) ~ 1865 - present
Stadtholder of Altmark ~ 1865 - present

((Welcome back! I'm glad you weren't gone long. :)))

Last edited:
((if that is a early picture of Wilhel II, then I sadly dont have a photgraph for Ferdinand :())

((Nah, that is a just a picture of a military uniform from the 1890's Argentina I think.))

Gentlemen, a few hours remain to still propose either new Social Reform packages (apart from Herr von Gogh's proposal for Common Schools) or any other legislation. As it stands, the ballot will include Herr Spinoza's flag proposal, Herr Carile's flag proposal, Herr Hohenzollern's Defense of Germany Act, and Herr van Gogh's proposal for Common Schools. Given that they are mutually exclusive, Herr Spinoza's and Herr Carile's proposals will be counterposed against one another in the eventual ballot, unless they come to an agreement before the deadline.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

I've had a couple of questions about re-establishing the monarchy and/or a coup system.

I have no personal objections to either of those scenarios at some point in the future provided:

a) There must be a clear and well defined mechanic established for either of those scenarios. Any sort of government change will result in a new constitution, naturally.
b) I really hate the idea of any sort of system where one person or group of people dominates the iAAR for any length of time. At that point, the AAR ceases being interactive. So, even in some sort of Fascist dictatorship (to cherry pick an example), there would have to be something for the resistance to do or for people who don't wish to be part of the main party.
c) As the GM and writer of the AAR, I will continue to hold veto power if things get out of hand, as in breaking forum rules or creating an environment that's too disruptive (i.e. flame wars, personal attacks, etc.)

So, I'm open to suggestions on how to implement a coup system or a way to change governments. Please don't say "look at this AAR" -- give me specific proposals to work with.

((How about you can agitate instead of vote each term, which increases militancy and makes the faction you are pushing for bigger. If there is an IG revolt that corresponds to your faction, you can tie yourself to it. I don't know if you can edit the save to make rebels but maybe you can also start a revolt if you think your faction is big enough.

So for example, let's say I want to install an HM government. I agitate instead of vote so militancy increases and x amount of people join the reactionary/con mon in Germany faction. A few years later, reactionary rebels rise up. I can then either take leadership of the rebellion, in which you can institute your demands if you win, or distance yourself from it.))

Mein Herren,

I was thinking about this whole monarchism deal when I came up with the following ideas:
DutchGuy said:
I have some personal Ideas how much power the monarch would get.

1 :The Monarch is the head of the German state, has exactly 1 seat in both houses.He can propose anything exept constitutional amendments, he can not join parties or form his own.(Monarch decides in case of a tie)
2 : The Monarch can call for early elections if the ruling parties loose their majority in one of both houses.

((These are just ideas, feel free to comment on them and add suggestions of your own.))

Heinrich von Gogh,Leader of the SDAP

Mein Herren,

I was thinking about this whole monarchism deal when I came up with the following ideas:

Heinrich von Gogh

((It is a pretty empty space my dear))

Maximillian perks up at the word monarchism. Did someone say monarchy? Yes, yes; let's do that.

Let me assure you, my Imperialist friend, this monarch would have less power than a normal Assemblyman or Stadtholder.

~ Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, Chief of the General Staff

Let me assure you, my Imperialist friend, this monarch would have less power than a normal Assemblyman or Stadtholder.

~ Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, Chief of the General Staff

As long as the monarchy is officially recognized, no matter how powerless, I am content. A constitutional monarch is still a monarch.

((Just found a nice photo for Fred. Just imagine this guy yelling at Andre's characters:
170px-LeopoldHS.jpg
))

((nah, I have chosen a portrait for Ferdinand already, Wilhelm II))

((Uh, "Fred" as in Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, the resident loudmouth of the Reichstag. :p))

((Proposals or thoughts about coups/monarchies don't need to be IC. :)))

The deadline has passed. Herren, please indicate your pleasure on the following items:

1. Shall we enact a Common School system for every child in Germany, as proposed by Herr von Gogh? ((This would be the "Acceptable Schools" reform in-game.))

2. Shall we enact the Carile plan for a new flag --

The Dual Flag Bill, Amended

1. The heraldic flag shall be kept as an official flag of the state.
2. The plain flag, before the previous amendment, shall become a secondary flag of the state, with equal validity to the new flag.
3. Both flags are equal in status, and there is no penalty nor discrimination towards any who use either flag.
4. All those accused of burning the heraldic flag shall be acquitted, to prevent arduous legal procedures.
5. If only one flag is allowed to be used, the heraldic flag shall be used in the procedure.

or the Spinoza plan?

The Flag Restoration Bill

1. The current flag of Germany shall be replaced with the previous flag.
2. Any copies of the current flag shall be considered discarded.
3. Any persons currently under arrest or convicted due to anti-flag activites shall be given amnesty.

3. Shall we enact the Defense of Germany Act?

The Defense of Germany Act

If a state of legally declared war exists between Germany and one or more enemies, the army and navy will immediately be fully funded, regardless of cost, until the next annual meeting of the Reichstag or the end of the war, whichever comes first.

The ballot will remain open for 48 hours or until the outcome is no longer in doubt, whichever comes first.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court