• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((No worries. I am a relatively benevolent grammar fanatic :)))

((Then you are no true friend of Grammar. I spit at you, for you have sold out to Grammar's enemies! :mad:))

((Then you are no true friend of Grammar. I spit at you, for you have sold out to Grammar's enemies! :mad:))
(( don't be spitting at me, I don't want your Ebola :p))

(( to be fair, Brunelli wouldn't notice the difference the auto correct mistakes, it's his deep Austrian accident :p)
Herr Brunelli, I'm not saying that it's a crime, I'm saying its unethical that a man of your statute to get drunk so often. Soon the tabloids will catch you doing something illegal/extremely wrong, and when that day comes, I will laugh at your resignation

What do you mean, "Drunk so often?" You have no idea what you are talking about, you fool.

-an angry Brunelli

What do you mean, "Drunk so often?" You have no idea what you are talking about, you fool.

-an angry Brunelli
I hear of you getting smashed every week ((smashed is australian for absolutely drunk))

As the Assembly is against further reforms, there is no sense in continuing the balloting. The plan for secret reforms is defeated in the Assembly, 180 votes in favor to 320 against.

As a point of order: The Corps of Gendarmerie is not an active army unit; it is a group of armed police, subject to the control of the Ministry of Interior.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

With the verbal support of the New Society, HUN, and UAI, as well as the tacit support of the Imperialists ((Michaelangelo has not done so in thread, but did support him in the chat room for party leaders)), Hugo Unger is asked to form a government as soon as possible, that the business of the Republic may continue.

Any individuals wishing to promote a specific bill or constitutional amendment may submit them for judicial review within the next 48 hours. ((That is, you can propose bills, but no voting until I've had a look at them. :)))

((Look who's calling who illiterate :p

And yes, I am a Grammar Nazi.))

((And yet you don't use 'whom'? :p))

I cannot say that I am in any way pleased by this result, though in many ways it is to be expected. Nevertheless, reform shall come in time. That is inexorable.

~G. A. Servatius van Kloetinge

((Oops, I didn't realize I had to announce here the support for the HUN to lead a coalition. :p Also perhaps everyone critiquing grammar should consider that not everyone speaks English as their first language.))

Hugo Unger and the HUN has the full support of the Imperialist Party to form the government.

((Oops, I didn't realize I had to announce here the support for the HUN to lead a coalition. :p Also perhaps everyone critiquing grammar should consider that not everyone speaks English as their first language.))

((When does that ever stop anyone?))

Unger's First Speech as newly elected Chancellor of Germany

"I first wish to formally thank all those who have seen fit to support me in my rise from a lowly officer who oversaw the first Dragoon brigade fighting in the Anglo-German War of 1838 to Marshall of the German war machine and now Chancellor of this magnificent Republic. I spent the majority of my life fighting and spending my days on the battlefield. This will hopefully not be my legacy as Chancellor. No, my goal will be to revolutionize our armed forces so that no man would dare oppose this Republic. Hopefully, this most recent war has proven our might and will help ensure a time of peace and prosperity between us and the rest of the world. If not, then I will ensure that our army will be able to face any opposition with minimal loss of life.

"I must also say thanks and pay homage to my predecessor, Otto von Bismarck. Herr Bismarck has led our nation valiantly these past nearly three terms. Our nation has grown stronger thanks to him and his guidance. He has done much for Germany and I will look to his guidance while I fill the role he has vacated. To ensure I have him available to assist me at nearly all times, I am naming him to the position of Foreign Minister. Joining him from the New Society in my new cabinet will be Josef Hermann de Spinoza. When I named Spinoza to the position of head of the African Corp, I received many letters of ill content on this move. Nevertheless Spinoza performed exceptionally well and so will be promoted to Minister of War.

"When I first came into the world of politics I was a member of the UAI, which all Unger and von Ungerns have been since the Ungerns helped form the party in 1761. Due to my stronger beliefs in state controlled economy as well as a stronger military, I found it necessary to leave the party and form a new one alongside Michael von Hohenzollern. In just eleven years the Hohenzollern Unger Nationalists Party has risen from the first newly formed party in the Modern Era to the newest Chancellor of the Republic being from this party. That does not mean I have forgotten my roots, nor that I am focused solely on a belief that any one party be it liberal, conservative, or moderate has the best guidance for this nation. For this reason I will be keeping Dominik Fellman, leader of the UAI, as Minister of Finance. Going along with Finance is of course the position of President of the State Planning Commission. This position has been held by the Meier family for the past thirty some years and I see no reason to change this. They have done a wonderful job and I will allow them to continue to function in this capacity.

"This just leaves the positions of the Minister of Education and Minister of Interior left to be named. As much as I wish to allow Michael von Hohenzollern to stay on as Minister of Interior, by our current laws he can not hold that position as he is a member of my own party. Therefore I will be naming Maximillian von Vandenburg to this position. He will know doubt do well in this new position, but I must make a request that he consider removing Konrad von Schwaben from his current position as Head of the Corps of Gendarmerie. The man simply does not seem to fit the position well. Recently I met a fine young man by the name of Walther Herwig((Warlord Skorr's new character)) and I believe he would make a fine leader of the Gendarmerie. However, the decision is of course yours.

"To ensure the continued progress of the military advancement, at this time I will continue to act as Minister of Education, until a suitable replacement can be found."

((Chancellor- Hugo Unger
Foreign Minister - Otto von Bismarck
Minister of War - Josef Hermann de Spinoza
Minister of the Interior - Maximillian von Vandenburg
Minister of Finance - Dominik Fellman
Minister of Education - Hugo Unger
Head of the State Planning Commission - Friedrich Meier))

I will not let myslef be removed from my title. This is outragerous. I oppose Channelor Unger. I will also ask our channelor how I do not fit my position well?

~Konrad von Schwaben, Head of the Corps of the Gendarmerie

Last edited:
((You do realize I'm not removing you from your position right? I don't have that power. It was merely a suggestion to the new Minister of Interior.))

I will not let myslef be removed from my title. This is outragerous. I oppose Channelor Unger. I will also ask our channelor how I do not fit my position well?

Hahahahaha!

DDr. Gotha contains himself, before his laugh gets out of hand.

You will not let yourself be removed from your title? Your title?! You serve the German Emp - *cough* Republic and it should be your sole duty to follow the Chancellor's orders! If you have gotten mad with power, Schwaben, think again. Another man can be named in your stead... in a matter of seconds. And I motion that such should be the course of action!

- Gotha

I applaud our new chancellor. Finally we have a man leading us who understands and represents the best ideals of our great republic. All members of our esteemed legislature and cabinet should now give support to his agenda. And, may our new government overcome the backwards thinking politicians who have held us back. I especially commend the chancellor for keeping the Ministry of Education out of the hands of those who have held us back in the past. Chancellor Unger makes me proud to be a member of the HUN.

As to the matter of the Genderarmerie, I demand von Schwaben's removal as its commander. He has proved himself incapable of performing his duties and disloyal to the men under him. May the Conclave see the wisdom of the chancellor's words.

-Giuseppe Putini, Assemblyman

((You do realize I'm not removing you from your position right? I don't have that power. It was merely a suggestion to the new Minister of Interior.))

((I know, but it was your suggestion so...))

As to the matter of the Genderarmerie, I demand von Schwaben's removal as its commander. He has proved himself incapable of performing his duties and disloyal to the men under him. May the Conclave see the wisdom of the chancellor's words.

Please do explain, how I'm incapable of performing my duties. I have done everything the minister of Interior asked of me. And, disloyal? Never have I heard such a stupid thing from an Assemblyman. If you look at the years I have been Head of the Corps, I have only been just. You don't even know how the Corps work, and whom who works there.

Before you insult one of my party member's with not knowing how the Corp works you should also reconsider your statement. The Gendarmerie Corp follows the Chancellor's commands, but the Head of the Corp is chosen by the Minister of Interior. Therefore, you doing what the Minister of Interior has asked of you, means nothing except that you kissed up to the man who had control of your position, oh wait you consider it your god given title. At this time you have neither been removed from your command nor has it even put up to possible vote.

Now on to my second order of business, I wish to propose that Dueling becomes illegal. When I first joined the Army it was common practice for officers to find themselves in duels because of disagreements. This led to duels to attempt to achieve higher rank by killing the man above them. All it did was cause disharmony in both the ranks and officer corps. For this reason duels became illegal in the armed forces around the time of the Byzantine War and my first time as Chief of the Army. In the past few years there has been to much squabbling that leads to foolish anger and the calls for duels in this government. This needs to stop and so I ask you men to see reason and make it illegal for such brash and foolish actions to continue in the place of government.

-Hugo Unger,
Chancellor of the German Republic,
Marshall of Germany,
((Prince of Death))

Please do explain, how I'm incapable of performing my duties. I have done everything the minister of Interior asked of me. And, disloyal? Never have I heard such a stupid thing from an Assemblyman. If you look at the years I have been Head of the Corps, I have only been just. You don't even know how the Corps work, and whom who works there.

You dare call me stupid? Clearly you just exploit your position to bully those who disagree with you. And you are allowed to get away with it because you have always sucked up to the Minister of the Interior. This is cronyism at the highest level! You must be prevented from continuing your corrupt reign of terror! I beg the Conclave to immediately remove this man from public office.

mm2.jpg

The Prince of Death claims the soul of Konrad von Schwaben