• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps the Minister of Education should leave the concerns of foreign policy to the Foreign Minister, and concern himself with issues that are more pertinent to his position, such as the uniforms of German schoolgirls...

~ a HUN party backbencher

Perhaps you should keep out of serious policy discussion and stay in the backbench where you belong.

The Ministry of Finance announces that there will be a 2% increase in taxes across all levels of German socitey while I am loathe to raise taxes the treasury is to low and growing to slowly ensure that Germany will be able to sustain costs assostied with war or other misfortune that may befall us. Further, I vote Yes to the appointment of a new Head of the Corps de Germandie. It is unfortunate that Herr Altmark is so opposed to a reasanoble check to the a power of the Corps. Thankfully,Herr Hohenzollern is more open minded.

The Ministry of Finance announces that there will be a 2% increase in taxes across all levels of German socitey while I am loathe to raise taxes the treasury is to low and growing to slowly ensure that Germany will be able to sustain costs assostied with war or other misfortune that may befall us. Further, I vote Yes to the appointment of a new Head of the Corps de Germandie. It is unfortunate that Herr Altmark is so opposed to a reasanoble check to the a power of the Corps. Thankfully,Herr Hohenzollern is more open minded.

How about we cut the bloated budgets of the military and clergy instead?

If we cut the budgets of the clergy, our literacy rate and general education quality are sure to decrease. Surely, as the Minister of Education, you must be aware of this fact.

~ the same HUN backbencher

((In what sense are the HUN on the back bench? If I understand the British meaning of the term, that's for marginal parties -- the HUN is arguably the most powerful party in the coalition, certainly on par with the New Society.))

((In what sense are the HUN on the back bench? If I understand the British meaning of the term, that's for marginal parties -- the HUN is arguably the most powerful party in the coalition, certainly on par with the New Society.))

((In Parliament, each party's MP's have varying amounts of clout. The heavy hitters in the majority are ministers and members of Cabinet. they sit down front on the ministry bench. The heavy hitters in the opposition sit across the gangway and are also on a front bench. MP's of less clout sit behind these two positions, and are thus referred to as 'back benchers'. It doesn't refer to a party as a whole, but to an individual MP's position within the party.))

((In Parliament, each party's MP's have varying amounts of clout. The heavy hitters in the majority are ministers and members of Cabinet. they sit down front on the ministry bench. The heavy hitters in the opposition sit across the gangway and are also on a front bench. MP's of less clout sit behind these two positions, and are thus referred to as 'back benchers'. It doesn't refer to a party as a whole, but to an individual MP's position within the party.))

((Okay -- which makes LatinKaiser's statement even less sensible, since he's the Foreign Minister. ;)))

((Okay -- which makes LatinKaiser's statement even less sensible, since he's the Foreign Minister. ;)))

((I think the idea is that he's briefly commandeered another character to play as – i.e. an actual backbencher. :)))

Herr Peymann, I cannot predict the future, nor can I guarantee that the Transylvanians won't wage wars of their own, but I can reassure the Assembly that Germany will be safer from attack if we have more allies.

Can you?

I, for my part, cannot imagine the enemy that would not shy from Germany's massive military and undenied string of successes, but would reconsider the situation in fear of Transylvania and their army. It is as if I were to step forward to assault a famous prize-fighter, and then desist because his six year old daughter was defending him.

The history of the Republic shows that the aid we have got from our allies is insignificant compared to the aid we have given. I am not criticising them for this; as long as Germany remains a soft touch for anyone who comes, cap in hand, begging for our troops to settle their own problems, of course they will continue to come.

((I think the idea is that he's briefly commandeered another character to play as – i.e. an actual backbencher. :)))

((I was under the impression that using random characters to make fun of your rivals was a common practice in IARRs. If it's a problem then I won't do it again.))

As you well know the spending on military stockpiles is at the constitutionaly mandated minimum. If, you refer to wages of the military then i say that they deserve their wages given hazards that are assosited with their job. Regarding Education we spend a great sum on it as a means to ensure that literacy is high and stays there enabling the creation and spread of ideas that enables democracy.

I of course vote Yes for appointing me as the Head of the Corps de Germandie.

- Konrad von Schwaben

(( I dont think you can vote for yourself :D [...]))

((I don't see why one couldn't vote for oneself. It's common practice in most voting situations.))

((IRL maybe, but in IAARS it is a very uncommon practise))

((Not really. I've never known an election or vote where one couldn't vote for oneself.

Of course, Av will eventually have the final word, but I certainly wouldn't object to anyone voting for themselves.))

((I was under the impression that using random characters to make fun of your rivals was a common practice in IARRs. If it's a problem then I won't do it again.))

((No, it's not a problem at all, just wasn't clear you weren't acting as yourself. ;)))

((Not really. I've never known an election or vote where one couldn't vote for oneself.

Of course, Av will eventually have the final word, but I certainly wouldn't object to anyone voting for themselves.))

((Depending on the specific vote, I don't mind -- the one exception being votes of no confidence, in which case I treat the person being removed as abstaining. In every other circumstance I can think of, voting for yourself is fine.))

Only planning commission is left; new tax plan and new foreign ministry plan pass. Also, with a vote of 57 votes in favor, 16 votes against, and 27 votes abstaining, Konrad von Schwaben ((Mikkel Gladhel)) is appointed as head of the Corps of Gendarmerie.

My dear Schwaben,

I am pleased to see your appointment went through without a hitch. Your first and only priority is to carry out the investigation into my cousin's disappearance. Report back to me the instant you have any results.

Michael von Hohenzollern, Minister of the Interior

I shall find out whatever I can in this case, about Ferdinands disappearance, and I will report whatever I find.

- Konrad von Schwaben, Head of the Corps of Gendarmerie

(( Whoops, I thought I had made a plan already! ))

During this year, we will continue to expand factories as they near full capacity. The bankrupted factories in Bohemia and Pomerania will be dismantled. The hiring priority policies in Bohemia, Piemont, Upper Bavaria, Rheinland, Westfalen, and Flanders will be rescinded, people can get jobs where they please.

In the meanwhile, I will work with my staff to develop a comprehensive long-term industrial plan.

FM

Ferdinand von Hohenzollern's Disappearance Report
Maked by Konrad von Schwaben, Head of the Corps of Gendarmerie on the behalf of Minister of the Interior Michael von Hohenzollern

We in the Corp of the Gendarmerie has worked for months and we have finnaly found out were Ferdiand von Hohenzollern is supposed to be. My spies report that he is working in the only fertilizer factory outside Nuremberg in the region of Franconia, and is living in a slum with an unknown family. That is that young Ferdinand has been working hard right infront of our noses. We suppose that his mother who disappeared together with him, and thereafter, to get him out of the way, sold him to the factory owner, and the factory owner then granted him to a family in the slums, as we believe it was part of the deal with the poor boy's mother.

As this is a very serious case, the responsible is to be punished, as the law says. We have currently two suspects. Ferdinands von Hohenzollern's mother, ((I don't know her name)) and the factory owner who must have had known the name and face of Ferdinand von Hohenzollern and his mother.
We have temporarely arrested the owner and he will be interrogated soon enough. As Ferdinands mother is already captured and has said what she knows she will get her punishment as soon as possible.

We have currently Ferdinand located and we can get him out, if our Parliment supports the decision of moving the Gendarmerie into the factory.

~Konrad von Schwaben, Head of the Coprs of the Gendarmerie

Last edited: