• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lor Dric

The Mad Modder
48 Badges
Aug 4, 2008
hosted.filefront.com
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Pride of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Magicka
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
SON OF A VAEGIR: YEAR ONE

qoymx5.jpg

My name is Alfonso Del Loridan aka Big Al, aka Lor the Conquerer, aka King Loridan, aka Emperor Alfonso, and this is my tale. It all begins a little less than 3 years ago in the sleepy Vaegir countryside, it seems like a lifetime ago. Me and my friends talked about going out and becoming adventurers for years then came the evening we actually decided to do it. We met at our favorite pub The Busty Wench about 35 of us, and after a few mugs of ale we were talking of it again when I said "Enough of this talk if you are men meet me here tomorrow 8 in the morning and We will go!. Soon 20 of us were going home to pack our belongings.

Last edited:
10mm0b7.jpg

This is the quiet village of Ayyike, it is where I was born and raised. Me and my best friend William Gravard had many wooden sword fights in the street, and those times behind the barn with Bridgette ..... ah I'm going to miss this old place. I hope William packs and comes along tomorrow. I'm all packed and ready to go, just have to tell my parents I wonder how they will react?

Hardly got any sleep last night I'm so excited. I rechecked my pack 3 times already, I go do chores with my little brother, we get done quickly this morning. I see Mom and Dad in front of the house and I tell them I'm leaving to go adventuring with my friends and this was their reaction.

2ppbkhy.jpg

I was shocked. I follow and Mom goes to work in the garden and Dad goes out to work in the barn, so I go in to grab my belongings out of the house to get going and meet the rest of the party at the pub.

118irkz.jpg

This is what I look like when I leave home.

Last edited:
I say goodbye to my little brother Omaro, who of course wants to go along with me. I spend a few minutes giving him a list of reasons why he can't, finally he relents knowing he has to stay to help Dad run the farm. When I come out my parents are there Mom has a leather pouch full of denars and Dad has Maggie(our old farm horse) saddled and ready to go and his old sword, shield and crossbow. They are all tearful saying they knew the day was coming that I wasn't like the other lads of the village, I was made for something greater than farming. Mom gives me the pouch telling me that it wasn't much, but it would get me down the road a ways if I was careful with it. Dad gives me one of his best crooked grins and says for me to take good care of Maggie and myself, and to come back and visit when I get the chance. I give them hugs and mount up telling them thanks for everything and that I would be back. On the way out I stop by the family plot to say goodbye to my grands and my two little sisters that got sick and died a couple of years ago. That done I head to Williams on my way out of the village. William is there waiting for me, he climbs up on Maggie and we take off at a gallop for the meeting at the pub in Reyvadin.

Last edited:
s2d643.jpg

We meet at the Pub and gather in the field behind it 16 showed up counting me. Me, William, Joff, Thomas, Shane, Art, Hadj, Newt, George, J.D., Paddy, Richard, Harold, and two others I haven't met before. George comes over with the two new guys and tells me they are his cousins from a couple of valleys over Bill and Ted. I'm the only one with a horse.

Last edited:
I'm glad no one notices that I cracked my head on a branch going around the pub in the early morning light, too used to walking, this will take a little while to get used to. I really like being able to see farther up here in the saddle though. I look out at the guys and ask "Do any of you want to be the leader besides me?" George steps forward and says that he would like to try. I say "Let's each tell the band how we would run things then let them decide with a vote." George agrees. "You first George." George stammers a little, looks at his feet then says "We would ride around looking to do good deeds and hope to get rewarded and share in the spoils. I guess that's it." I get down off my high horse and look them each in the eye. "You would work for me, I will pay each a weekly wage plus spoils. I would buy the food we need that we couldn't get by hunting. We would hunt down all types of bandits for their bounty, I have heard there is good money in this. If we are successful enough maybe a King will offer us a place in his empire. You men take some time and think about it, me and George will go get some supplies then come back to hear the vote."

Last edited:
George goes to get some supplies from the smith and I go to get food from the market. I'm almost there when a man who looks half crazed comes running up to me, I have my sword half drawn before he screeches "don't hurt me, help me, I need your help." I say "what kind of help?" "It's... it's my Brother, oh I was stupid, times are tough so I bought some things from some smugglers and I couldn't make my last payment so they took my Brother hostage. I saw you gathering men behind the pub so I thought I could hire you maybe?"

xq0lt.jpg

I say "yes we'll do it give me the money." He pays and says " I'll be here when you are done."

I'm glad to have the extra 100 denars for food. I get olives, grapes, sausages, cabbage and more grain to go with the smoked fish I already have. I go find George and we head back. When we get back to the field William says "George got 2 votes and Al got 12, so Al is our leader." I shake hands with George and he takes this quite well, so I don't think any problems will come from him losing.

Last edited:

Last edited:
This is day 1 of the game. I have gotten 1021 days into the game. The first year will be a little sketchy as I didn't take a lot of notes the next 2 years should be better. Hope you like it, sorry it's in so many posts, time is hard to come by for something like this.

My different phases

Big Al

2q8aee0.jpg

Lor The Conquerer

28kls8k.jpg

King Loridan

ehjg9t.jpg

Emperor Alfonso

11w4y2w.jpg

Last edited: